PDA

View Full Version : PSP TV Helper

wraggster
September 23rd, 2006, 02:59
mEo (http://www.meosoft.net/) posted this news/release:

Hi,

I have made an application that helps you to install various programs and configure settings to get live tv streaming onto your PSP. It uses TVU Player, TVC Media Player and the psp application PMP VCL. What the program is, is a step-by-step guide to make it a lot easier to setup, rather than having to fiddle with numerous settings and tweaking it to get it right.

Download Here (http://www.meosoft.net/files/) (psptvsetup.exe 14.9mb)

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 03:00
Wow! This is cool! What other equipment do I need for this? :)

Solidsnake3000
September 23rd, 2006, 03:10
will u need an internet connection

LC_killer
September 23rd, 2006, 03:38
wow that link goes to the parent dir. and has some personal documents. lol.. bad move.

PlagueMusic
September 23rd, 2006, 03:53
lawl

JKKDARK
September 23rd, 2006, 03:57
it sounds good :)

NJisMYhome
September 23rd, 2006, 03:59
ca u download other channels like nick or mtv??????

drew4237
September 23rd, 2006, 04:02
no other channels but i cant get any to come up in tvu. i clicked install and it wont come up. i do have a firewall but even when i shut it off it still wonk work. it never says buffering all it says is ready never changes.

emuking
September 23rd, 2006, 04:22
i hate to say it but this is really old news guys it came out like two week ago and the dreaded pspupdates already had a tut for how to set it up so you might want to go check that out

davidman0100
September 23rd, 2006, 04:44
where can i find out how to use it

zevernos
September 23rd, 2006, 05:55
does this only work on 1.5??

edit:sadly it doesnt work on v2.0+ right now

F9zDark
September 23rd, 2006, 07:42
Got it to work briefly, didn't play any sound, but the video flickered on the PSP and then I got a problem on the computer with the program (a memory issue, probably need more/newer ram).

All other tries ended with no results :(

F9zDark
September 23rd, 2006, 08:01
I got it working, searched QJ.net for a guide, and followed it. I had an error with a port in the PMP.ini settings, which I was able to see was incorrect with the guide from QJ. Got it working though and its awesome. Too bad TVU player is so lacking in good channels; wish it could just capture it from card and play it that way.

I suppose I can just mess around with it see what I can do with it.

hetster
September 23rd, 2006, 11:43
doesnt matter if tvu has so few channels lol..

i have this working with tvu..pplive..sopcast..my freeview tv card..dvd's avi's lol it plays the lot..the only 1 i cant figure out how to tream is tvants which is the best 1 for me as it shows lots and lots of prem matches. i can get the stream name and port but vlc refuses to stream it..

the way to do it is to use ANY tv prog you want then right click the media player and select properties..get the address and port number and stream name and replace that in vlc in network stream then use all the same other settings as you did before..

if you want to play around with the settings in vlc then
height = height(272 is full screen)
width = width (480 is full screen)
vb = video bitrate
ab = audio bitrate
fps = frames per second (25 is standard pal tv)

if you decide to go for a high fps or high vb then be sure to press triange on psp to go into 333mhtz mode so it doesnt jerk as much.

these are the settings i generaly use for tv
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=500,width=480,heig ht=272,fps=15,acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2}:duplica te{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=192.xxx.xxx.xxx :1234}}
be sure to change the xxx at the end for your own internal ip addy

for dvd and avi i generaly use the same but increase fps to between 23 and 25

be sure to set cache in vlc to min 3000 if your streaming live tv.

heres easy steps for those struggling
1. open tvu (others are ok to see above)
2. select channel
3. open vlc and file..open network stream
4. tick http and type in 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8901 (thats for tvu for others again check above)(change to your ip)
5. tick cache and set to 3000 - 5000
6. tick streaming and hit settings button
7. paste the code i put into target at top of vlc
8. hit ok back to vlc
9. open psp start vlc mod start network and hit live stream. mainly doesnt work first time so when pic freezes hit square and live stream again.

have fun

Too bad TVU player is so lacking in good channels; wish it could just capture it from card and play it that way.

you can instead of opening network stream in vlc open capture device and paste that code in stream target. i have been streaming my freeview to psp

hetster
September 23rd, 2006, 12:00
doesnt matter if tvu has so few channels lol..

i have this working with tvu..pplive..sopcast..my freeview tv card..dvd's avi's lol it plays the lot..the only 1 i cant figure out how to tream is tvants which is the best 1 for me as it shows lots and lots of prem matches. i can get the stream name and port but vlc refuses to stream it..

the way to do it is to use ANY tv prog you want then right click the media player and select properties..get the address and port number and stream name and replace that in vlc in network stream then use all the same other settings as you did before..

if you want to play around with the settings in vlc then
height = height(272 is full screen)
width = width (480 is full screen)
vb = video bitrate
ab = audio bitrate
fps = frames per second (25 is standard pal tv)

if you decide to go for a high fps or high vb then be sure to press triange on psp to go into 333mhtz mode so it doesnt jerk as much.

these are the settings i generaly use for tv
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=500,width=480,heig ht=272,fps=15,acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2}:duplica te{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=192.xxx.xxx.xxx :1234}}
be sure to change the xxx at the end for your own internal ip addy

for dvd and avi i generaly use the same but increase fps to between 23 and 25

be sure to set cache in vlc to min 3000 if your streaming live tv.

heres easy steps for those struggling
1. open tvu (others are ok to see above)
2. select channel
3. open vlc and file..open network stream
4. tick http and type in 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8901 (thats for tvu for others again check above)(change to your ip)
5. tick cache and set to 3000 - 5000
6. tick streaming and hit settings button
7. paste the code i put into target at top of vlc
8. hit ok back to vlc
9. open psp start vlc mod start network and hit live stream. mainly doesnt work first time so when pic freezes hit square and live stream again.

have fun

you can instead of opening network stream in vlc open capture device and paste that code in stream target. i have been streaming my freeview to psp

these are instructions for the old version..that was posted not the auto installer. i assume its same version but with an easy installer..if you still get problems then overwrite EVERYTHING in your ini to this

Code:
# Net Io Config
[net]
con = 1;
vlc_server = 192.XXX.XXX.XXX;
vlc_port = 8080;

pmp_server = 192.XXX.XXX.XXX;
pmp_port = 3333;

debug = 0;

videopath1 = c:\Movies\;
videopath2 = ;
videopath3 = ;
videopath4 = ;
videopath5 = ;

musicpath1 = c:\Music\;
musicpath2 = ;
musicpath3 = ;
musicpath4 = ;
musicpath5 = ;

dvd_drive = e:

# VLC transcoding settings
[transcode]
res_horiz = 360;
res_vert = 272;
use_avc_hw = 0;
vid_codec = DIV3;
vid_bitrate = 600;
vid_fps = 25;
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1};

aud_codec = mp3;
aud_bitrate = 48;
aud_channels = 2;
resample = 0;
aud_samplerate = 44100;

container = ogg;

# live stream server
[live]
liveserver = 192.XXX.XXX.XXX;
liveport = 1234;

change the ip's with yours (2 at top 1 at bottom)
then paste the code in previous post to your target box in vlc and it should play fine..i have been using this method flawlessly for a week now and have also set many others up to do the same..so change your ini and the code and it should play basicaqly anything you want it to