PDA

View Full Version : TTR 0.6 Released *Kxploited as Always*

Freshmilk
September 23rd, 2006, 15:02
Hia again guys, and welcome to my newest release of TTR.

I know it hasn't been long since my lst release, but i had a barrage of comments and suggestions VIA PM, so i decided to make everyone happy and included every last one of their suggestions.

The new feature of 0.6 is difficulty levels, and a full new layout for the game to cut loading times and make the game more staright forward. Again, there is a one time intro message at the start to tell you some vital information about the game, so please read it as it will only ever display itself once.

I would also ike to extend a massive thank you to PSP_Bling, whom without the new graphics would be impossible. PSP_Bling has agreed to do the graphics for the game from now on, so we should expect to see some great art used in this game. I couldn't have done it without you, buddy - thanks so much for your help.

Okay, now that we're through with the basics, lets look at some screenshots or PSP_bling's work:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6204/snap0004zk6.jpg

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3622/snap0003td0.jpg

Nice, isn't it?

So, now that we've had a little intro and seen what the new graphics looks like, its time for a rundown of everything thats new to the game:

- 4 Difficulty Levels
- Whole new graphics overhaul
- A new look EBOOT, courtesy of PSP_Bling
- A new layout for the game
- Options

That may not seem like a long list of new features compared to other release, but these were hard to make. Just in case you were wondering, the options just makes things simpler, so if you load up the game you can play it staright away, no choosing terrains and such. The garage, Terrain Selector, and the new difficulty selector have all been drafted into the options, therefore making the game more efficient and crash less often.

Now... if you managed to read this far, i have a competetition going on for this game. There is an easter Egg hidden within the game - find it and do what i says for your chance to win 10,000 points, the winner will be decided at random, and no-one on the credits or who have ever been asociated with the game can enter. It ends of 31.09.06, so you better hurry up and find it...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Enjoy, but remember;
post you comments, they are always appreciated!

skate_3214
September 23rd, 2006, 15:05
Hope everyone enjoys the game, i enjoyed making the graphics :).

(Oh yeah im psp_bling i'm just know by this on other sites.)

Freshmilk
September 23rd, 2006, 15:06
just the clarify, that is psp bling, he is called Skate_3214 here

wraggster
September 23rd, 2006, 15:16
thanks for the news and release, uploaded to the forum now :)

jak66
September 23rd, 2006, 15:51
being in lua, it easy for people to cheat to find the easter egg, just a warning
typo time - intro movie thing, 5th screen bottom of pic 'have fun playing TTR v0.5' rather than v0.6

apart from that, its really good, improved a lot from last release i played (it was either 0.2 or 0.3)

Freshmilk
September 23rd, 2006, 17:04
good spotting, lol, missed that...

enjoy it :)

mr_nick666
September 23rd, 2006, 17:45
This looks great :D Nice work both of you! ;) Keep up the quality of improvments and this'll definately be a homebrew classic :p

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 17:47
Thank you guys! Oh yeah, thanks for kxploiting it to. ;)

Freshmilk
September 23rd, 2006, 20:04
Just makes things easier for coding it, as well as making it convienient for you guys. So its all round good.

M!ckeY
September 23rd, 2006, 20:22
thanks Freshmilk :)

Freshmilk
September 23rd, 2006, 21:54
no, thank you.
Thanks to all who downloaded and played my game, i hope you enjoyed it. I only made it because i like to make people smile, and this is an effective way of reaching more people around the earth.

Thats how i see it anyway :)

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 22:17
Damn you're so nice Freshmilk. :)

crackkills
September 23rd, 2006, 23:20
nice release, looks great

jeff_321
September 23rd, 2006, 23:55
is this only for 1.5

Freshmilk
September 24th, 2006, 00:28
no jeff, works for anything up to 2.71

Freshmilk
September 24th, 2006, 01:21
nice release, looks great

I liked that post, short and to the point.
That is a fine example of what a post should be, keep it up. lol.

Thanks for taking an intrest, it did take a lot of work...