PDA

View Full Version : Recruting Coders, and 2D - 3D artists!

jman420
September 28th, 2006, 08:32
Hello all, I am Jman420, and I am on a mission to build the first Survival Horror game for PSP.

But, I can't do it all on my own. I need some more people to help this dream, become a reality.

There is currently 2 3D artists, and 1 Programmer, but it would help a lot if some other people joined to help us out with anything. The whole project could take years for us 3 to do. But if there were more help, it could take months :D

The whole thing is currently modeled in 3D Studio Max, but as the backgrounds are pre-rendered, any 3D modeling software users can help.

I am looking for people to help with level design, mesh design for detail objects, and character modeling.

and for the Coding aspect, there is currently 1 person working on programming the intire game, so anyone with skill in C or C++ programming could be of vast assistance..

I have a lot of information about the game, and its plan, but I dont feal like typing it all again, so I will link to my GSHC thread :D
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=121900#post121900

If anyone at all would be interested, please PM me, or contact me via Email, Yahoo, or MSN.
I would like some examples of what people have done in the past. But even if your new in 3D modeling. I would still like to have other people on the project.

mbr7
September 28th, 2006, 13:00
I am a Lua coader sorry donth think i could help you with any of the codeing progress but i am skilled at Adobe photoshop I could try to help with level design and backgrounds and stuff..

Zion
September 28th, 2006, 13:20
hmm mabye in a month or so jman, once ive finished off a few of my own c/c++ projects :D

jman420
September 29th, 2006, 05:31
alright cool guys.. I dont think that level backdrops will work from photoshop. but possably menu-items?

And thanks Zion, if you'd want to help after you get your own stuff done, that would still be helpful :D

PSPKOR
September 29th, 2006, 11:07
If theres anything that I can do to help I would be more than happy to. But not to sure what I could do as I know a little coding in LUA and should be learning a bit of C/C++ at college soon, and don't realy know mutch about 3D modeling unless its like CAD then I could help. But if you think I can help with anything just say.

HardHat
September 29th, 2006, 15:13
Well, if you're strong in Lua, the AIs for the enemies will probably be done in Lua. So there are chances to help there for sure. So especially if you've modded behaviours on other 3D games: Quake, Unreal, Neverwinter nights, etc. you could be a big help.

jman420
September 29th, 2006, 18:13
what he ^ said lol

ninja9393
September 29th, 2006, 22:18
when i am better at c/c++ i will help

PSPKOR
September 30th, 2006, 16:39
OK, see what I can do about some A.I., I'll get back to you if I get anywhere with it.

jman420
October 11th, 2006, 07:37
BUMP'd!

ninja66
March 7th, 2009, 23:40
loveto help but don't know lua c c++ too well but if anyone has a free 3d program id' love to help
pm me

lorddeathmark
June 10th, 2009, 20:24
i have an excellent 2D artist who would love to work on a game. give me a buzz here and i'll get you her info and sample work.

zxxxy18
June 16th, 2009, 11:08
pitty. i can only do c++ programs with switches for my os x but if i lern it ill help u =D.