PDA

View Full Version : Pics: DS Lite Snapped in Half

wraggster
September 26th, 2006, 21:51
Via Kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/)

When I posted yesterday about my son's adventures in DS Lite breaking and the lecture and punishment I dished out just about everyone and his brother seemed to comment. Heck, even my brother commented. The thing is, I wrote the story on my train ride into work, and so I didn't have the photographic evidence of his misdeeds and the aftermath. So here you go.

The image above shows the DS Lite, slapped back together by your's truly. If you hit the jump you can see a close up of the now super janky right hinge and a picture of--oh, the horror--the DS Lite drawn and halfed, hanging by its wire while still playing Lego Star Wars II.

On closer inspection, I've since noticed that while the DS Lite is still very playable, it doesn't really close right.

Screenshots Via Comments

NoQuarter
September 26th, 2006, 21:58
Wow,that hurts me deep down.Kinda like the time I stepped on one of my psps, fortunetly I had the extended warranty :)

SSaxdude
September 26th, 2006, 21:58
Maybe if he put velcro on the back of both halves he could have the top screen attached to the bottom and it would be a new type of GBA.
Please don't get any ideas Nintendo.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 26th, 2006, 22:40
Wholey shizznet.

It's like my friend's SP, which mysteriously got a random liquid stain for no reason, and no longer works.

Tennisgy
September 27th, 2006, 00:13
same happened here
http://www.mariokart64.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1159049809

Video_freak
September 27th, 2006, 00:14
Hey, it still works though! :)

kcajblue
September 27th, 2006, 01:27
that sucks. but it is good that it still works. :D

firstknight
September 27th, 2006, 02:14
wonder you can get the casing or not.... jus replace it...

Lorestel
September 27th, 2006, 04:33
Those project shock cases should be out soon.

firstknight
September 27th, 2006, 04:45
ya thats the one.. cant wait...

kcajblue
September 27th, 2006, 05:13
the project shock shells look nice

ACID
September 27th, 2006, 15:55
Those project shock cases should be out soon.
I agree he should get one of there cases and problem solve. Then again he still has to wait for them to release them. Oh i want the clear :D