PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2006: Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception Update

wraggster
September 23rd, 2006, 11:07
Heres an excerpt:

The latest build of Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception made an appearance on the TGS show floor today. It eclipses all previous versions thanks to updated visuals, content and refined gameaplay mechanics. The demo itself only showed three of the modes available, including Multiplayer, Free Play and Campaign. The latter actually had had three different missions for attendees to play.

Each starts with a mission briefing which lists enemy opposition and all locations of interest. This session looks almost exactly like the briefings used in the console versions, only here you can notice subtle variations such as new music and a graphical effects. Afterward, it's off to the hangar for aircraft and ordinance selection. While it remains unclear exactly how many craft will make it into the final game, the number should equal that of the console games. The same thing goes for weapons. You can expect all the missile and bomb types as before, with a few new ones added to the mix.

Full article (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/734/734843p1.html)

Veskgar
September 23rd, 2006, 16:07
I very much hope that the MULTIPLAYER modes include infrastructure. I'm sick of PSP games only having ad hoc.

I don't usually like these sort of games but I am looking forward to this with much anticipation. Also, WarHawk for the PS3 should be pretty sweet as well.

Poem58
September 23rd, 2006, 17:44
I could be wrong but I think I may have read somewhere that multiplayer may actually be infrastructure as well....even if not...I am anxiously awaiting this game.....

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 23rd, 2006, 22:11
can't wait...

F9zDark
September 23rd, 2006, 23:11
Man has Sony finally learned something? Looks like some good games coming down the pipe. And I too hope that multiplayer is infrastructure. Ad hoc is grand, if you work in a video game store and are friends with every PSP owner that walks in the door...

Or know someone with a PSP and the game. (My gamer friend just picked up a PSP about a month ago... yet didn't buy GTA:LCS...)

Infrastructure would also give the PSP a needed edge over the DS, since Sony could invest time and money into forming an online community centered around the PSP (call it, PSP Live! ;) ). But I guess that would be a smart idea...