PDA

View Full Version : PS3 to be used as a Download Device for PSP

wraggster
September 23rd, 2006, 03:17
We all know the Playstation emulator for the PSP is coming soon, and it looks like Sony are going to use the PS3 to download them to transfer later to PSP.

Heres some screens (via ps3fan (http://www.ps3-fan.net/2006/09/ps3pspsppsp.html))

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ridge.jpg

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/loco.jpg

Lets hope having the PS3 isnt a requirement eh ?

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 03:18
Just like Nintendo's idea... :rolleyes:
(well, sort of...)

Vega
September 23rd, 2006, 03:50
I dont know wetherto be happy or not. Its cool that PS3 can transfer PS1 games into the PSP, tho I hope its not a requirement.....

We can all guess for weeks, or just wait. I choose to wait and see.

emuking
September 23rd, 2006, 04:16
you know whats funny i dont think anyone realizes that since the ps3 has already been proven to have firmware updates like the psp and can do anything it can do and more, what i mean is has anyone thought of the high possibility that the sony ps1 emu can be played on the ps3 as well as the psp, so anyone ever though of that :D

masterpsp2.6
September 23rd, 2006, 04:47
i jus hope we will be able to get ps1 emulator for psp without ps3............and i hope its runs really nice!!!

FrozenIpaq
September 23rd, 2006, 04:48
Old news ;)

On top of that, they are copying the Wii in every aspect - emulators, "motion sensing", and now this..pathetic

Tetris999
September 23rd, 2006, 04:56
whats so pathetic u loser? just cz they copy makes the system bad? no they may be losers but if its hella better than the wii then i dont really care more reason to buy it only fanboys care about copying and crap about it i wouldnt get angry if nintendo made theryre ds as good as the psp and with a touch screen

M!ckeY
September 23rd, 2006, 05:28
yup, i agree with Tetris, i don't care if other platforms copy eachother :)

klisejo
September 23rd, 2006, 06:45
jesus I hope not. Its gonna be hard enough even getting a ps3 until next year anyways.

Mr. Shizzy
September 23rd, 2006, 07:28
you know whats funny i dont think anyone realizes that since the ps3 has already been proven to have firmware updates like the psp and can do anything it can do and more, what i mean is has anyone thought of the high possibility that the sony ps1 emu can be played on the ps3 as well as the psp, so anyone ever though of that :D

Yes. SONY announced a long time ago, that the PS3 would be backwards compatible with PS1 & PS2 discs. And that it would also be capable of directly downloading those games to the hard drive from their download service.:)

hksrb25s14
September 23rd, 2006, 07:57
man this means PS3= FW 3.0 for PSP noooo...

Eric
September 23rd, 2006, 08:19
It might be a feature of that you can transfer the games you own for Playstation 1 can transfer from PS3 to PSP. I'm just thinkin that might whats goin to happen.

Dickhead
September 23rd, 2006, 09:11
This means even more of a reason why we need to run an psx emulator on 1.5/homwbrew, becasue then you dont need a ps3, unless someone hacks firmware 3 and sonys emulator

emuking
September 23rd, 2006, 09:30
Yes. SONY announced a long time ago, that the PS3 would be backwards compatible with PS1 & PS2 discs. And that it would also be capable of directly downloading those games to the hard drive from their download service.:)

thank god that at least one person knows that :D

hack.fool
September 23rd, 2006, 10:43

..also (..one day) we can download Psone game from Psp-store..if not .. I wait for
the alternative Psx emu from the home-developement company :D

Veskgar
September 23rd, 2006, 13:00
Well if the PS1 downloads are large, it would be great to use the PS3's hard drive to store the files and transfer back/forth to the PSP as needed. I figured that this was the way it was going to work. Unfortunately I won't be using this right away because I won't upgrade my 1.50.

I hold out hope for the firmware & PS1 EMU to be emulated in some way on a 1.50.

Basil Zero
September 23rd, 2006, 15:29
man, this is a good feature upon ps3, and this adds up to the 600 dollar mark, however not there yet..

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 23rd, 2006, 22:25
i just want a firmware on a psp that can run the ps1 emu and homebrew!!!

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 22:25
i just want a firmware on a psp that can run the ps1 emu and homebrew!!!
And that is devhooked. :)

TacticalBread
September 24th, 2006, 04:58
whats so pathetic u loser? just cz they copy makes the system bad? no they may be losers but if its hella better than the wii then i dont really care more reason to buy it only fanboys care about copying and crap about it i wouldnt get angry if nintendo made theryre ds as good as the psp and with a touch screen

I personally think it's BS companies take ideas from competitor such as when Sony stole ideas from Nintendo. That says that Sony is not very original, and focuses on only graphics, and then to make the system better, steals ideas, such as motion senisitivity, from competitors.

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 05:09
So thoes this mean you can play them also via PS3 or not.

Mr. Shizzy
September 24th, 2006, 08:29
So thoes this mean you can play them also via PS3 or not.

Yes.