PDA

View Full Version : DS POD Project - Developers Wanted

wraggster
September 26th, 2006, 22:57
Aesthetic posted this news/request:

I'm a visual designer with a laughable programming background.

But I'll tell you what, I do love me the rumored touch screen Ipod. But, I am tired of waiting for it to happen.

In fact, I think I can do it better than them and I've realized that the DS is the perfect platform for my experiment. So what I'm looking to do is make a touch screen IPOD like mp3 player that will be insanely interactive, eye bogglingly 3d, and capable of wifi broadcasts.

I've attached some initial previz that I put together just to get the idea out of my brain and in a more tangible form:

http://www.newthesaur.us/DS/interface1.jpg
http://www.newthesaur.us/DS/interface2.jpg

or just visit the site I've put up:
http://www.newthesaur.us/DS/

Let me elaborate more on some of the features I see this app having (mind you these are just musings and could be taken out in the long run):

3D interface - so one thing that the DS has that the IPOD doesn't is 3D capablility, so using this to enhance the interaction and visual design will be a goal.

Innovative Interaction - this will be my primary contribution. Looking at interfaces beyond the scroll wheel. Since the interface is touch screen based this allows us to have a very dynamic context based gui.

Wifi Broadcast - I dream that a user will be able to walk into a cafe and see that there are three other users playing music in the cafe. From there they can listen to what each user in the cafe is listening to (if the other user has the setting activated). The user won't be able to download music but see song titles with which they can later go to track down the song perhaps on itunes music store to purchase.

These are just initial ideas and the final product will really depend on what the team is capable of pulling off. The scroll wheel is just to get my head around the idea and the final interaction will take full advantage of the limitless possibilities of touch screen interface.

So here's where you guys come in. I'm looking for some talented programmers to make this dream come true. If you are interested please pm me, email me ([email protected]) or get me on AIM (mrbagsays).

I hope to hear from you guys. I totally respect the homebrew community and want to be a greater part in what you guys do best - making great apps.

Michael

The Hombrew Hunter
September 26th, 2006, 23:45
If it works on Podcasts, I will LOVE you.

'At and .MV4.

Cap'n 1time
September 27th, 2006, 00:08
sounds like a brilliant idea.

Deburner
September 27th, 2006, 01:31
one word: playlists

firstknight
September 27th, 2006, 02:14
ya.. shuffle function and repeat function.. hehe.. eq??

superbeef
September 27th, 2006, 02:51
Sounds pretty sweet.

kcajblue
September 27th, 2006, 04:12
that sounds like a great idea!:D

ikarimaru
September 27th, 2006, 08:20
If I had any sort of DS Programming skills, I would definitely lend that talent... But since I don't, I just eagerly await the release. Good luck to you! It's a great idea! :)

CampaKaze
September 27th, 2006, 12:05
That would roooock! lol :P

Harshboy
September 27th, 2006, 21:34
If you get this working, that will be awsome!

nubbard
September 28th, 2006, 00:25
I will love you forever if you get it to work as well as you say it will. Podcasts would be awesome. Is it a possiblility to play protected files as well?