PDA

View Full Version : Sony Survey: Does this Dress Make Me Look Innovative?

wraggster
September 23rd, 2006, 10:00
Via Kotaku: (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/survey/sony-survey-does-this-dress-make-me-look-innovative-202738.php)

This sort of makes me sad. I was randomly selected to participate in a Sony survey for the Playstation Portable. The questions read like something that comes up in the tailend of a really bad break up with a needy girlfriend.

I grabbed a couple of screenshots of the survey, just to highlight the thrust of the questionnaire. I found the third question to be quite interesting:

What statement best characterizes your opinion of Playstation overall (console & portable entertainment system) in terms of delivering a quality gaming experience?

*Playstation lags behind the competition in terms of gaming innovation.
*Playstation is no different than any other gaming manufacturer.
*Playstation is the technological leader in gaming innovations.

I kept expecting a question that read: Will you go to the dance with me?

*Yes
*No

Survey Screenshots Via Comments

b8a
September 23rd, 2006, 10:53
Hilarious take on the situation. I totally get it, but I think market surveyors always come off like needy/clingy/self-doubting girlfriends. Goes with the teritory. And just like a bad girlfriend, the only possible answers to their questions are often completely different from how you'd like to reply.

Don't doubt yourself PSP, I'd take you to the dance! Don't pay any attention to anyone else! That DS is just a sluty whore who lets anyone touch her! Your standards are just higher than that! (Gah, thankfully I don't have to talk this way to my PSP...)

Basil Zero
September 23rd, 2006, 15:17
lmao, nice one b8a,

anyways, i can understand why sony would do a survey, come on, their afraid that the ds might beat the psp completely. of course sony must be losing some screws if they dont know that

unknownwarrior33
September 23rd, 2006, 21:01
Er...Sony is needy and self-doubting, and with good reason. Few if any original ideas came from Sony. Motion-sensing controls were first done by Microsoft and Nintendo (each in different ways), GPS for a handheld was originally done on Gizmondo, using a camera for portable gaming came from Nintendo (anyone ever heard of Game Boy Camera?), using a console as a download device for a portable also came from Nintendo (they announced it for Wii and DS a while back), etc. I wouldn't mind so much if the people at SOny didn't act like they were geniuses.

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 21:27
I took that survey too. :P

Basil Zero
September 23rd, 2006, 23:00
where can u take that survey?

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 23:03
where can u take that survey?
They eMail you...

Yay! Post 4,000! :)

ACID