PDA

View Full Version : Yamauchi on Gran Turismo PSP

wraggster
September 26th, 2006, 00:33
One of the most assured pieces of gaming vaporware may see release after all. Famitsu.com, reporting from the Tokyo Game Show, got confirmation from Gran Turismo series producer Kazunori Yamauchi that development on Gran Turismo for Boys is still underway. We haven't heard anything about this PS2-based kids oriented GT title since Yamauchi announced it over a year ago at a Gran Turismo 4 party, causing concern that Yamauchi had been drunk at the time.

Now on to another vaporware candidate, Gran Turismo 4 Mobile. Development on the PSP entry in the Gran Turismo series still seems to be under way. Said Yamauchi regarding this game, "We're of course considering PlayStation 3 and PSP connectivity, similar to how a PC connects with a cell phone. I still can't comment though."

So in addition to Gran Turismo HD (Japanese PS3 release in December) and Gran Turismo 5 (planned for PS3 release in 2008), keep Gran Turismo for Boys and Gran Turismo 4 Mobile on your release calendar.

Famitsu also scored commentary from Yamauchi on a variety of Gran Turismo topics. The producer joked that the upcoming GT HD download service would be like iTunes, referring to it as a GT Tunes. He also provided some relief for those worried about the expense of downloading cars and tracks for GT HD. Polyphony hopes to make content that has been downloaded for GT HD available for use in the next GT.

Yamauchi also explained some of the reasoning behind making car damage and advanced opponent AI available as downloads rather than as part of the December GT HD release. With online games, it's difficult to follow the current development practice of adding more and more features to a game prior to its release, explained Yamauchi. Instead, although as a developer it's difficult and feels a little strange, it's best to start service on something, no matter how small, and build it up with players.

If it means getting the next Gran Turismo title in a little over two months, you won't find us complaining.

Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/735/735035p1.html)

shrimpidy
September 26th, 2006, 00:50
Sick. I love Gran Turismo. I've put many hours and days and months into these games.

bosanova_x
September 26th, 2006, 00:54
gran turismo sucks balls!! as if there is gona be a gt release in december.

gran turismo suks,sorry to all the people who love it.

its my opinion.

danonano420
September 26th, 2006, 05:44
first off im drunk. secondly they need to hurry up and release this damn game, not that i bought the psp specifically for this but that there is crap out for it right now.

Video_freak
September 26th, 2006, 05:46
Nice!
This is on the PSP news site, but with the DS logo wraggster. Just lettin you know. ;)

ACID
September 26th, 2006, 14:18
I still dont like what there doing with this game. Even though i love the series. I think this one is not going places.