PDA

View Full Version : [NDS] SnezziDS v0.27 WIP3 Released

BelmontSlayer
September 25th, 2006, 10:01
Bubble2K (http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4128&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=375) has released a small update to his SNES emulator.

Here's what's new:
Fixed the glitch of snezzi.exe not reading the DAT file correctly.

Apparently, Crono Trigger is running near perfect with the "No Sound" version. :eek:

Download and Give Feedback and Compatibility Reports Via Comments

Öhr
September 25th, 2006, 10:24
near perfect? WOHOO!OOO!O!OO!"§O!"§O

Vortaka
September 25th, 2006, 13:51
Well, I tested Metroid and here are my conclusions... The game plays well (with sound; didn't test it without) except for the "background" bugs (but the project is coming up great!).

Either we can't save or it's my Supercard lite the trouble... One thing that could be added would be a "save state". It would be a great addition (in my opinion anyway).

One thing however (about Super Metroid) and it's surely about the back ground thingy... I cannot see the "you've got item box" or the intro text itself... But the game works! (But I don't wanna play 30 hours straigth so until saving/save state, let'sjust test!).

Great project by the way!

P.S. All the options/save states and everything could be added to the "down" window... It would be so cool! :) But please, finish the project as you see fit first! Later comes the cutie, cutie part, right?

Vortaka

fkhan
September 25th, 2006, 15:01
Well, I tested Metroid and here are my conclusions... The game plays well (with sound; didn't test it without) except for the "background" bugs (but the project is coming up great!).

Either we can't save or it's my Supercard lite the trouble... One thing that could be added would be a "save state". It would be a great addition (in my opinion anyway).

One thing however (about Super Metroid) and it's surely about the back ground thingy... I cannot see the "you've got item box" or the intro text itself... But the game works! (But I don't wanna play 30 hours straigth so until saving/save state, let'sjust test!).

Great project by the way!

P.S. All the options/save states and everything could be added to the "down" window... It would be so cool! :) But please, finish the project as you see fit first! Later comes the cutie, cutie part, right?

Vortaka

From what i have heard you need to your QPC method or whatever it's called to save.

You need .sav with the same name as the .nds converted file and quickly turn it off and then on, go to saver and write the sram to the .sav.

try it

Vortaka
September 25th, 2006, 16:03
From what i have heard you need to your QPC method or whatever it's called to save.

You need .sav with the same name as the .nds converted file and quickly turn it off and then on, go to saver and write the sram to the .sav.

try it

Alright!!! Thanks! I'll try that this evening... Oh, just a question... Do you need a specific file size .sav to start or a dummy (0kb) .sav will work?

Vortaka

fkhan
September 25th, 2006, 18:21
Alright!!! Thanks! I'll try that this evening... Oh, just a question... Do you need a specific file size .sav to start or a dummy (0kb) .sav will work?

Vortaka

I think .sav file someone was mentioning on pocketheaven forums was i think 64KB or something in the 60s.

DimensionT
September 25th, 2006, 18:59
Just load the game in Zsnes or Snes9X and export the SRAM data. It should make a .sav file either where the rom is located, or where the exe for the emulator is.

That's what I do and it works perfectly. Plus, that way you can just move the .sav file back and play on your comp while you're not on the road :).

ACID
September 25th, 2006, 19:54
Sweet great update , keep it up.

JKKDARK
September 25th, 2006, 20:08
nice release :)

The Hombrew Hunter
September 25th, 2006, 21:55
Secret of mana saves fine, and JKK, if you don't stop posting USELESS ONE LINES in ALMOST EVERY NEWS POST, you will be warned again.

You're just bringing up your post count.

sonikku88
September 26th, 2006, 00:20
I'm guessing MMP/D compatibilty is a no-go, as I have tried loading the snezzi.nds file with .nds games on my DS and nothing happens, just freezes.

Oh, and is there a reason why the .DAT file in the "sound" folder is 0KB and the one in the "nosound" is 7KB?

Arimasen
September 26th, 2006, 01:30
This program still doesnt work with my setup.

KeenCommander
September 26th, 2006, 21:40
Super Mario All-Stars works great. The black sky in SMB2 is still present, although other than that it is fully playable and all of the other games work great with the exception of some very minor layer related issues in SMB3.

Tested on an M3 SD.

My Site of Awesomeness (http://www.eternalwanderer.com)