PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2006 - Camera details revealed!

wraggster
September 23rd, 2006, 03:28
News via PSPVault (http://www.psp-vault.com/Article684.psp)

Here we have some details of the PSP's upcoming camera accessory, "Chotto Shot."

Movies recorded using Chotto Shot can be exported to AVI for viewing on your PC. "Chotto Shot Edit" editing software is included.

You can use AdHoc to exchange videos with your friends. More details as they come in!

Screenshots Via Comments

aries2k4
September 23rd, 2006, 04:03
hmm, looks interesting.Ad-hoc sounds good

Festizzio
September 23rd, 2006, 04:13
This looks awesome.

XedLos
September 23rd, 2006, 06:52
this is just a camera right cause if it was a video camera it would be cool, there could be like live chat thing using the socom headset or somthing

PSPages
September 23rd, 2006, 08:08
It is capable of taking moving images. Hence the export to .avi function! :D

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 09:33
I already have a digital camera. I have almost no need for this...

EvilDooinz
September 23rd, 2006, 18:51
I wonder what the quality of the images / video is. I broke my digi cam so I might pick this up. Combined with my 1 gig ms I could take alot more pics and video than my old camera with out buying a camera and a larger ms.

pkmaximum
September 23rd, 2006, 20:53
The downloading software part into it to make it work does not sound too great though. But I'm sure some homebrew coder will figure out how to write a homebrew app to use it anyway. For the meantime, I guess I can onl wait till this is released, and I'll buy it once an app is written for it.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 23rd, 2006, 22:20
cool!

F9zDark
September 23rd, 2006, 23:14
I heard a while back, the camera was 1.5 megapixel. Nothing too spectacular, my phone can do that...

I hope that has changed though.

MaxSMoke
September 23rd, 2006, 23:26
This could make an interesting Homebrew Security Camera. Imagine putting the PSP into one of many different charging/docking stations, with the camera and software at work. It could take a picture every second and compared that picture to the last. If there's movement detected, it would automatically upload the last few frames to a website and/or FTP.

In this way, it would automatically upload any images/video of anything or anyone moving in your room. How's that for useful?

Also, video conferencing would be Da Bomb. But you'd need some way to find people, like a Buddy List. Otherwise, getting a connection could be very hard.

Maybe a Chat room that leads to Video Chat? I guess somebody would need to host the server in order to establish chat between us. But just image, a Homebrew game that brings together EVERYBODY in the Homebrew scene to talk and chat!

Could be VERY cool!

Also, lastly, you can use the video camera like an Optical Mouse uses a it's camera. You could use the PSP Camera like a mouse, and control a game just by moving the PSP around. I've seen it done before with a Nokia Homebrew game, and I heard it worked pretty well. (Never got around to trying it, myself) I bet some college kid might put this together just as part of his/her thesis. Once the drivers are out there, all kinds of Homebrew games could use it to control their games!

So there you go, 3 novel ways to make use of a PSP Camera:

#1. Security Camera w/ Internet Access
#2. Homebrew Video Chat Rooms, Uniting Homebrews around the world!
#3. Controlling Homebrew Games like an Optical Mouse

crackkills
September 23rd, 2006, 23:29
how many MP, hopefully not less than 2

Video_freak
September 24th, 2006, 00:59
I heard a while back, the camera was 1.5 megapixel. Nothing too spectacular, my phone can do that...

I hope that has changed though.
@Crackkills /\

Vangar
September 24th, 2006, 11:30
Why the hell export to AVI when the PSP runs Mp4.. Silly to say the least.

Drunk Vegan
September 27th, 2006, 04:32
Homebrew progs such as PMP can play AVI files.. and if you don't use homebrew I don't know why you're mounting a camera on your PSP anyway.