PDA

View Full Version : PSP: pyMine - Minesweeper for PSP - Version 1.0.0

soulstealer
September 29th, 2006, 12:49
This is a port of the classic Minesweeper game from Microsoft. It has the following Features:

http://www.webmage.de/assets/images/pymine.gif

Highscore
Three "Levels"
Hidden Feature

The Controls are simple and self explaining, to take a ingame Screenshot, press:

http://www.webmage.de/assets/images/screenshot_buttons.gif

The game is written in Python for the PSP. As in all Script languages, the source code is included.

This game was made to train my PSP Python knowledge. I would like to thank Olga for motivating me.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Briggzy11
September 29th, 2006, 13:28
Very nice game, this will be on my PSP :)...

...Welcome to the scene as well, its seems as if you are new here so good luck with any other future projects :D

soulstealer
September 29th, 2006, 13:42
Thank you for this warm welcome Briggzy11.

And what do you know about my future projects ? :D

beansta
September 29th, 2006, 14:09
wow good stuff!!!!!!!!! :D
hope u learn much in coding

partyman
September 29th, 2006, 14:12
Good work mate.

But who said Microsoft invented minesweeper. ;)

Fanjita
September 29th, 2006, 14:12
Looks nice! Don't forget to add it to the homebrew database (see sig) ;)

One word of advice - L+R+START is already used in various other applications (for example, 'quit from eLoader', which could cause a clash with your game) - a different key combination for screenshots is probably worth considering.

soulstealer
September 29th, 2006, 15:09
WOW, are you the famous Fanjita who did the incredible eLoader? :eek: My respect.
And your advice is noticed. In one of the next releases i will change the key combination. Hope there wouldn't be much bugs 'implemented'. :rolleyes:

P.S.: Sir, I entered it to the homebrew database, sir!

lamo_PSP_king
September 29th, 2006, 15:21
hey soulstealer nice game i just started programming in python the other day as i though c/c++ mey be too hard for me does python support mp3 or ogg playback?

anywayz thanks for the great game mate cheers!:D

YourStillWithMe
September 29th, 2006, 15:30
ahhh nice to see another GOOD coder on the psp bandwagon. My respect to you, I heart minesweeper!

wakaru
September 29th, 2006, 15:47
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

I canīt download it... I only get a corrupted 435Kb compressed file

soulstealer
September 29th, 2006, 16:00
@wakaru:
the new forum link did work for me, but try this mirror (http://www.webmage.de/pyMine.zip)

@lamo_PSP_king:
Sorry python did not support ogg or mp3 at this moment :( . Only the Fasttracker (XM and WAV files) are supported. (AMIGA rules !)

Darksaviour69
September 29th, 2006, 16:04
yeah i tested the forum link too, worked for me

lamo_PSP_king
September 29th, 2006, 16:10
cheers for the info soulstealer:)
now i can get on converting all my tracks to wav:D
ta

dejkirkby
September 29th, 2006, 16:18
This looks good. Will try it. Good work!

lamo_PSP_king
September 29th, 2006, 16:24
one more question, do u know were to find any applications for creating .xm audio files ive tried google and cant find anything :D ty

soulstealer
September 29th, 2006, 16:52
@lamo_PSP_king
nothing simplier than that wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Tracker) ;)
you can also use the MOD format and convert it with mod2xm (DOS Commandline Tool)

CT_Bolt
September 29th, 2006, 17:39
Great work SoulStealer... I like what you got going on here.
I have some questions myself about coding in Python for PSP. I know Python but not for PSP.
Please, could you write a little tutorial on how to start in Python for PSP. Like the Tools needed & how to set them up.

Thank you for you contribution. :D

soulstealer
September 29th, 2006, 17:55
@CT_Bolt
as a good start try Eclipse 3.2 and the PyDev 1.2.3 Extensions. Also visit the PSP Python home at http://python-psp.net/trac
But i don't believe, that i could write a tutorial. My english is too lousy.

lamo_PSP_king
September 29th, 2006, 18:21
ok ty very much for the help n good luck with other projects :D

blackrave
September 29th, 2006, 19:24
Fantastic port, soulstealer! Minesweeper is a great game and you managed to keep it that way with this.
Welcome to DCEmu and good luck with all future projects! :)

lamo_PSP_king
September 29th, 2006, 20:05
well soulstealer judging by what you have wrote so far, your english sounds excellent to me ;-)

blackrave
September 29th, 2006, 20:09
I agree. Your English is excellent and so is your vocabulary, so you can't use that as an excuse for not writing a tutorial, soulstealer. :)

gregnoid
September 30th, 2006, 11:41
Great job Soulstealer !!

It woud be better if we could move in the grid with th D-pad (a simple suggetion :) )

CT_Bolt
September 30th, 2006, 19:54
Thank you much for the information soulstealer, this will help me alot. Wow really, thank you again. :D

iwanttodownload
January 1st, 2010, 20:23
how do i add it to my psp? like i add both files to my GAME folder and i got 5.03gen b

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2010, 00:51
Super old - LOCKED