PDA

View Full Version : Azureus

PlagueMusic
September 29th, 2006, 00:23
I don't know if i can talk about this but Azureus (P2P Client) is open-source. I don't know the requirements but this is a one looking into!

Source is included
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

PsychoSync
September 29th, 2006, 02:25
I would like to see that too. But a P2P app on the PSP would be better for small files like mp3s. So Azureus or any other mp3 dl app.

Volsfan91
September 29th, 2006, 02:43
Just wanted to point something out-

This may not be as far off as it once was, since DickyDick has got a Java port to the PSP.

I still don't think that BitTorrent would work on a PSP- slow Wi-Fi + memory stick strain.

Let's do some digging: there's got to be some other P2P apps that are Java based, right? Let's go look for them.

Edit: that mockery of a P2P app known as "Lamewire" is written in Java.

SSaxdude
September 29th, 2006, 02:55
Limewire would be best, I'd download stuff at my friends house.

SnoopKatt
September 29th, 2006, 04:24
That would be pretty awesome actually. P2P isn't extremely fast, so the PSP's slow WiFi wouldn't be much of a problem.

gymnotropic
September 29th, 2006, 05:00
Bleh... I went to see if μtorrent was opensource. It isn't, unfortunately.

Perhaps another torrent client which uses a minimal amount of CPU and RAM would be better than Azureus? Just personal opinion, though... :P

ACID
September 29th, 2006, 05:05
Interesting consept.

PlagueMusic
September 29th, 2006, 05:31
limewire is horrible, torrents have same speed with more organization

pibs
September 29th, 2006, 05:33
portable music downloader hehe thats cool

Nafogel
September 29th, 2006, 05:37
i wouldnt mind seeing a p2p client on the psp. that would actually be pretty cool. i mainly use p2p clients to download movies though, and i dont know if a port to the psp could support files that big (600mb to 2gb usually)

PsychoSync
September 29th, 2006, 14:33
A great app for music is SoulSeek, there are a couple of versions on Sourceforge, maybe one would suit the PSP well.

A coder should take a look...

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=soulseek

Soulseek is one of the best (if not THE best) mp3 sharing application. And it offers great download speeds if you use it well.

So Soulseek is my best bet!

Volsfan91
September 30th, 2006, 19:50
Once again, a BitTorrent port is not going to work on the PSP, I don't think.

BitTorrent works a lot different than a lot of P2P apps. As the name suggests, BitTorrent works by downloading lots of small packets constantly.

This would put excessive strain on the memory stick, and would heat the system up, I think.

Also, the PSP is not practical for a lot of Torrent downloads like ISO's and such. It is much better fitting for single MP3's and such.