PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lua (Dev.)

PSPKOR
September 23rd, 2006, 23:55
Hello there everyone i am going to be setting this up as my development thread for Bruce Lua. If you haven't played my game then give it a try at the link in my sig.

Things I want to get done, which I wil document in this thread as I go:
-Muiltiple enemys.
-Better game background
-Levels.
-Muiltiple characters to play as.
-Improve A.i.

So whats new?
Well since my last update(V.2) I haven't done a great deal, but what I have done is add a differant fighting style, which is Bruce using his most famous weapon Nunchakus. I have also added a bit better A.I.
Also now Briggzy11 should be helping me with some backgrounds, which will give me some time to do other stuff.

The main reason for setting this up, apart from wanting to keep people up to date is, for me to get comments and feedback. So if you have anything to say about it, anything you want to see new in it then ask.

mr_nick666
October 16th, 2006, 20:38
Hmm... How about various different weapons? :confused: Bruce was at least very proficient with virtually all fighting weapons :p You could add a destroy the cart bonus feature (like the destroy the car bit in Streetfighter II) :rolleyes:

PSPKOR
October 17th, 2006, 01:48
Cheers for the feedback mr_nick666. Yeah, like a staff, 3-section staff or 9 piece steel whip ect.

I was thinking of changing this to a 2D fighter (one on one), not too sure, what do people think.

Bruce Lee would still be the main focus, so maybe lots of old skool fung-fu characters.

------Edit-------
The reason for lack of updates on this recently is because I've started coding another game as well as this. So when I get a release out of my new game I'll come back to this for a bit.

PS- My 100th post, yeah!!!!!!!!!:)

mr_nick666
October 27th, 2006, 22:18
How hard would it be to have it as both? :confused: A walkie adventure 1 player bit and a 2 player kick arse bit :p It looks a runs great so whichever you choose its going to be sweet! ;) (add weapons! :o )

PSPKOR
October 28th, 2006, 16:08
Well I think now I may abandon my tank game I started to make as the collision is peeing me off:confused: , so that means i'll get back to this game now and maybe a release soonish.:)

mr_nick666 it wouldn't be too hard, but I need to get one done first so maybe when I have done it as a 2D fighter I may start to work on a bit for it making it a side scroller.

Zion
October 29th, 2006, 01:24
If you need help with collision man, just give me a shout :D

PSPKOR
November 26th, 2006, 01:33
OK, its been awhile since i've done alot to this game, because of college and stuff, but its comming on nice.

I attached three images of some of the main stuff i've done:
- The first is of Bruce Lee using his Nunchakus to smash Ryu in the face
- Second rounds have been added, best of three.
- Third is better A.I. and jumping for Ryu.

Also a bit more stuffs been done like all new in game backgrounds, done by me:D , theres in game music and some Bruce Lee sfx.

Thats all for now, I may release a V.3 in the next week or two with any luck.

Also if anyone reading this would like to help me out with the oppents sprites then post a reply here or PM me, as this is something I need for the game, i may try some myself but i'm not that good at gfx.

D0N
November 26th, 2006, 09:35
Looks brilliant! I could help you out with the sprites if you want me to :)

PSPKOR
November 26th, 2006, 12:06
Looks brilliant! I could help you out with the sprites if you want me to :)

Thanks, that would be great if you could. Well what I need is more characters, i would like some kung-fu masters in there for Bruce Lee to fight or something like that. If you do want to make any sprites then i'll send you the sprites I have for Ryu and you can base it on them(size and pos.).