PDA

View Full Version : Dc Xbox ???

VampDude
September 23rd, 2006, 04:24
I was just searching google and came across something i've never seen before (thou someone here probably has) a Dreamcast made to look simular to an XBOX???

it looks cheap and nasty

http://j.hautier.free.fr/hanzennikki/pic/2006.01.31/dreamcast%20en%20xboite.jpg

why would someone do this to a perfectly good console?

Vangar
September 23rd, 2006, 11:46
Photoshop, DUDE.

SSaxdude
September 23rd, 2006, 14:29
I saw that somewhere. I think there's also a DC Gamecube.

JKKDARK
September 23rd, 2006, 14:46
Yes, you can see them in the dreamcast-scene site. Also, there are a gamecube version and a Playstation 2 version.

fackue
September 23rd, 2006, 16:24
Photoshop, DUDE.
Actually, I think that's a real mod. It was done for a convention I believe, as was the GameCube version. There's even a PS2 version but that one I'm not sure if it was or is real.

1stvinicius
September 23rd, 2006, 17:40
Photoshop or not this is totally useless...

JKKDARK
September 23rd, 2006, 17:48
Photoshop or not this is totally useless...
It is not useless. It looks more cool, and it is a real dreamcast.

1stvinicius
September 23rd, 2006, 19:44
It is not useless. It looks more cool, and it is a real dreamcast.

So tell me what kind of utility this crap can bring...

It can be cool for you but may be crap for others. Why pick a DC and convert it into a XBOX or a PS2???
Will you play xbox games on it? Ps2 games? No.

The only thing i can think as an utility for it is that the work spent on it can be applied as a moding training... (but that's my vision of utility).

A better moding would be a transparent case with some internal blue lights... or an adaptation of a HD incorporated to the main console or even the Treamcast.

BrooksyX
September 23rd, 2006, 20:05
So tell me what kind of utility this crap can bring...

It can be cool for you but may be crap for others. Why pick a DC and convert it into a XBOX or a PS2???
Will you play xbox games on it? Ps2 games? No.

The only thing i can think as an utility for it is that the work spent on it can be applied as a moding training... (but that's my vision of utility).

A better moding would be a transparent case with some internal blue lights... or an adaptation of a HD incorporated to the main console or even the Treamcast.

I dont see why you are getting so mad. I personally think that it looks cool, but that is my opinion. You think that it was a waste if time, thats your opinion.

But you cant go saying that it was a waste of a mod, the person who made it did it because they wanted to do it. If you hate it so much how about you go buy a dreamcast and mod it how you would like it.

Also, I am pretty sure no one has got a dreamcast to be able to read games off of a hdd yet. But there used to be people working on it.

crackkills
September 23rd, 2006, 23:08
I think it looks good but i knind of agree with people against it. although it does look good, why spend time making it look like something else when you could make it look very original and awsome.

JKKDARK
September 23rd, 2006, 23:22
I think it looks good but i knind of agree with people against it. although it does look good, why spend time making it look like something else when you could make it look very original and awsome.
if you don't like it, make your own thing

VampDude
September 24th, 2006, 00:10
some look cool...

...and others, well they just look "weird"

take this Millenium Falcon mod for instance...

...it looks kinda cool (well not really), but looks weird cause why would anyone do this to their console?

bet it does'nt even play games thou, cause it would just overheat due to all the lights and stuff!

http://www.tuning-consoles.com/images/zoom/LDWCDJ/falcon.jpg

JKKDARK
September 24th, 2006, 00:13
it looks awesome :) but if you can't play games, it sucks :(

VampDude
September 24th, 2006, 00:13
I saw that somewhere. I think there's also a DC Gamecube.

DC gamecube?

dya mean

a gamecube that looks like a dreamcast

or

a dreamcast that looks like a gamecube

im confused big time, cause I cant even find it! lmao

VampDude
September 24th, 2006, 00:17
it looks awesome :) but if you can't play games, it sucks :(

dunno if it can play games or not?

would be cool if it did thou, but it looks too big to even be a games console it just looks like something that would just sit on a shelve untouched for years gathering dust thou

1stvinicius
September 24th, 2006, 03:40
I dont see why you are getting so mad. I personally think that it looks cool, but that is my opinion. You think that it was a waste if time, thats your opinion.

But you cant go saying that it was a waste of a mod, the person who made it did it because they wanted to do it. If you hate it so much how about you go buy a dreamcast and mod it how you would like it.

Also, I am pretty sure no one has got a dreamcast to be able to read games off of a hdd yet. But there used to be people working on it.

Madnes:
I got too mad about it?? I didn't realize I was takin' so hard cause english isn't my natural language. Those were the words i found to answer his comment, which, by the way, was missing arguments.

Opinions:
You said "I dont see why you are getting so mad. I personally think that it looks cool, but that is my opinion. You think that it was a waste if time, thats your opinion." Thats what I was trying to say to the kid above you... Opinions are indivudual stuff. It seems that you almost repeated my first words with minor modifications...:rolleyes:

HDD: I cant talk too much about games being read directly from a hd. All i have said is that a mod with an hdd would be more useful. (hds have been adapted to dreamcast units by some few people).

JKKDARK
September 24th, 2006, 03:52
Madnes:
I got too mad about it?? I didn't realize I was takin' so hard cause english isn't my natural language. Those were the words i found to answer his comment, which, by the way, was missing arguments.

Opinions:
You said "I dont see why you are getting so mad. I personally think that it looks cool, but that is my opinion. You think that it was a waste if time, thats your opinion." Thats what I was trying to say to the kid above you... Opinions are indivudual stuff. It seems that you almost repeated my first words with minor modifications...:rolleyes:

HDD: I cant talk too much about games being read directly from a hd. All i have said is that a mod with an hdd would be more useful. (hds have been adapted to dreamcast units by some few people).
lol then you must be 30+ years old, right? :rolleyes:

VampDude
September 24th, 2006, 04:57
Madnes:

lmao

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 07:19
I think it looks nice i wish i new how so i can do it to mine.

quzar
September 24th, 2006, 14:03
some look cool...

...and others, well they just look "weird"

take this Millenium Falcon mod for instance...

...it looks kinda cool (well not really), but looks weird cause why would anyone do this to their console?

bet it does'nt even play games thou, cause it would just overheat due to all the lights and stuff!

http://www.tuning-consoles.com/images/zoom/LDWCDJ/falcon.jpg

It plays games fine. LEDs don't really give off any heat, just so you know, nor do they draw much power.

1stvinicius
September 24th, 2006, 15:38

Good words.

sixtyten
September 24th, 2006, 21:13
I don't see much point in making a DC look like an Xbox, but, it obviously took a large amount of skill. I think it's pretty cool.

1stvinicius
September 25th, 2006, 02:59

You're welcome :D

(i just couldnt lose the oportunity)

CandieC
September 25th, 2006, 04:56
i think it looks awsome also being a big fan of both the xbox and dreamcast its pimp real pimp

pibs
September 25th, 2006, 05:25
its cool but im more of a new system looking retro kind of guy. like a gameboy faceplate for psp :D i would love thathttp://www.mxemu.com/img-news/yoshi.gif

btw yoshihiro should be ashamed for not mentioning pacmanfan in the new psx emu:mad:

sixtyten
September 27th, 2006, 06:04
You're welcome :D

(i just couldnt lose the oportunity)
hehe, I'm actually kinda surprised that no one did it before you.

BrooksyX
September 27th, 2006, 06:42
Now thats a pretty sweet psp!

matthewmcg
September 30th, 2006, 17:18
it looks disabled

VampDude
October 3rd, 2006, 02:04
woohoo this is my 100th post!

its cool but im more of a new system looking retro kind of guy. like a gameboy faceplate for psp :D i would love that
http://www.mxemu.com/img-news/yoshi.gif

btw yoshihiro should be ashamed for not mentioning pacmanfan in the new psx emu:mad

that GameBoy faceplate would'nt really work, cause theres more buttons on the psp than there is on the picture...
...unless someone was willing to only use their psp as a GameBoy (which I doubt cause it's stupid) lol

Vega
October 15th, 2006, 02:46
In my opinion... the Xbox DC looks cool. And I really dont see why people are getting mad over i.. its just some tuning. I personally woulnt change my dreamcast exterior, but if I had a spare one, I would consider it for the sake of it.
It looks good.

ramzak
October 15th, 2006, 20:29
my God, why is everybody geting sooo worked up on somthing that was probubly just for fun, dont get angry....its not affecting you. its just for looks, if they like doing that then let them.

donj
October 16th, 2006, 05:13
it would be handy when friends come around, so you nolonger need to pack it away in the cupboard..

Tetris999
October 16th, 2006, 05:21

dude this guy goes bad on everyone... no offense but whenever i say something he will make a remark about it

JKKDARK
October 16th, 2006, 05:23
dude this guy goes bad on everyone... no offense but whenever i say something he will make a remark about it
Because you are wrong ;)

Mourningstar
October 26th, 2006, 06:21
Id love to have a "XDCX"....looks great IMO...

After all DC is kinda Xbox Jr anyways. ;)

Smurph
October 26th, 2006, 14:16
Id love to have a "XDCX"....looks great IMO...

After all DC is kinda Xbox Sr anyways. ;)

Fixed.

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 23:42
SATURN SHELL (DreamCast inside a Saturn shell)

http://www.destructoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/alfalfa1.jpg

JKKDARK
December 11th, 2006, 00:14
lol it's nice :)

VampDude
December 11th, 2006, 02:58
lol it's nice :)

I know, I want one thou! :)

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 21st, 2006, 00:49
dude the mod is good because of heritage plain and simple. alot of the Xbox's inspiration came from the DC as we can c. syre its more powerful but im more powerful then my granddaddy now but i still get my looks and features from him. that psp is just bad though. a real step back. saturn loox nice. there were plenty of alternent sat shells in the day. the brazil-sega saturn is different too. and that starwars was great for a fan of the show, very well done.

mcvader
January 9th, 2007, 10:44
I personally think DC's are perfect as they are, X-Box's (in my opinion, just in case someone gets mad) look nasty.

You could probably put a gamecube and a dreamcast in an x-box shell.