PDA

View Full Version : New Spark 360 and Trophies releases

wraggster
October 24th, 2011, 11:39
News via http://0xff.akop.org/2011/10/20/new-spark-360-and-trophies-releases/

Since the release of Trophies over a year ago, Spark 360 and Trophies have been completely standalone applications – yet for the last couple of months, I’ve been wanting to streamline their operation, to somehow allow the two to access each other’s data transparently, but securely. Today’s releases do just that – for those who have both Trophies and 360 installed, either application can manage the other’s accounts – view, add, edit, or delete them. To get most functionality, please make sure you have the latest versions of both – you can grab Spark 360 v4.00 and Spark Trophies v2.50 from Android Market.

Recent Xbox Live hacks
Joystiq and Ars have recently reported of a spate of Xbox Live hacks which revolve around stolen points, changed passwords, and, oddly enough, FIFA games. While I have no idea if these are related my earlier post, and no additional information seems to be available about the “FIFA” hacks, I would like to take this moment to mention again the importance of using good passwords and being wary of pirated software. The legitimate versions of Spark Trophies and Spark 360 do not funnel your account information – they communicate solely with PlayStation Network and Xbox Live, respectively, and are therefore about as secure as your phone’s web browser.