PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: PS3 Connect and PSP Connectivity Tidbits

wraggster
September 28th, 2006, 18:11
Via Kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/rumor-ps3-connect--and-psp-connectivity-tidbits-203870.php)

An EB Games employee sends word that the company, in conjunction with Sony, has launched a training website that is meant to get their sales people up to speed on all the Playstation 3 has to offer.

Most of the information on the site is already known, but there are a few tid-bits of note. First the page has this to say about PSP connectivity with the PS3:

The HDD will become a storage space for the massive amounts of media you will be sharing with your PSP (movies, music, TV shows, game content.).
That's right, they list TV shows, music and movies, which has me hoping that the PS3 will have the ability to stream television, music and movies directly to your PSP live over WiFi. That would be sooooo sweet.

There's also a bit on the site about Sony's online service for the PS3. Something we know next to nothing about.

Unfortunately, the information is presented in a laundry list. Instead of trying to figure it out and risk getting it wrong, I'm just going to present it here.

_PS3 ONLINE_ • *Communication/Community:* • *Voice/Video Chat* • *Messaging* • *Lobby/Matchmaking* • *Score/Ranking* • *Friend List/Avatar* • *Game data upload/download
• *Commerce: *
• *Shop (accessible from inside games)*
• *Content download*
• *Micro payment*
• *Subscription*
• *Entitlement (user access rights) management

A couple of things pop out to me. It sounds like it's going to offer just about everything that the Xbox 360's Live offers, though it's not clear what the interface will be like. I'm not too happy about that word subscription in that second batch of descriptors. And why are they calling Entitilements "user access rights"? I thought they were supposed to be like achievments, or did I miss something?

Well Sony only has a month and a half left to explain PSP conncectivity and PS3 online to us. I expect the info to hit something in the next few weeks.

erix2006
September 28th, 2006, 18:18
1st!! Yeaa cool.. :)

S34MU5
September 28th, 2006, 18:33
C@@L <<haha its like ebay

blackrave
September 28th, 2006, 18:52
Cool.
I'm looking forward to see how Sony will do it. They might only have 1 1/2 month left before release in the US and Japan, but since it will launch in March in Europe, they might fix some more stuff for that one (although they will make firmware upgrades as well).

JD/
September 28th, 2006, 20:17
those little pieces of subtext look worrying but I think sony will eplain what the online service does that voice/video chat looks interesting hell so does all the stuff on there :D

@erix2006: Im not gonna be harsh since your a newbie but we dont do that first post crap on this website please dont do that here its not clever and doesnt make you look kool add something constructivve to your posts you can do that kind of stuff at QJ

dmac
September 28th, 2006, 21:02
The TV shows will probably be pay to download, but hopefully not.

IndianCheese
September 28th, 2006, 21:05
El oh el. Would Sony really add streaming TV? That would just make them lose sales on locayfre boxes.

erix2006
September 28th, 2006, 22:12
JD/ We do this kind of stuff on russian websites And its pretty cool. And i m not from QJ. :p
dcemu.co.uk ROOOCKS :D :D

erix2006
September 28th, 2006, 22:15
And That I am new on this website doesn`t mean I am Newbie on other web site. :P :)

Video_freak
September 29th, 2006, 00:23
Ok, erix, there are a couple rules. Don't double post, there is an "edit" button for that. Also, don't put stupid stuff like "1st post zOMG YAY!" or w/e.

Back on topic, if the PS3 can work as the base station to stream videos to my PSP, then I will yet again reconsider buying it... :)

consoul
September 29th, 2006, 01:48
Entitlements aren't going to be like achievements.

Here's my take (http://consoul.blogspot.com/2006/09/new-used-are-you-entitled.html) on what entitlements are really about, based on one of Sony's patents.

F9zDark
September 29th, 2006, 05:58
Hmm... On one hand, that sounds like a terrible idea. But on the other, it sounds decent. I mean, its ridiculous to buy a game for 50 dollars, trade it in for 20 and then see it back on the self for 45 dollars.

So long as the second user of said game doesn't get shafted to hell, it doesn't seem like a bad idea. Now, if I were to buy a used game from EB games for 40 dollars and then have to shell out 40 dollars online on the PS3, then to hell with that shit.

But if points can be used to register a new game to my account and points being awarded on a regular basis (maybe the occasional 20 bucks for 200 points here and there) then thats fine with me, so long as games fit into the realm of 50 points.