PDA

View Full Version : PS1P WIP Update & Crap Videos - DCEMU Exclusive - New PSOne Emu for PSP Coming Soon

wraggster
September 28th, 2006, 21:22
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ps1p/psip5.JPG

Hi all got a lot of work to do tonight for a new project coming to DCEmu but i just wanted to pass on the latest tidbit of news from HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED aka the anonymous coder.

Heres what he let me know last night:

I've added fullscreen rendering (looks amazing) and been testing some games. There are some running real fast like Pandemonium. :)

Funny enough, Ridge Racer is one of the slowest ones. I believe, being one of the first PS1 games, although it was lighter in some points, it was badly programmed :) Even more considering it was a port. There are newer games that are heavier, in both GFX and gameplay, but are faster to emulate due to the smaller CPU usage.

--A.C.

Iva also made 2 crappy videos using my V3I phone, what they barely show is the emu starting up and Command and Conquer retaliation running. They would be longer but the bloody video cuts off after around 30 seconds. You can see the memory stick light flashing etc.

The videos are really for those few er - insert word - people who doubt my word.

UPDATE-

If you see anyone on here or other sites pretending to be Anonymous Coder please let them know that all news is coming through me and the coder for now isnt saying anything publically. So for those doing it stop with the fake comments.

Download the crappy vids via comments

dagger89
September 28th, 2006, 21:26
WOOT!!!!I can't wait!

And does this guy have anything to do with the mystery coder?

splodger15
September 28th, 2006, 21:26
this is good to hear i cant wait for a release

JD/
September 28th, 2006, 21:27
wow nice i have a feeling its gonna be released soon. Wow just watched the videos finally the games shown seem much faster than psxp and obviously this one has more compatability now I really cant wait for this (well i can you know what i mean :p) This is gonna be awesome when a proper dynarec is added

Edit: is it just me or are other people getting problems with dcemu lately I have to download a file like five times are it doesnt complete the download and sometimes when i post it freezes up is just me :(

Emeriastone
oh NO not more teasing!

splodger15
wow nice i have a feeling its gonna be released soon

I really hope so

Shiesty
September 28th, 2006, 21:28
hopefully i get a bigger mem stick by the time the dynamic recompiler comes out :)

silver32
what about someone converting them to a WMP compatible format and uploading them in youtube?

dagger89
Hey wragg, if u want, i can send i hack so ur phone can record longer than 30 sec... Motos are easily modded...

zool2k
September 28th, 2006, 21:29
i can't wait for the beta :D

taiyoh
September 28th, 2006, 21:30
wOOt this is getting interesting...but still no release date :(

LazerTag
September 28th, 2006, 21:31
WOW! Those vids are just awesome. Not that I had any doubt, just wanted to see.

and I would smack your watermark right in the middle of the image you posted, hehe that'll teach other sites. :)

joesnose
September 28th, 2006, 21:32
lol, those videos realy are crap. i use sony eyetoy, quality is fantastic.:) lol

JesusXP
September 28th, 2006, 21:33
Thats awesome!! You are going to have to share this at some point... such a major breakthrough, and such an amazing accomplishment.

Good days..

jools
September 28th, 2006, 21:34
Sweetness:D :D :D
This is gona rock =)

splodger15
September 28th, 2006, 21:34
this will be much bettter than the sony emulator

nexis2600
September 28th, 2006, 21:35
Wrag,
Seek out a copy of RR4 (Ridge Racer 4). It contain a second disc which had a optimised Ridge Ridger 1 which let you select to run it at 30 or 60 fps.

That ridge racer should produce a much better result.

ps this is PSmonkey, :/ cant remember my password and cant get into gmail to fetch it.

Volsfan91
September 28th, 2006, 21:37
This is looking unbelievable. I wonder who's coding it...

ninja9393
September 28th, 2006, 21:37
Wrag,
Seek out a copy of RR4 (Ridge Racer 4). It contain a second disc which had a optimised Ridge Ridger 1 which let you select to run it at 30 or 60 fps.

That ridge racer should produce a much better result.

ps this is PSmonkey, :/ cant remember my password and cant get into gmail to fetch it.
hey psmonkey

Vega
September 28th, 2006, 21:41
wow nice i have a feeling its gonna be released soon.

Edit: is it just me or are other people getting problems with dcemu lately I have to download a file like five times are it doesnt complete the download and sometimes when i post it freezes up is just me :(

Dont worry, a few people (including myself) have reported weird download problems on DCEMU tonight. Dunno what it is.

This is GREAT stuff.. videos are sketchy but shows great promise. RELEASE DAAAAAAAAAAAATE ???

nyrtrublue
that looked pretty fast and its dynarecless

sappo
Hey Wraggy, will sound be in in next version?

I want FF7 on my PSP with fullsound! XD

Vega
September 28th, 2006, 21:43
:O I smell reverse psychology.... PSMonkey IS THE MYSTERIOUS CODER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, i bet it is.........

yeah.....

BrooksyX
September 28th, 2006, 21:43
Sounds like progress is going well, any word on a release in the near future?

M!ckeY
September 28th, 2006, 21:44
i can't wait for this emu...

splodger15
September 28th, 2006, 21:44
i can't wait for this emu...

same here

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 21:46
DAAAAAMN!!! that is running sweet, waaaaay better than the psx-p...this emu looks like it's running about 10+ fps(prorbaly over doing it there but i'm no coder) without the dynarec :eek:

dagger89
September 28th, 2006, 21:46
My guess is about 15.... Mindblowing....

I see we finally got what PSXP was supposed to deliever

splodger15
September 28th, 2006, 21:47
My guess is about 15.... Mindblowing....

I see we finally got what PSXP was supposed to deliever

this will be much better than psx-p

ExcruciationX
September 28th, 2006, 21:48
Why don't you watermark the vid's? Put them right in the center!

Vega
September 28th, 2006, 21:49
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ps1p/psip5.JPG

Hi all got a lot of work to do tonight for a new project coming to DCEmu [/B]

this would honestly make me believe this is on its way in a few days.

C'mon wraggster you big TEASE!!

jonezybaby
September 28th, 2006, 21:51
Never Doubted U 4 A Second!!!!

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 21:52
other sites can have the video's, we get first dibs on the news and when it's being released and/or released early :p

dagger89
this will be much better than psx-p
I'm refering to the
50 fps
Sound
Adhoc play

Of course all this won't happen in this release, but this shows way more promise than PSXP

jimmi
man this looks so awsum i cant wait ! :D

splodger15
other sites can have the video's, we get first dibs on the news and when it's being released and/or released early :p

suppose

dejkirkby
September 28th, 2006, 21:54
This definetly wipes the memory of ....... what was that other PSX emu?

splodger15
Of course all this won't happen in this release, but this shows way more promise than PSXP

True it does

magixien
Video's are very crapy... but wait and see...

Megaman Fanboy
September 28th, 2006, 21:58
this looks SWEEEEET!!!!!! if itruns Megaman X4 and Capcom Generations disc 3 ill be a very happy man!!!!! hats off to HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED!!!!!!

wraggster
September 28th, 2006, 22:00
Hi magixien are you from PSPGen?

if so i think Yoshihiro did a good job with the emulator, i hope he can sort out whatever probs with the sourcecode and deliver what looks to be a great release for the scene.

Im so sorry for all the negative comments about gpl etc.

as for the videos yes they are crap but i did it just to show the fakers.

As for the release date, it could be next week or next month truth be told when i know youll know

magixien
September 28th, 2006, 22:01
no name boy need to buy another camera phone lol :-)

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 22:03
no name boy need to buy another camera phone lol :-)
lol that's Wraggy's camera silly :p

Jpdeathblade
September 28th, 2006, 22:05
OMG Hobo!!! I cant wait anymore!!!!

nexis2600
September 28th, 2006, 22:06
:O I smell reverse psychology.... PSMonkey IS THE MYSTERIOUS CODER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, i bet it is.........

yeah.....

Must nip this idea in the but early.

I HAVE NADA TO DO WITH THIS NOR EVEN KNOW WHO THE AUTHOR IS.

Sucks too, I wana play OmegaBoost or MGS. :(

AlinayG
September 28th, 2006, 22:06
dude i cant wait for this~!!!! i already Got the games that iam going to be Playing.

Any good recomendations? i have FF7, Tatics & Chrono cross, whats some other good PSX games?

drock82
September 28th, 2006, 22:08
resident evil:directors cut, tekken 3,resident evil 2 and 3,street fighter collection 2:)

Jpdeathblade
September 28th, 2006, 22:09
Dude get resident evil 2, crash bandicoot 2, spyro 2, ff9, mortal kombat triligy, legend of legia, and many more!!!!

Someone pm me a tut on getting ps1 games from the disk to 150's and 81n's (leet code =P) Im a wiz with psp but crap with ps1 =(

fucht017
September 28th, 2006, 22:10
Wraggster wrote...'Hi all got a lot of work to do tonight for a new project coming to DCEmu".....It Sound wraggster is gonna post something Playstation Tonight...could be wrong!..could also be right...fingers crossed:D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 28th, 2006, 22:11
SOD this whens he release got my res evil isos ect waiting :).

zensure
September 28th, 2006, 22:13
This emulator will rock the house. Crappy video yeah, but this is a big proof to all the people who said that this emulator was a fake.

Greetings.

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 22:17
Dude get resident evil 2, crash bandicoot 2, spyro 2, ff9, mortal kombat triligy, legend of legia, and many more!!!!

Someone pm me a tut on getting ps1 games from the disk to 150's and 81n's (leet code =P) Im a wiz with psp but crap with ps1 =(
i used CloneCD or CDBurnerXP Pro 3

Must nip this idea in the but early.

I HAVE NADA TO DO WITH THIS NOR EVEN KNOW WHO THE AUTHOR IS.

Sucks too, I wana play OmegaBoost or MGS. :(
hey monkey, i don't know why people are thinking ur the coder for this emu :rolleyes: how's the new jobby going, that is if u started yet, and ditto on playing MGS :D

Jpdeathblade
September 28th, 2006, 22:19
OMFG W you better release it tonight =P
I will hold you hostage and upgrade your psp so you cant enjoy to ps1 while we sit here and suffer =(

SUFFER!

That would be so sweet! Go into school tomorrow playing re2, tekken and crash!!!
I am going to go lay down for a little...in the mean time W what timezone you live in (so like if its 8pm for you it will be what in, idk, Philly =P)

PS - PSP upgrade thing was a joke...or was it

porchemasi
September 28th, 2006, 22:21
lol ill break the silence the mysterious coder is PSMonkey lol sorry man i had to tell the world

Volsfan91
You know that the videos aren't going to look good when it's under a meg.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
We need to see something a bit faster paced c&c doent really show it off.

aries2k4
September 28th, 2006, 22:22
Looks like its running at a decent speed already. The mystery coder seems like he´s been hard at work. very promising.

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 22:24
lol ill break the silence the mysterious coder is PSMonkey lol sorry man i had to tell the world
dude nexis2600 is PSmonkey and he just said he was not the coder, jeez people he can't do anything for the homebrew scene cuz of his new job :cool:

Kramer
September 28th, 2006, 22:27

I actually think its PSmonkey aswell all the signs are pointing towards him.

pibs
September 28th, 2006, 22:31
this looks very promising.

just recently bought a disk called games x copy for making my ps1 iso's and it works great.

lol its not psmonkey why would he lie, he is too buzy plus it would be a waste of time just making a new alias when his old one is soo famous.

Jpdeathblade
September 28th, 2006, 22:35
Thx for the help, guess i should have said im running a mac =P I found 1 tho

Im getting MK trilogy now! Crash next!! I cant wait till this comes out! Till then I pray and copy!

PS - This runs Bins right? thats what my program makes

Prasoc
September 28th, 2006, 22:36
this looks very promising.

just recently bought a disk called games x copy for making my ps1 iso's and it works great.

lol its not psmonkey why would he lie, he is too buzy plus it would be a waste of time just making a new alias when his old one is soo famous.

He can't because of his new job with Sony,and he has the ***official*** sdk.

ICE
September 28th, 2006, 22:57
what format will your games need to be?

mavsman4457
September 28th, 2006, 23:00
lol, those videos realy are crap. i use sony eyetoy, quality is fantastic.:) lol

What drivers do you use to take video with it? And what program do you use?

ACID
September 28th, 2006, 23:01
This looks awesome

valar
September 28th, 2006, 23:09
fftactics,omega boost,raiden dx,r type delta,rival schools...

S34MU5
September 28th, 2006, 23:10
Dont worry, a few people (including myself) have reported weird download problems on DCEMU tonight. Dunno what it is.

This is GREAT stuff.. videos are sketchy but shows great promise. RELEASE DAAAAAAAAAAAATE ???
every thing i d/l i corrupt. :(
cant wait for this!

toto
September 28th, 2006, 23:11
wraggster, why don't you use the "DevHook: Sceen\Video Capture Module v0.2" so that we have a better overview of the emulator?

bogalog
September 28th, 2006, 23:23
thats a very good idea toto, up for giving it a try wraggster?

nexis2600
September 28th, 2006, 23:25
BL8Z3D247,
Job goes wonderful. Sucks about homebrew but man I wish I made the job change sooner. I'm just so happy here now. :)

wraggster, why don't you use the "DevHook: Sceen\Video Capture Module v0.2" so that we have a better overview of the emulator?

LMAO, Why didn't anybody think of that sooner?
:p

toto
September 28th, 2006, 23:34
by the way, am I wrong or command & conquer is the only RTS game of all consoles?

thumpa
September 28th, 2006, 23:36
nba Hangtime

delirumhappy
September 28th, 2006, 23:41
This is going to be the greatest hacks of all time

psiko_scweek
September 28th, 2006, 23:42
starcraft was on the n64

i just want ff7 on the go, oh and grandia.......

drools over grandia

NeoXCS
September 28th, 2006, 23:57
Warlocked for the GBC was an RTS! :eek: Not a console game but the only RTS on a handheld you would find then! :p Well back on topic, this looks really fast for a beta! :) I can't wait to see this thing in action! :D

aries2k4
September 29th, 2006, 00:18
by the way, am I wrong or command & conquer is the only RTS game of all consoles?

there was also age of empires on ps2. you could even use a usb mouse for it.

psiko_scweek
September 29th, 2006, 00:20
lol so thats about 4 so far?

MaxSMoke
September 29th, 2006, 00:22
But those videos were just of the videos from the games. Where's the gameplay?

SSaxdude
September 29th, 2006, 00:23
I Cannot Wait!!!!!!

toto
September 29th, 2006, 00:35
lol so thats about 4 so far?

not much...I'm sure that if there were a warcraft 3 on the psp it would have a lot of success!

at least we will soon be able to play command & conquer in multiplayer :) (if the emulator support multiplayer...)

goaliedude
September 29th, 2006, 00:46
hey hey this is gonna b awsome

mcshortcut
September 29th, 2006, 00:52
If the new Emu PS1P comes out, i can build the new Compatibility List.. I am also interested in testing a PreRelease Beta of PS1P and send a Feedback to the Anonymous Coder. I own a lot of PSOne Games to Test it. If this is possible, i can create the PS1P Compatibility List, that it is ready (partially) at the first Public Release. Greetings to all the PSP-Coders.

Sorry for my bad English (It's not my Motherlanguage).

psiko_scweek
September 29th, 2006, 00:59
dude..... WarCraft 3 on the PSP, not only does it rhyme but it sound great! using the Analog Stick for the movement......something tells me we shoudl send an email to the Blizzard

Shemp
September 29th, 2006, 01:02
Ooooh baby. FF9 on the go. Parasite Eve 2 wherever I like. Legend of Dragoon, mobile edition. When this thing is released and working, I tell you for true: I will buy the hell out of a 4GB stick.

BTW, "he who must not be named." Anyone else afraid that a Great Old One may be doing this in a twisted plot to blast our sanity? :-)

pkmaximum
September 29th, 2006, 01:19
This is great news, I look foward to the release date of this emulator.

:::::Off Topic::::::::::

Can the screen shot module for dev hook load under custom firmware =S

x-zero
September 29th, 2006, 01:21
no JD its not you i have the same problem too

hahahaha
September 29th, 2006, 01:34
omg omg omg omg i cant f-ing wait for a ps1 emulator. if nothing else this emu will keep me from upadating until the sony emu is cracked. im tryin not to get my hopes up for a release but its so hard when Wraggy keeps teasing us with these updates. every time they say its coming soon but never say WHEN!!!! i want it now!!!! lol. looks like a great start though hobo! way to go.

phenikx
September 29th, 2006, 01:54
BTW, "he who must not be named." Anyone else afraid that a Great Old One may be doing this in a twisted plot to blast our sanity? :-)

hahahhaha well if thats true then its working...i think im going INSANE cuz of this emu

AtariFreek
September 29th, 2006, 02:12
This is looking great! And when dynarec is implemented \it will go ZOOOOOM FAAAST LALALA!!!!

Jpdeathblade
September 29th, 2006, 02:23
Dam this thing is on its way to being full speed (30 to 60 fps) with 100% compatability!!!!

This is 1 thing I never thought I would see on the psp...

M!ckeY
September 29th, 2006, 02:49
this emulator will probably end up running so fast that it will cause everyone's psps to exploded....so maybe Sony is making this just to destroy all 1.5 psp's >.>

shrimpidy
September 29th, 2006, 02:53
This is gonna be sick man!

Mr. Shizzy
September 29th, 2006, 02:57
Wraggster, could you please clear up this non sense at QJ. Some retard is impersnating the Anonymous Coder.

http://my.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=293

waco13
September 29th, 2006, 02:59
"he who must not be named." Anyone else afraid that a Great Old One may be doing this in a twisted plot to blast our sanity? :-)
I am terribly afraid, "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".

publicprivates
September 29th, 2006, 02:59
are you sure that isnt the coder?

skater9269
September 29th, 2006, 03:38
he says yoshiro is quote"gay" and has lots of grammatical mistakes I would be extremley surprised if that was the real hobo plus that guy says its going to be built especially for the games that are his "faves".

BL4Z3D247
September 29th, 2006, 03:41
Wraggster, could you please clear up this non sense at QJ. Some retard is impersnating the Anonymous Coder.

http://my.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=293
they did the same thing to Dark_AleX(well it sounds like them in this on AleX's page) look:

"Just wanted to say it. If that site doesn't stop impersonating and blaming me, i will leave the scene. I do this for fun, and those guys are achieving that I feel bad. DO NOT IMPERSONATE ME, STOP ANNOYING ME." - Dark_AleX

:eek: ^that would be horrible^

http://dax.lan.st/

drock82
September 29th, 2006, 03:42
i think the release is going to be good, sony must of had this idea when they was creating the psp in order to play ps1 games on the system(amazing).so i dont think the coders will have a hard time getting this to run toward perfection:)

resident evil 1,2,3, here i come!!

skater9269
September 29th, 2006, 03:59
omg If dark alex left because of those jerk offs I swear to freakin god I would hunt down those asks and funking choke them to death got damhit

dagger89
September 29th, 2006, 04:02
Ignore the idiot.... He thinks they are called syscells... obviously that isn't the real AC

christophe
September 29th, 2006, 04:04
a release is whats ideally needed....even if its only to prove to the masses that this is 100% genuine. news and updates are welcome....but what people really want is something to try themselves. hopefully we wont be waiting to long for a release.... is it pacmanfan possibly working on this?

ICE
September 29th, 2006, 04:05
as soon as this is released im buying every resident evil game for the psx i can find.

skater9269
September 29th, 2006, 04:07
I am hoarding games and money for this money for buyilng new games and a 4 and possibley if it can be worked out for 1.5 custom fimrware an 8 gig memory stick

DPyro
September 29th, 2006, 04:07
People stop guessing that its PMF or PSmonkey whos working on it....this is a completely different coder.

Emeriastone
September 29th, 2006, 04:09
if it were fanjita and ditlew I'd crap myself.

dagger89
September 29th, 2006, 04:10
People stop guessing that its PMF or PSmonkey whos working on it....this is a completely different coder.

Ur right, its me, lol

christophe
September 29th, 2006, 04:15
something u cant really stop people doing...is guessing or wondering. who is doing it. but anyway i just wanna see a release. anyone got any news on daedalus? i know the wally spiff up 1.2 is out and has a few graphical fixes....i just want a date for daedalus damnit. :P

ICE
September 29th, 2006, 04:21
ya being that i already have n64 games waiting i REALY want a new daedalus release so i can play turok and smah bros all the way across the room from my n64. haha

AtariFreek
September 29th, 2006, 04:22
Man Wrag Your Videos SUCK!!! Lol Just Kidding, This Is Going To Be THE BEST PSX EMULATOR EVER!!!!

dagger89
September 29th, 2006, 04:36
:p what do u expect... its a cell phone... next time the vids should be longer... I gave him a site to bypass the time limit of recording stuff on a RAZR

NeoXCS
September 29th, 2006, 05:21
Yeah, but hopefully he can use the DevHook: Sceen\Video Capture Module v0.2 because that would make some higher quality videos! (As said by someone else in the thread) :)

pibs
September 29th, 2006, 05:22
I am hoarding games and money for this money for buyilng new games and a 4 and possibley if it can be worked out for 1.5 custom fimrware an 8 gig memory stick
lol im doing the same thing kinda like the squirrels go and take as many nuts to their tree so they can hybernate. wait wtf am i talking about lol:p

cool where gona have ResEvil on psp!

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 29th, 2006, 05:36
Silent Hill on PSP :D

F9zDark
September 29th, 2006, 05:42
Hey Wraggster, enough with the teasing and bring us some news we can use! ;)

Can't wait to play Resident Evil on the PSP. :)

pibs
September 29th, 2006, 06:37
hmm instead of using your phone wrag, can u use this on the psp pc emu and use some sort of program to make a vid of it cuz that sounds like it would have greater quality. or does it not work on the pc emu?

just an idea

ACID
September 29th, 2006, 06:50
Thats exactly what im waiting for.:)

blackrave
September 29th, 2006, 07:30
This emulator has a huge potential. Even this early it's starting to get playable, as Wraggster's videos show.
I really hope it's coming soon, but the coder must take all the time he/she needs to get done. With Dyna-Rec and Hardware rendering, I assume that PS1P will run almost flawlessly.

Keep on coding! We're all very excited! Thanks. :)

Thats exactly what im waiting for.:)

Well, Silent Hill Origins is already on it's way to the PSP, but not out before 2007. Silent Hill 1 is the best, though, so I agree with you. :)

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 29th, 2006, 07:51
This emulator has a huge potential. Even this early it's starting to get playable, as Wraggster's videos show.
I really hope it's coming soon, but the coder must take all the time he/she needs to get done. With Dyna-Rec and Hardware rendering, I assume that PS1P will run almost flawlessly.

Keep on coding! We're all very excited! Thanks. :)

Well, Silent Hill Origins is already on it's way to the PSP, but not out before 2007. Silent Hill 1 is the best, though, so I agree with you. :)

I picked up a copy of The Silent Hill Experience on my lunch break to tide me over... Quite good if you like digital comics, very SH like :D

Yay for PS1 EMU! :D

LloydKansas
September 29th, 2006, 08:19
As I said before, can't wait to get the old boy loaded up with Silent Hill, the FF titles, RE titles, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve, Driver, Legend of Legaia, Ridge Racer, Legend of Dragoon and more! Of course I won't be able to fit them all on a single memory stick, but I'm willing to shell it out for a 4gig if necessary... Would have already but don't have the moneys XD By the way, does anybody know if there's any kind of programmable solution to 1.5 not being able to detect higher than 4 gig sticks? It sure would be nice to get one of them 8 giggers on there, despite the fact that its a thousand bucks.

**1_Man_Matrix**, I agree. Silent Hill Experience is definitely worth checking into if you're a Silent Hill fan. I ordered it from Konami's site using the $5 off coupon that came with the Silent Hill DVD :D I'll admit that I probably haven't been a fan as long as most others, but I sure wish I had the chance... Looking forward to Silent Hill Origins.

Keep up the great work, Anonymous Coder, you rox my sox man. And another thanks to Wraggster for keeping us all posted on the latest info. You can bet that the minute we get another sweet sweet taste of PS1P that I'm gonna be there with everybody else to take it all in.

mr_nick666
September 29th, 2006, 08:28
and I would smack your watermark right in the middle of the image you posted, hehe that'll teach other sites. :)

Yeah... A semi transparent watermark accross the centre should do the trick! ;)

It nice to see it running - I just want to be able to play it now! :p I never doubted its existence - If Wraggster says he played it then he did! :cool:

nesianstyles
September 29th, 2006, 09:21
Can't wait... I own a PS1 and still play it allot today. Gota love...
Kula World! Ahh I remember the awesome old days.
Oh, and The Raiden Project would pwn.

vladiftodi
September 29th, 2006, 09:59
cool, maybe he can join with other project, i mean the other, and make a full speed one, a bette one yeah

Malksta
September 29th, 2006, 10:40
Yay! :)

enekomh
September 29th, 2006, 10:46
Hi all got a lot of work to do tonight for a new project coming to DCEmu but i just wanted to pass on the latest tidbit of news from HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED aka the anonymous coder.

HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED???? Lord Voldemort???? LOL
I'm really looking forward to it!!! Keep up the good work!!

Nikolaos
September 29th, 2006, 11:38
sweet cant wait:) wraggy is da messenger

rehbock
September 29th, 2006, 12:45
nice but i hope the emulator will take a while before release
maybe a dynarec will be included before the release than

vladiftodi
September 29th, 2006, 12:54
cool, i cant wait for it to arive. silent hill atlasst !

arch stanton
September 29th, 2006, 13:20
Bring it on! NOW!

beansta
September 29th, 2006, 13:53
the only game i can say is........................GT2. but then im just a racing fanatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beansta
September 29th, 2006, 14:01
oh and to prev posts, the coder isnt PSmonkey or PMF. new coder altogether

lplover2k
September 29th, 2006, 14:12
this emu ressembles gspsp .... it looks very impressive at its early stage..hope it comes out like gspsp where u can now get full speed for almost all gba games :)

Viper Snake
September 29th, 2006, 15:45
If Castlevania SOTN works, I will esplode.

janys
September 29th, 2006, 16:12
Come on, Mr. Anonymous Coder, you're getting some really superb feedback here. Don't keep us waiting! :)

Anyways - Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, Resident Evils, Silent Hill, Syphon Filters, Tomb Raiders, Drivers, Gran Turismos... gosh that's gonna be heavy!

Xiofire
September 29th, 2006, 16:59
Can't Wait for this. Good job He Who Must Not Be Named.
My theory is that Wraggster is the anonymous coder :)
-Xiofire

jak66
September 29th, 2006, 17:09
hopefully oddworld will run on this, Abe rulez

Kramer
September 29th, 2006, 17:23
Can't Wait for this. Good job He Who Must Not Be Named.
My theory is that Wraggster is the anonymous coder :)
-Xiofire

lol maybe:p

But seriously it's not Wraggster because he doesnt code.

Tinnus
September 29th, 2006, 17:32
hmm instead of using your phone wrag, can u use this on the psp pc emu and use some sort of program to make a vid of it cuz that sounds like it would have greater quality. or does it not work on the pc emu?

just an idea
Nothing that uses PSPSDK runs in PSPE, and since nowadays everyone uses it...

aleborri
September 29th, 2006, 18:20
What part of "coming soon" I've missed, give it to us now!!! :D

kersplatty
September 29th, 2006, 18:37
Give it to us noooow plzzzzzz:( lol oj this looks worthy of more than a beta any idea when he plans to release wraggster? Before or after the dyna recompiler

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 29th, 2006, 19:06
Any idea when this baby is due ? instead of goading us with it .

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 29th, 2006, 19:09
cool!!!

pkmaximum
September 29th, 2006, 19:40
Well lets not rush the coder to release is, because just Wraggster saying he has it, is enough proof for me. I think its important, in case SONY tracks down on this emulator, that its released when its in a good playable state. Because if its not, then we will have a problem with SONY more than likely.

r2works
September 29th, 2006, 20:32
If Castlevania SOTN works, I will esplode.

yes, although I more of a Saturn fan.

Alucard
September 29th, 2006, 20:49
Surprised noone said hearts of darkness.... such a great game. Looking forward to playing that.

Also, Fear Effect.

mexicansnake
September 29th, 2006, 21:28
really amazing!

aries2k4
September 29th, 2006, 21:58
Resident evil directors cut would be amazing to play on the go

taiyoh
September 29th, 2006, 22:24
But the big question is if any of the popular games would actually be playable on this emu.

curse
September 29th, 2006, 22:27
Gran Turismo 2 and Silent Hill would be nice, but full speed with sound on the PSP? I think that's gonna take a while...

JD/
September 29th, 2006, 22:34
Well lets not rush the coder to release is, because just Wraggster saying he has it, is enough proof for me. I think its important, in case SONY tracks down on this emulator, that its released when its in a good playable state. Because if its not, then we will have a problem with SONY more than likely.
Thats what im saying I think everyone should back off with the I want it now comments when the coder thinks its ready then its ready and not any time before who wants to have a low speed beta didnt we get one with psx-p. I would rather have a more playable one with all the trimmings(dynarec and rendering) than have a POC to prove its real wraggster's word is good enough for me.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 29th, 2006, 22:47
Surprised noone said hearts of darkness.... such a great game. Looking forward to playing that.

Also, Fear Effect.
HOD nice Bruce Broughton score absolute crap platform game...

lunasicc
September 30th, 2006, 01:25
Hey, wraggers, do you think that the coder plans to include .CSO or .DAX compression??

I just rip my Breath Of Fire 4 and compressed it to .CSO and it came out to be half the size.

Thanks for the news as well, this is one of the few sites that have mature users unlike PS*UPDATES

ICE
September 30th, 2006, 05:28
after i rip a psx disk i see nothing with the extensions .bin or. iso can someone clarify what i might be doing wrong if anything??

JKKDARK
September 30th, 2006, 15:11
I can't wait for this emulator :)

psman
September 30th, 2006, 17:53
wow cooll new emulator for ps1

Video_freak
September 30th, 2006, 18:10
I can't wait for this emulator :)
I think we're ALL shaking nervously. :)

Tinnus
September 30th, 2006, 21:17
after i rip a psx disk i see nothing with the extensions .bin or. iso can someone clarify what i might be doing wrong if anything??
You probably just copied the files. You have to create a CD Image file with a specific CD ripping program (MagicISO, ISOBuster, etc) or a CD recording program (CloneCD, Nero, etc).

Make sure the app you're using writes either ISO, IMG or BIN though. NRG isn't supported by any emulators because it's a proprietary format.

jerkstore05
October 1st, 2006, 19:36
I love that this guy's making some serious programming progress with this emulator, but doesn't hear his smoke alarm which is letting out a "low battery" beep every 30 seconds.

the_eternal_dark
October 3rd, 2006, 01:48
I love that this guy's making some serious programming progress with this emulator, but doesn't hear his smoke alarm which is letting out a "low battery" beep every 30 seconds.

Seems wraggster doesnt mind since he has the emu. It's hilarious to expect no sounds and then *BEEP*.

jonezybaby
October 5th, 2006, 14:23
So Wen We Gettin The Next Update On This Thing? Is There Any Progress??

JKKDARK
October 5th, 2006, 20:30
I think we're ALL shaking nervously. :)
exept nintendo fanboys. they don't have sony stuff.

killurparents
October 5th, 2006, 20:51
wraggster c'mon what is the status on this!!!!!!!!!!!

jonezybaby
October 5th, 2006, 23:25
Nintendo Sucks Ass, PSP Rulez!!!!!

pkmaximum
October 6th, 2006, 00:16
Nintendo Sucks Ass, PSP Rulez!!!!!

Way to spam the forums, if you don't have anything informative to say, then just leave :mad:

Gene
October 6th, 2006, 02:18
has AC release any recent updates regarding the optimisations of this emulator?

M!ckeY
October 6th, 2006, 02:22
if the coder had released any updates you would know >.>

Tinnus
October 6th, 2006, 03:47
Sheesh people, let the guy have a life too... :rolleyes:

shiny_56
October 6th, 2006, 20:51
@wraggster

can you ask Anonymus Coder when he will release a beta from his emu? that would be great^^ because i wait veryyyyy long for this emu, and now no new updates come from him!

***sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany^^***

ebitiba
October 7th, 2006, 06:35
It's amazing that these coders/developers take so much time to work on these emulators and homebrew games, even though they don't get paid for them. But that's what makes it so great. I would MUCH rather play a PS1 emulator on my PSP from someone who doesn't care about the personal gain than play an emulator made by someone who only cares about the money (cough-cough...Sony).

***Sorry for my bad English, i'm from Texas***

quzar
October 7th, 2006, 07:00
Sheesh people, let the guy have a life too... :rolleyes:

Odds are he doesn't even read this, so it doesn't really matter =P.

BrooksyX
October 7th, 2006, 07:27
Looks like we are just going to have to wait guys, so quit asking for a release. But trust me, it is going to be worth the wait.

jonezybaby
October 7th, 2006, 10:16
I Think It'll Be Worth The Wait Thats Why Im Lettin This Guy Get On With It, Wen He Feels Its Good Enough To Release Im Sure He Will!!! Keep Up The Good Work Annoymous Coder!!

ebitiba
October 8th, 2006, 03:17
What do you think will be the best game to use with this PS1 emulator to test it's limits? To use with every release to check fps, graphic updates, etc.?

-FF7?
-FF8?
-Gran Turismo 2?
-Spongebob Squarepants?

jonezybaby
October 9th, 2006, 17:56
Really Desent RPGs Should Test Em!!

AtariFreek
October 11th, 2006, 05:06
Lol, jeez wraggs, i was on the front page and i saw PS1P under the pson emu's and i thought it was out. Don't scare me like that lol. Anyway, i thing a 2D platformer would work good to test it, like Megaman X4, or Tomba.

Tinnus
October 11th, 2006, 19:31
Hmm, Tomba had 3D backgrounds though...

superemil986
October 13th, 2006, 14:05
i heard that ridge racer in the wip version plays at full speed now.i just heard,i dunno.i heard from some forums.

Darksaviour69
October 13th, 2006, 14:21
i heard that ridge racer in the wip version plays at full speed now.i just heard,i dunno.i heard from some forums.

well since wraggs and A.C. are the only ones with the emu, the other "forums" where you heard this are talking BS ;)

JD/
October 13th, 2006, 16:53
@superemil986: You probably mistook "running perfectly" with "running full speed"

Lol, jeez wraggs, i was on the front page and i saw PS1P under the pson emu's and i thought it was out. Don't scare me like that lol. Anyway, i thing a 2D platformer would work good to test it, like Megaman X4, or Tomba.
same thing jus happened to me lol :p

ab88
October 22nd, 2006, 08:27
***Sorry for my bad English, i'm from Texas***
;) we all are aren't we?
Nice progress :)

pimpdaddy20007
October 28th, 2006, 04:14
I think you should put in the ps1 harry potter and the chamber of secrets my cusin wants that for your info and whatever sport game I can't wait for the ps1 emu to come out for console

plinius
October 29th, 2006, 09:15
Coooooooooool
but this vidio dosen't works on samsung cellphone..

plinius
October 29th, 2006, 09:17

Auriman1
November 1st, 2006, 05:12
I've got high hopes for this emulator :)

jonezybaby
November 1st, 2006, 11:23
Ne1 No The Link 4 The FF7 Vid Bein Run On This Emu? Cheers

Cap'n 1time
November 1st, 2006, 15:45
Ne1 No The Link 4 The FF7 Vid Bein Run On This Emu? Cheers

"NE1" else would search for it with either the fine search option vbulletin gives us located at the top mid right or simply by searching for it manually.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40593&highlight=video

Vega
November 1st, 2006, 16:10
hahaha... sorry to spam... but that sig you got there is quite funny Cpt. Awesome.

jonezybaby
November 7th, 2006, 12:27

Are U Usin Get Right? If U R Close Get Right And Try Again!! Job Dun ;)