PDA

View Full Version : Thrillville Preview

wraggster
September 27th, 2006, 00:11
Heres an excerpt:

At first glance, Thrillville looks like Roller Coaster Tycoon for kids. The game is set in an amusement park and allows you to design, build, and manage rides, but at a more simplistic level than the more simulation heavy PC counterparts. Look at the game a little deeper and you'll notice a fundamental difference in the design of Thrillville; one that makes it more accessible to the console crowd. Rather than focusing on the sim aspects of putting together a theme park, Thrillville is designed around allowing you to actually partake in the fun of going to an amusement park.

The backstory to Thrillville is a straightforward one. Your uncle Mortimer has been injured and left you a theme park to manage. It's up to you to maintain the park and attract guests to stay one step ahead of the evil Globo-Joy Corporation that is your main competition. To do so, gamers will have to work through 150 missions, design and maintain a park, and keep tabs on what the demands of park goers are. The missions range from the simple introductory ones of designing or placing a ride on the ground to besting certain mini-game conditions.

Thrillville brings the action to the ground level. As the park manager, you'll have to go into the park and explore your property. Talking with guests will allow you to learn what sorts of things could be improved and present new challenges. Each guest will remember you and develop a relationship with you, so helping them out and meeting their needs will go a long way towards keeping them in your park spending their cash. Along with park goers to interact with, you'll also be able to recruit and train employees. Training happens through mini quests where you take control of the employee and show them the ropes. Cleaning up puke and garbage may not be the most glorious of jobs, but it's a necessary one for park upkeep and you'll probably want to keep your guests happy by securing someone to do the dirty work for you.

Full article at IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/735/735296p1.html)

psychadelicious
September 27th, 2006, 00:16
This is one of the games I will Pre Order.

PSmonkey
September 27th, 2006, 01:24
I'm really looking forward to this game. As an added bonus. this is developed by the same company that brought us RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 (the 3d one) so they know what they are doing.

motormaniac
September 27th, 2006, 01:28
i dont know, Ive never been into these kind of games, mayber ill try

sroon
September 27th, 2006, 04:05
Maan these tycoon games were more than video games to mee! thy require a lot of thinking power!
The only games i like to use my brain on iz Zelda, Golden Sun, tales, and Final Fantasy!
OH and Monk um what games are you making?
Gta VCS?. And should I expect anything else from u and yer great codeing skills?

( O ) ( O )

( O ) ( O )

masterpsp2.6
September 27th, 2006, 05:51
hell yeh

Neospy
September 27th, 2006, 22:30
Interesting that Frontier is working with Lucasarts on this one, instead of Atari. I hope it ends up being a great game :D.