PDA

View Full Version : Sega Saturn

krowstrife
July 24th, 2004, 15:26
any one play sega saturn
i thinks a great system

Hola
July 24th, 2004, 15:50
Yeah its a pretty good system but it just couldnt compare to PSX because it died to early and died with such a small liberary even with imports.

Alexvrb
July 24th, 2004, 17:05
It's a great system, with a good amount of quality games. It stood toe to toe with PSX in Japan for quite some time. But outside Japan, it didn't do nearly so well.

Hola
July 24th, 2004, 17:08
That's because none of the games that made it compete with PSX came out anywhere becides Japan. I could of done better if people would of brought more games to the USA.

wraggster
July 24th, 2004, 17:18
yeah i had a saturn the moment they came to the UK, daytona for me was a great racing game :)

quzar
July 24th, 2004, 17:27
People actually still play the netlink games online.

krowstrife
July 24th, 2004, 21:13
sega saturn is techinically more powerful than the ps, but it is hard to program for 2 processors but is my fav system
it is way better than ps imo it has better games

fighters megamixs is so cool

DemoniusX
July 24th, 2004, 23:17
I like saturn better than PSX and always will.

krowstrife
July 25th, 2004, 00:47
what games to you games like to play?

Hola
July 25th, 2004, 01:31
Saturn really lacks true rpgs and that makes it hard to compete with any system cause rpgs are the #1 sellers of the moment and pretty much rpgs have been popular ever since snes.

quzar
July 25th, 2004, 02:10
Saturn had plenty of RPGs.

Grandia, Lunar, Sam Sho RPG, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Wisdom, Dark Savior, Magic Knight Rayearth, Blazing Heroes, Legend of Oasis, Albert Odyssey, Black Matrix, Chaos Seed, Dragon Force, Dungeon Master, Farland Saga, Langrisser, Solo Crisis... etc.

The list keeps on going. Most of those are very well regarded too.

Eric
July 25th, 2004, 04:00
How many of those were released in North America. I never got to play saturn i hope that saturn on dc is playable cuase it will be my first time playing it.

quzar
July 25th, 2004, 05:07
6 or 7 of the ones i mentioned were, if you count the ones where i only named the series instead of the individual games.

Hola
July 25th, 2004, 05:30
Saturn had plenty of RPGs.

Grandia, Lunar, Sam Sho RPG, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Wisdom, Dark Savior, Magic Knight Rayearth, Blazing Heroes, Legend of Oasis, Albert Odyssey, Black Matrix, Chaos Seed, Dragon Force, Dungeon Master, Farland Saga, Langrisser, Solo Crisis... etc.

The list keeps on going. Most of those are very well regarded too.
lets see how many of those I dont count.
Shining force is a no as its a tactics game.
Shining Wisdom is action rpg
Dark Savior sucks.
Rayearth is action
Blazing is action
Legend sucks and is action
Black matrix is tactics
Dragon force 1 & 2 are stad games
Lunar came out for PSX also
Grandia also for PSX

quzar
July 25th, 2004, 05:43
Just because you dont count them dosnt mean they dont exist.

Also, Lunar for the PSX is horrible compared to the Saturn version. Especially if you have the MPEG special edition with the vcd card in the Saturn.