PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2006: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Hands-on

wraggster
September 23rd, 2006, 11:06
Heres an excerpt:

On display at both Sony and Konami's booths at the Tokyo Game Show 2006, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is on display for multiplayer hands-on. It's a short demo, allowing us to take a look at only one map from the game, but we were able to get a feel for how well the game will play on Sony's portable system that could.

The map itself is set outdoors and is based around a large, winding trench. Laying outside of this trench are a number of buildings, one of which you can climb and use as a sniper tower. It's a somewhat small map, but it's also laid out in a way that provides for plenty of cover and blocked off shootout opportunities. In other words, its size is deceiving.

Full article (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/734/734842p1.html)

PSPKOR
September 23rd, 2006, 11:58
In my opinion this will be the best game for PSP when it comes out, well this and GTA vice city stories. And that multiplayer sounds awsome.

JKKDARK
September 23rd, 2006, 14:58
One of the few great games for PSP..

psychadelicious
September 23rd, 2006, 15:14
Yes. I really cannot wait for this to come out. I'm really into the metal gear solid games and this would be a nice addition to the psp library. Lets just face it people, Metal Gear Acid was terrible and Kojima needs to satisfy his fans. Shit is gonna be fu ****in badasssssssss

emuking
September 23rd, 2006, 18:52
god one of the few good psp games worth owning i need to buy this game :D

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 23rd, 2006, 22:14
a must have game for all psp owners, no question need.it's just a very good game.

Cloud_35
September 23rd, 2006, 22:30
At last, something that makes us, PSP owners, to feel proud of (Well, that and LocoRoco):).

dejkirkby
September 23rd, 2006, 22:45
I'm gonna whoop Liquid Snake or Solidus Snake or Shalashaska or whoever ids the bad guy when this comes out. Hell, I'd whoop otacon to get hold of this bad boy!
I want this so much, I'm buying a new PSP so I can upgrade to play it!!!

F9zDark
September 23rd, 2006, 23:03
Wow, those are some amazing graphics for the PSP. I don't think I have seen a game quite that good looking.

Being an avid MGS fan, I must say, I am definately looking forward to this one. A far cry better than MGS Acid (fun in its own right, but tough to make the transition from real-time stealth combat to turn based card game).