PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2006 - GPS details revealed!

wraggster
September 23rd, 2006, 03:32
Via PSPvault (http://www.psp-vault.com/Article683.psp)

Fantastic news about the PSP is absolutely pouring in from the Tokyo Game Show.

First up is some new screenshots and information on the PSP's GPS accessory. "Minna no Golf" allows you to plan out your shots at actual golf courses (in Japan) using the GPS accessory. As we predicted, Edia will indeed be providing full-on navigation software for the PSP.

Screens Via Comments

JKKDARK
September 23rd, 2006, 03:33
it looks nice! I can't wait :)

PShadow
September 23rd, 2006, 04:20
Sorry, i know this is completely out of subject... But could someone by any chance direct me to where i could find a so called psp to pc joystick Homebrew App? Any response would be highly appreciated =)

The GPS looks sweet as hell, but i'll wait till i hear user comments in here to decide if it's worth it.

psychadelicious
September 23rd, 2006, 04:22
neato

PSPages
September 23rd, 2006, 05:18
Finally, the wait is almost over till I can use the PSP as a sat nav!

I want more info now....how much will the SW cost?

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 07:00
Yes! I might get this! :)

M!ckeY
September 23rd, 2006, 07:53
omg!!! that's the girl from hot shots golf :eek:

dmac
September 23rd, 2006, 12:23
What are we supposed to do , take the PSP golfing with us to our home courses? Map it out and then the PSP will show us where to shoot? Don't accidently hit it with your golf club.

Basil Zero
September 23rd, 2006, 15:19
the map system looks primitive, my car's navigation system looks better, but the fact that they have interacting character...looks interesting....might get this....via dev hook .lol

F9zDark
September 23rd, 2006, 16:48
Doesn't match the PSP color scheme whatsoever. That nice GPS unit goes well with the White PSP, but not the black one...

When will Sony learn...

Personally, I could give a shit about this unit; there is a better, homebrew option available to us right now. From what another post said about the GPS unit and camera is that its coming out in Japan Dec 7, with worldwide release information TBA. Knowing how stupid Sony has been with the PSP it wouldn't surprise me if these peripherals came out as a 2 year anniversary for the PSP... :mad:

crackkills
September 23rd, 2006, 23:29
yay!! the government can track our every movement