PDA

View Full Version : wraggster?

motormaniac
September 26th, 2006, 22:38
Hey wraggster,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I just had a suggestion. I think you need to come up w/ a new status like PSP Portal Maker or PSP Portal Coder or somthing like that, because for PSP Fanatics like me and many others that make Portals but not hombrew games need a status besides "PSP User". The Portal Coders Work Very Hard at what we do. and I really would apreciate a status Like the ones i suggested.

Thanks in Advance.
motormanaic

Zion
September 26th, 2006, 23:13
rofl, il ask him....btw its darksaviour who does the ranks not wraggy :D

motormaniac
September 26th, 2006, 23:22
Ok thanks for asking i wasnt sure who to contact, I decide not to PM because I thought no one would ever answer. Get back to me on it. LOL Thanks a ton

I really think this is a great idea LOL

Zion
September 27th, 2006, 00:07
no problem

Kaiser
September 27th, 2006, 00:11
Well there isn't really enough demand to warrent its own status yet, but I'm sure we could work something out if we get enough "Portal Coders" here at DCemu. Sort of how LUA coders became so numerous and gained their own status.

motormaniac
September 27th, 2006, 00:35
but the point is there are tons of people who make portals. and as for the name of the status im sure u guys can think of something way better, maybe u can have vote or somthing

motormaniac
September 28th, 2006, 00:00
Let me know when u talk to him

Zion
September 28th, 2006, 02:26
rofl, darksaviour and kaiser are in charge of that...

He gave you your answer :rolleyes:

ACID
September 28th, 2006, 02:33
Why are you so worried about a title if you do something great everybody will know you did it isnt that acomplishment enogh

PlagueMusic
September 28th, 2006, 03:42
just b/c your change your status doesn't mean your a better coder, or even a portal developer. personally who really uses portals?

kando
September 28th, 2006, 03:52
its a small token of appreciation from a forum, a sign of respect....

my 2 cents

stotheamuel
September 28th, 2006, 03:56
Why are you so worried about a title if you do something great everybody will know you did it isnt that acomplishment enogh

then change your dcemu weekly writers title.. lol :p

AtariFreek
September 28th, 2006, 03:57
ouch plaque, that hurts... also, I use portals if im bored. and im sure alot of people used them before the downgrader. Oh by the way, it's a good idea you didn't PM Wraggster. When i joined i Pmed Him about titles, and i have still yet to see a reply.

motormaniac
September 28th, 2006, 03:59
look i dont care what u guys think, i have my own thoughts and u guys heard them already, so y dont u guys get off my case about it.

Video_freak
September 28th, 2006, 03:59
Can I be the DCEmu Freak? :P

stotheamuel
September 28th, 2006, 04:01
Nah video freak you could be "sir spams a lot"... sorry to say it 0: )

Edit... sorry man! ... you definatly do help alot (way more than I do) ... but quite a bit it just makes me want to say... there are 12 unnecisary posts and 5 of them are helpful

I mean come on you post more frequently than anyone... 60 a day??

maybe you have an addiction to posting.... but hey no rough fealings... i love ya man

Video_freak
September 28th, 2006, 04:02
:(
So that means you too want me to leave...
Acidburn posts more than me....no one gives him shit...

stotheamuel
September 28th, 2006, 04:05
No i dont want you to leave.. at all

haha yeah man this is spam right now... Im spamming too.. but im saying you post soo much on every single thread that you are in every single conversation that is spam (im not saying you start it though Im saying youll reply to anything which is good most of the time..)

Video_freak
September 28th, 2006, 04:07
But you still call me a spammer? :confused:

motormaniac
September 28th, 2006, 04:11
its not that big of a deal i guess but steal i think its a great idea, once again stotheamuel comes to my rescue! thanks! :) and yes video freak u do stick yur nose in everyones buisness, 60 a day, that is alot. do u not have life?

quzar
September 28th, 2006, 04:35
This is why we don't allow users to ask for ranks. If we saw the need for 'portal coder' we would make such a rank, same for anything.

also, iirc, lua coder was made to keep them out of the private dev forum, wasn't it ? =P

kando
September 28th, 2006, 04:36
i post sometimes 20-40 a day, depending on the day.

he just cares more than others, or he has more free time.

either way, he is nothing but helpful, and is almost always there when someone needs something.

and when im around, i do the same. that how people of our nature function.

again i still think portal writers should get a title, again, it shows a little appreciation, and perhaps will motivate them to make even better ones knowing an entire forum recognizes them :)

Kaiser
September 28th, 2006, 05:22
This is why we don't allow users to ask for ranks. If we saw the need for 'portal coder' we would make such a rank, same for anything.

also, iirc, lua coder was made to keep them out of the private dev forum, wasn't it ? =P

More so to keep them ffrom posting garbage in the news forum. A lot of more mature LUA coders that we started to get to know have earned (and been given) the right to use them now though.

Anyways I'm going to close this thread since we've pretty much given our final answer to it. I'd also like to take this time to tell you guys if you ever need an Admin PM DS69 or myself. Wraggs is just so busy he doesn't have the time to answer PMs from you guys.:)