PDA

View Full Version : Fake DS Spotted

wraggster
September 28th, 2006, 18:40
Via the comments is a screenshot of a fake DS that looks just like the real thing, i wonder if anyone has ever been fooled into buying fakes thinking the were getting a legit DS ?

Screen Via Comments

Kramer
September 28th, 2006, 18:46
lol that's the best fake so far i reckon that would trick alot of parents and grandparents imagine opening that up on xmas day

erix2006
September 28th, 2006, 18:47
I fu***** Hate those fakes!! Has any1 seen the pop station( psp0 rip off ... you tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9zE0Eii-F8 HEhe probably made in China...

erix2006
September 28th, 2006, 18:50
You can see that this NE double games costs: 12.90 :D :D :D

ExcruciationX
September 28th, 2006, 19:04
The video is funny! I didn't know that the british used the word "crap"! :D

ExcruciationX
September 28th, 2006, 19:20
A funny review for it (By the same guy that did the Pop Station review)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow9SHsnFG2U&NR"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow9SHsnFG2U&NR

Payk
September 28th, 2006, 19:57
Not all fakes are bad...think about the Treamcast which is quite cool

ACID
September 28th, 2006, 20:03
Seen it many times on ebay actually bought one for like 10usd now my 2 y/o thinks he has a nds also and doesnt cry worth everypenny for what he uses it for.

Kramer
September 28th, 2006, 20:08
Seen it many times on ebay actually bought one for like 10usd now my 2 y/o thinks he has a nds also and doesnt cry worth everypenny for what he uses it for.

lol you actually bought it. do both screens work? just wondering.

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 20:21
hey Acidburn was the screen the same game like in the video lol, this is old news btw i saw this maybe a month and a half ago

Junixx
September 28th, 2006, 21:24
hey Acidburn was the screen the same game like in the video lol, this is old news btw i saw this maybe a month and a half ago

I also saw this thing a while back, the review was funny though

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 21:30
I also saw this thing a while back, the review was funny though
yeh it was, all the protection gear lmao...those reveiws got me sayin bloody alot :p

kcajblue
September 28th, 2006, 22:38
I also saw this thing a while back, the review was funny thoughyeah. i also seen this awhile back. it was funny how the guy had to prepare before reviewing it.

acn010
September 28th, 2006, 22:42
another opy, whats wrong in this world?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Video_freak
September 29th, 2006, 00:08
That fake look smore real than the real one! :eek:

Shadowblind
September 29th, 2006, 00:34
Thats been out for a while now, and the video reveiws are hilarious :). Sad part is, these consoles are made by underpaid child laborors in chinese sweatshops who get 2 cents for every 500 consoles they sell.

Vegetable
September 29th, 2006, 00:59
This is almost a year old, and it hardly looks like a real system.

firstknight
September 29th, 2006, 02:29
check out the you tube.. you wll see how it works.. hehe.. really strange.. very retro screens.. hehe

girardsummer
September 29th, 2006, 03:06
I'd like to see this guy review the Max Media Player. Now THERE'S something to laugh at.....................

...........yes I bought one.

ExcruciationX
September 29th, 2006, 04:47
Sad part is, these consoles are made by underpaid child laborors in chinese sweatshops who get 2 cents for every 500 consoles they sell.
So don't buy them!

BL4Z3D247
September 29th, 2006, 04:53
So don't buy them!
i'm pretty sure noone(with the exception of Acidburn :p) on this site would buy any of these so-called "consoles", maybe a grandmother or someone that has no idea what a psp/ds/ect. really looks like...please correct me if i'm wrong

kcajblue
September 29th, 2006, 05:21
yeah. the only people who would buy this is a person who has never heard of the DS.

pibs
September 29th, 2006, 05:25
holy smokes only if they would of invented this when i was like 3years old... then i would of bought it but now hellz na

does it have backlit feature? hahaha

kcajblue
September 29th, 2006, 05:27
the funniest thing about it is the way to change games.

ACID
September 29th, 2006, 05:30
lol you actually bought it. do both screens work? just wondering.
No just the one but its good for a 2 y/o

Actually i bought this like at the biggining of the year.:)

Video_freak
September 29th, 2006, 05:38
Are you overall satisfied?! :P

stotheamuel
September 29th, 2006, 05:47
I have 16 of these... i give the 15 to my friends.. we play wifi with it on its dual 2048 x 1536 (qxga) resolution screens... And dont get me started on how many emulators this thing has... but my favorite is the saturn emulator on it... :D

kcajblue
September 29th, 2006, 05:50
OMG!!! no one told me it had wifi support with up to 16 players at once!!! :eek:

ACID
September 29th, 2006, 06:22
Are you overall satisfied?! :P
Yes i am my friend. Because my kid thinks its the real deal and his just 2. But when i get mi pokemon one i will let him have mi white one just cause.:D

SwordOfZork
September 29th, 2006, 07:02
Very old, and most certainly does NOT look "just like" a DS.

CrackA
September 29th, 2006, 11:54
does it play pokemon?

:p

Darksaviour69
September 29th, 2006, 12:02
Not all fakes are bad...think about the Treamcast which is quite cool

thats not really a fake, its a moded Dreamcast, it can play all the dreamcast games

CrackA
September 29th, 2006, 17:03
whereas this one cant

FranckKnight
September 29th, 2006, 17:07
The problem is not exactly in how they sell fakes, since its nowhere near the price of the real thing. Its how its badly advertised.

I've seen websites about different 'emules' of popular systems, like the GTA, a GBA clone. It doesn't play GBA games thought, no. It plays straight off the NES carts (in japan they were roughly half the size of their US counterparts).

Good idea, but why did they need to copy the GBA looks and practically rip its name off? Trying to trick unaware buyers?

Same goes with this system. Its basically just one of those simili-Game&Watch systems that you can find in any Radio Shack, but they HAD to make it look like a NDS, did they?

Sweater Fish Deluxe
September 29th, 2006, 20:18
They're not trying to fool anyone. Nobody is fooled. Not even grandmas. The point of these kinds of clone systems is to entice kids who can't afford a real DS with something that looks somewhat similar so that they can sort of pretend that they have a real DS.

I used to have a similar system that played "different" (actually they were all the same, just with different grpahics) games by swapping out the screens, but instead of looking like a DS, it looked like the original brick Gameboy. And in fact I've seen a newer one than the one mentioned in this thread, which is modeled after the DS Lite. I never saw the GBC, GBA or SP models, but I bet they exist, too.

If I saw a similar clone system that had the 156-in-1 Block Games on it instead of these swap the screen games, I'd probbaly get one just as a companion to my real DS. I can enjoy some of those Blockzone games (at the very least it's a pretty good Tetris game that lasts for like two yearson a couple of AAAs), but the games on these things aren't even as interesting as the old Tiger LCD systems.

...word is bondage...

sonikku88
September 30th, 2006, 01:00
The video is funny! I didn't know that the british used the word "crap"! :D

Sure we do. Watch: crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. :D

OMG!!! no one told me it had wifi support with up to 16 players at once!!! :eek:

...You do know he's kidding, right? T_T

the_eternal_dark
September 30th, 2006, 10:04
thats not really a fake, its a moded Dreamcast, it can play all the dreamcast games

Got one a year or so back, and it's one of the best gaming investments to make IMO.

the_eternal_dark
September 30th, 2006, 10:15
Anyone know where I could pick up this or the popstation in the u.s. for my little bro (age 3)? Google failed me.

*edit* sorry for the double post, not paying attention.