PDA

View Full Version : PSP: my homebrew package for newbies and...oldies or in nicer terms experienced users

mesosade
September 27th, 2006, 17:07
for all those people who have just downgraded to 1.5 and are wandering what on earth you're gonna do now might be interested in my homebrew pack.
This'll install the following applications into the correct dir of your psp

plz note that you have to define where your psp is the installer.

This pack comes with:
gpsp: GBA emulator (GBA bios needed!)

PSPVICE: Commordore 64 emu!

IRSHELL: PSP SHELL PROGRAM

rin unofficial: Gb/Gbc emulator!

Smashgpsp: super smash bros remake!

DGEN: the Sega megadrive emu!

PSPM: master system and game gear emu!

Daedulus: n64 emulator!

snes9xtyl: snes emulator with media engine

Luaplayer: plays lua scripts apps and games!

psp-ftpd: an ftp server for your psp (zx-81's great work ;) )

CPS1: CPS1 capcom emulator (as suggested by mokoto)

CPS2: CPS2 capcom emulator (as suggested by mokoto)

PSpectrum: Spectrum emulator (as suggested by dejkirkby)

PSPUAE: Amiga emulator (as suggested by dejkirkby)

THEMEPSP: Edit firmware's in devhook (recommended for experienced users :D) (as suggested by dejkirkby)

X-FLASH: ...FOR EXPERIENCED USERS ONLY! IF YOU USE THIS WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE YOU CAN BRICK YOUR PSP!

IRIS 0.2 with the following mods:

star wars model pack

up high map

princess peach castle alpha map (guess who suggested to put in this? dejkirkby...thx :) )

PSPRADIO!: an radio for psp using wlan!

MAPTHIS!: a gps used with WLAN!

Scrabble Assistant: hehe i liked it :P

afkim: a messenger client for psp!

unzip: unzip files on your psp without a pc (great with links web browser)

links web browser: browse the internet without 2.6 firmware!

this takes up (i think) a whopping 140mb so you might want to be in possesion of a 256 mb mem stick BUT if not install to any folder you want and just put the files you only want into your psp manually.

the exe is 57mb to download

there nice and big lol

I WILL BE MAKING MORE PACKS AS MORE UPDATES COME OUT.

This has been the 'lemon' release expect 'lime' soon
(yes it's fruit i am random :D)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3OU8DPC5

I've just uploaded it should work :)

ACID
September 27th, 2006, 17:27
Now i havent downloaded this but did you make an .exe file for this

dejkirkby
September 27th, 2006, 17:27
I ain't a newbie, but seen as I helped a tiny bit I thought I'd better be the first to d/l and comment!

mesosade
September 27th, 2006, 17:28
used clickteam install creator free version :D coz i'm poor lol
tested it myself it works fine

ACID
September 27th, 2006, 17:31
Sorry i read trough everything and didnt see it cause i did see the . infront mi bad hey can you tell me how you went about for doing this i will like to make one for mi self of all mi apps. If you can pm me with some info i will greatly apreciated.

mesosade
September 27th, 2006, 17:31
sure

ACID
September 27th, 2006, 17:32
Thanks man

mesosade
September 27th, 2006, 19:24
awww yeah 300th post (celebration with a nice refreshing dr.pepper!)

splodger15
September 27th, 2006, 20:43
this is good to hear

danknugz
September 27th, 2006, 20:45
nice!
But the one thing in there that could brick a psp is xflash,- which you say you dont know what it is!?! maybe thats best left up to experienced users, so some dumbass wont waste his psp and blame you!
im just sayin...

splodger15
September 27th, 2006, 20:46
nice!
But the one thing in there that could brick a psp is xflash,- which you say you dont know what it is!?! maybe thats best left up to experienced users, so some dumbass wont waste his psp and blame you!
im just sayin...

true

S34MU5
September 27th, 2006, 21:12
nice!
im just sayin...
i agree
So could themePSP

Accordion
September 27th, 2006, 21:17
while this is a good idea...i wish you wouldnt make it an .exe! dont forget this community is not only for windows users!

Datahax
September 27th, 2006, 22:07
while this is a good idea...i wish you wouldnt make it an .exe! dont forget this community is not only for windows users!

Yea don't forget about the Linux users :P
*resists making a Mac joke*

Pumped'Up
September 27th, 2006, 23:14
several of those emulators i.e. GG/SMS, Nes, PCengine, etc. can be all replaced with one awesome program: e[mulator] by e

Hungry Horace
September 28th, 2006, 01:02
i dont know who dejkirkby is.... but if he's recommending pspectrum and pspuae... he's obviously a man of much sense!

i dont need this myself, but i hope it might encourage some more under-educated users as to just how good these systems are.

kudos to dejkirkby!! (who from seeing his avatar, i've realised i have seen about lately! respecto-mundo!)

carish
September 28th, 2006, 01:12
Good Job M Mesosade. :)

I suggest for your next pack to add pimp streamer, scummVM, and maybe Castaway (as you have already put pspuae in).

caseyhalone
September 28th, 2006, 01:53
ok, who broke megaupload?

Cloud_35
September 28th, 2006, 04:11
Good one!!! :)

kando
September 28th, 2006, 04:41
several of those emulators i.e. GG/SMS, Nes, PCengine, etc. can be all replaced with one awesome program: e[mulator] by e

imo the emulators for each individual one work much better than [e]mulator, except neo geo pocket of course...

for example, gameboy gets no color thru [e[mulator, whereas rin uses a kind of super game boy color scheme setup.

anyways this is an awsome release, imo i think you released it a bit prematurely, definatly could have added more wifi programs, applications like lua player and paint, wifi controller, callisto, and lots of other 1.50 exclusives.

perhaps a v2.0? :D *edit* the lime version i guess =p

pm me if u want a consultant for your next version ;)

pibs
September 28th, 2006, 05:05
Nice idea of making packets, saves me a bunch of time when installing emu's on my friend's psp's :) thnx a bunch

SuckerPunch
September 28th, 2006, 06:22
awesome idea. I wish something like this was out two months ago. Would've saved me a bunch of time.

A couple of suggestions...

Make sure you have a very nice polished looking icon and background (and maybe even music) for each homebrew you include and make sure the corrupt files are hidden. For my own psp, I went through various PSP wallpaper sites and found great wallpaper that reflected my homebrew well, and I resized some of them to be icon size and the rest to 480x272 and used them as my icon and background. It took time but the satisfaction of having your homebrew folder be very neat and clean looking is worth it.

I can email you the custom eboots from the % folders for all my homebrew apps if you would like. And you can hide the corrupt icons by using PSPBrew (google it). You can browse through my eboots with PSPBrew too. Just PM me your email address.

Perhaps you could do a lite version with just the most polished complete perfect games and emulators and the most essential apps...

For example, sadly, the majority of people don't have much interest in the commodre emulator. Every one is interested in the Genesis, Snes, GBA and N64 emulators though.

A lot of games and programs are incomplete. Many games are still early and flawed and have few levels only, the lite version could just have those games that have many levels, look very polished, and are bug free.

In addition to Irshell, don't forget about the must have apps like Devhook and Divx Player.

mr_nick666
September 28th, 2006, 09:08
Sorry i read trough everything and didnt see it cause i did see the . infront mi bad hey can you tell me how you went about for doing this i will like to make one for mi self of all mi apps. If you can pm me with some info i will greatly apreciated.

Im interested in how you did this too if you've got the time :p

Great idea :D

dejkirkby
September 28th, 2006, 11:01
Thanks for the kudos, Hungry Horace! it is appreciated.

With regards to the Theme PSP and X-Flash. The reason I suggested it was not to "brick" some PSP's but more to help people to customise their PSP. This is usually one of the first things new 1.5 soldiers wanna do!

razorak
September 28th, 2006, 13:17
though they want to use devhook instead of really flashing since via devhook there's no risk of bricking since it's on the ms

mesosade
September 28th, 2006, 16:02
wow thx for all the compliments i've taken all these things into account and now working on the 'sourlime' package. this should have more goodies and actuall tutorials for every program! this may be a lot ,onger to release but i'll keep y'all posted!

dejkirkby
September 28th, 2006, 16:31
I think this is FANTABULOUS!

mesosade
September 28th, 2006, 17:28
it looks like my words have already infected ppls minds :D

mesosade
September 28th, 2006, 17:58
should i include gamesaves?

dejkirkby
September 28th, 2006, 18:10
NO!! that negates the point of people playing the games. If they really can't finish the games themselves, they can find the gamesaves. That's the smartest way to do it from an old-er-ly-ish person.

mesosade
September 28th, 2006, 18:37
ok lol

nickgundara
September 30th, 2006, 07:38
I downloaded this and tried to run CPS2 with a Rom and it doesnt work. Im getting "ERROR: File not found or CRC32 not correct" I had created a ROM folder and added my roms to it.

Any thoughts?

shaunix
October 1st, 2006, 11:04
nice pack

casho
October 3rd, 2006, 10:21
Nice...and just after downgrading my 2.70 PSP. Just in time. Speccy here we come. Now for a PS3 emu!!!;)

mesosade
February 16th, 2007, 08:13
Nice...and just after downgrading my 2.70 PSP. Just in time. Speccy here we come. Now for a PS3 emu!!!;)

eh heh heh heh NO :P ps3 emu? i hope to live till then. anyways thanks.