PDA

View Full Version : Site News

wraggster
March 21st, 2004, 12:13
Just in case you have found here by accident or whatever, this site is not officially open till Easter 2004, but saying that ive already done 90% of the emulator pages and theres much more to come as we start building the site, im gonna open the site when i think its good and ready and make an impact straight away.[br][br]

xboxlord
March 21st, 2004, 14:26
Ok :)

Darksaviour69
March 30th, 2004, 16:37
when i found this site i thought "where the hell did this come from! has this site been here all these years!" *;)

btw great i'm the 13th member! *??? lucky me

wraggster
March 30th, 2004, 20:13
well its all hush hush but im impressed by you finding it, and if you wanna join the team (and a team where we all pretty much equal) then id be really happy to have you with us.

Theres actually a newer design being worked on as wespeak :)

and its damn cool

xboxlord
March 30th, 2004, 20:18
I am the official owner of xboxland.com it will be up in a week or 2. I have looked at my control panel, I can create invision and phpbb forums within the click of a finger, not YAbb although invision is my best forums. I have allready added xbox evolution to my buttons area. :)

Darksaviour69
March 30th, 2004, 20:40
i was looking throught the CSV network and was a link from the ps2 site saying "DCemu.co.uk"

and i thought DCemulation also has dcemu.co.uk as a name? i clicked the link and.... well you know the rest [cheesy laugh]

if you don't host utopia or any hacked/legal bowsers, then i would love to help. i do all the news posting at boob.co.uk, we could kill 2 birds with one stone! ;D

wraggster
March 30th, 2004, 20:49
Well i will tell you why i set the site up firstly :)

1) theres no Dreamcast site that has every emu and uptodate as well.
2) this site will be like no other site but a friend of all and we will most certainly host nothing illegal.
3) i want to push the dreamcast scene more into the mainstream and with my contacts and being hosted by the great emu64 network we can do that.

I want a friendly site where people can come and chat and enjoy themselves, no site rivalrys are needed.

erm im tired but you get what i mean im sure :)

Ive got more energy than most and i hope that i can get on well with most people and ill guarentee that this site will flourish, wait till you see the new design :)

wraggster
March 30th, 2004, 20:50
Ill add your links to my xbox sites too Xbox Lord :)

Darksaviour69
March 30th, 2004, 20:56
i agree with points 1,2 and 3 *;D

but is the name DCemu, not going to cause trouble, some might suggest your stealing dcemu.com image
+ will u be covering homebrew as well?

wraggster
March 30th, 2004, 21:11
well it was the only decent domain name i could get :)

and we are gonna be called DCEmu.co.uk because the main staff are from the UK although we will be a worldwide site. and yes we will cover the whole dreamcast scene :)

xboxlord
March 30th, 2004, 21:22
I can give xboxevolution a sub domain,

www.xboxevolution.xboxland.com?

Im not sure what you would want it to be, you could even have a redirect instead,

www.xboxland.com/xboxevolution

but I think a subdomain is better. :)

Darksaviour69
March 31st, 2004, 16:54
so i'm I in the team? ::)

wraggster
March 31st, 2004, 17:40
yeah if you want to be :)

ill get lyonhrt to add you to the staff forum as im crap at the adding side of things :)

LyonHrt
March 31st, 2004, 20:27
Ok hopefully you can see the staff forum, i'll give you a proper position later on

xboxlord
March 31st, 2004, 21:07
Hay Wraggster,

my site forums are up

www.xboxland.com/forums

Like i told you a while ago, i have made it in Invision board with a few modifycations.

wraggster
March 31st, 2004, 23:04
Forums look nice,

Do you reckon that White Text would be better to use instead of green as it might show up more?

keep up the good work :)

HamDude
April 1st, 2004, 07:14
Wow, so finding this place is somthing hard? I just got bored and went looking on the internet just a few minits ago and found it... :D, If there is n e way i could be on the team i would be glad to help..

Ian_micheal
April 1st, 2004, 22:39
Im part of the ngemu network as well i find them the best for that sort of thing i hope this site will be the same.

Im open to being part of the team..

WHurricane16
April 1st, 2004, 23:45
I think this is going to work out nicely ;)

Ian_micheal
April 1st, 2004, 23:49
hi mate Nice to see you here.. ;D

WHurricane16
April 2nd, 2004, 03:10
I'm member #3 ;D

Skyhawk
April 2nd, 2004, 13:27
Hello all. I had some arguments against this site in the beginning (see the dcevo staff forum) but seeing how things evolve I deciced to join and support you all. And feel free to use (deep)links and info from the DC Emulation Knowledge Base (http://dckb.dcevo.com/). If you want any help, just ask.

wraggster
April 2nd, 2004, 17:22
HI captain, :)

This site will be as much help to dcevo and the knowledge base and vice versa i would expect, because of bandwidth issues most sites couldnt afford the costs and im being very honest in saying that if you can get great hosting for free on the best emulation network in the scene you would take it :)

When you see the new look and the pages to go with it youll be gobsmacked and i hope that(nah i know) this site will change for the better the dreamcast scene and hopefully stand aside those sites that are respectedeverywhere.

any help is gratiously (can i spell rubbish or what) recieved.

also any ideas that you would like to see, maybe a new way of doing things, this should be a good test bed.

IM hoping DCEvo will release daily scummvm images :)

then i can post news and promote the great site that it is.

meiscool
July 14th, 2004, 08:47
this now my favourite site

thanks for all you have done