PDA

View Full Version : DreamChess 0.1.0 Released!

BlueCrab
September 25th, 2006, 04:16
MrSiggler and Phantom (aka waltervn) have released version 0.1.0 of their multi-platform chess game DreamChess.

Here's the info from the project's website:

DreamChess is an open source chess game. Our primary target platforms are Linux, Windows, Dreamcast and BeOS. DreamChess features 3D OpenGL graphics and provides various chess board sets, ranging from classic wooden to flat figurines.
A moderately strong chess engine is included: Dreamer. However, should this engine be too weak for you, then you can use any other XBoard-compatible chess engine, including the popular Crafty and GNU Chess.
Other features include on-screen move lists using SAN notation, undo functionality, and savegames in PGN format. In future releases we plan to add support for time controls, audio, network play, more visual effects such as reflections and shadows, and 3D animated pieces.
We hope you enjoy the game!

You can download DreamChess, and its source code from its website: http://www.dreamchess.org/ .

You can also download it localy here (http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,64,349) from our dreacast download section ( files updated)

You can also see screenshots of it via comments, or the website linked above.

ron
September 25th, 2006, 12:25
Thank You very much for the release. Cool

qskint
September 25th, 2006, 12:32
very nice!

Darksaviour69
September 25th, 2006, 12:33
In future releases we plan to add support for time controls, audio, network play, more visual effects such as reflections and shadows, and 3D animated pieces.

oh interesting

JKKDARK
September 25th, 2006, 20:12
new version! it looks great :)

BudFern
September 26th, 2006, 01:08
Wow, very nice. I hearing a bit about it way back when. Looks sweet. I'll have to give it a try and see how tough the engine can be. Thanks for this release!

Dull Blade
September 26th, 2006, 04:18
Another quality Blue Crab release, I'll be sure to download.

fackue
September 26th, 2006, 18:15
Another quality Blue Crab release, I'll be sure to download.
BlueCrab did not make DreamChess. Phantom and MrSiggler did.