PDA

View Full Version : Update/ downdate

Project.funky
September 28th, 2006, 13:37
I was just wondering..

if the psp V2.8, doesnt have kernal mode, witch means a downdater isn't possible, then how on earth is the update going update because doesn't that have to accsess the flash0?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

razorak
September 28th, 2006, 13:40
all psps have kernel mode, it's a matter of whether homebrew coders have access to kernel mode. Sony has it since they have the encryption codes and all the others codes for the security stuff they chunked into the psp with each upgrade.

Project.funky
September 28th, 2006, 13:41
thanks, but what does it mean when people say the 2.8 and 2.81 and been decrypted

razorak
September 28th, 2006, 13:55
not too sure either :p

bullhead
September 28th, 2006, 14:08
I think it means that the flash 0 and flash 1 files can be accessed...

AtariFreek
September 28th, 2006, 14:32
It means that the update has been broken downm
and opened, allowing for acces to the flash. It's what DevHook uses to emulate firmware (I Think)

Project.funky
September 28th, 2006, 15:21
if you could modify a firmware update into allowing flash0 acsess beofre its installed on the psp wouldnt that allow kernal mode?

Eonstar
September 28th, 2006, 15:30
You could'nt the encrytion key would be corrupted and it will come up as corrupted data on the PSP

Project.funky
September 28th, 2006, 15:34
why's that?

jak66
September 28th, 2006, 16:28
sony encripts every update eboot they make so it can be run, which is why update eboots work and homebrew eboots dont, if you try to modify the data, then the encription can detect that the data is different to what it should be so it becomes corrupt
when an update is decripted the files for the firmware are decompressed from the data.pspr file in the update, doing this allows the firmware to be run through devhook, making your psp think its a different firmware

benh
September 28th, 2006, 17:17
We have partial kernal access on 2.80 becasue we can access and write to the flash1/ but we can only copy stuff from the flash0/ we cant write to the flash0. This can be done using freeplays port of file assistant, Hopefully we will soon have full kernal access to the flash0 like we do with the flash1.

Project.funky
September 28th, 2006, 18:07
how will you have kernal access though....via a differant exploit?

benh
September 28th, 2006, 20:31
we will hopefully have flash0 access (full kernal access) soon via the same expliot but its just a matter of getting round the security blocks

jak66
September 28th, 2006, 20:36
it wornt be same exploit benh, never is, but hopefully same results, being full kernal access. the best person to ask this sort of question would be a proper psp hacker like ookm or 'teh noobz' (thats fanjita and diltew btw)

benh
September 28th, 2006, 20:40
it will be via the same exploit because someone is working on a 2.80 downgrader as we speak and it will use the tiff exploit, also i belive fanjita is working on kernal access for his 2.80 e-loader via the tiff exploit

jak66
September 28th, 2006, 20:42
oh, yes, same tiff exploit, but not same kernal exploit (thought u were on about kernal exploit) sorry for confusion

benh
September 28th, 2006, 20:44
oh i see now, yeah it probably will be different kernal access exploit

Project.funky
September 29th, 2006, 16:54
it will be via the same exploit because someone is working on a 2.80 downgrader as we speak and it will use the tiff exploit, also i belive fanjita is working on kernal access for his 2.80 e-loader via the tiff exploit

:eek: :eek: :eek: YEAHHHHHH :D :D :D :D

did that thread you started called "that interesting" end up triggering the downgrader?

benh
September 29th, 2006, 22:33
no that thread thats interesting did not start of a 2.80 downgrader, people have been working on 2.80 downgrader since the tiff exploit was annonced!

Project.funky
September 30th, 2006, 11:34
:eek: :eek:

where'd you find this stuff out, or is it just obvious that it is being done?

benh
September 30th, 2006, 22:48
I just look all over the place different psp sites, different forums, different ircs plus it has been mentioned when the 2.71 downgrader was released! and i no about the exploits and stuff etc is becasue i do a bit of hacking, i mess around with the flash memory and stuff.

btw im a big lost fan two

Project.funky
October 1st, 2006, 11:06
LOST IS AWSOME, season 3 starts i think its 4 days over in america:D :D

well i thought this forum had it all :eek: