PDA

View Full Version : Lumines II's title song unveiled

wraggster
September 29th, 2006, 16:03
Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=146873)

Mizuguchi's 'Heavenly Star' spreads rainbows and bunnies in Lumines II music video

After the devilishly catchy Lumines title song, Mondo Grosso's Shinin' - which often causes violent rows in the CVG office when attempted to be played aloud - we're a bit miffed by the sequel's erm, 'happy' front-runner.

Titled 'Heavenly Star', the song is performed by a Gorillaz-style virtual pop-act, Genki Rockets, using a fusion of different female voices, an expert-miming model and lyrics written by Mizuguchi-San himself. The music video is a bit like A-Ha's Take on Me, with a pencil-drawn singer prancing around rainbow-arched fields and comet-filled skies. The video will play in the background of Lumines II when Heavenly Star rolls round.

Here's what Mizuguchi-San had to say about Heavenly Star in our recent interview:

"So the girl in the video, she is 17 years-old. She doesn't exist in this world; she's a future girl. She was born in outer space and she's never touched on this planet yet. This is kind of the big love song for the Earth; she's always dreaming of what kind of place Earth is. She knows the history and info from the high-tech, high-res media, but she's always dreaming about the real experience; wind on her face; rainbows - 'what is a rainbow?'. It's a kind of fresh, lovely song. (laughs)"

You can watch the full video now over on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL2od1AF_Cs

mesosade
September 29th, 2006, 16:06
well that post just confuse dmy mind :eek:

dejkirkby
September 29th, 2006, 16:15
Very Daft Punk-esque! My wife will like it1 (She's a real Lumines Freak)

valar
September 29th, 2006, 16:17
i feel like i'm not buying this game.i liked the soundtrack from the first edition.lumines 2 looks like they aim to get a broader audience with commercial songs.well,it depends on taste...

E.J.
September 29th, 2006, 17:31
Hmm, i like the video, and wraggster is right, it's very "a la Take on Me" (one of my favorite songs)

The song is catchy, i just hope the rest of the songs not to be very 'commercial' as Valar says

geise69
September 29th, 2006, 19:06
Man this is going to be nowhere near as good as the first one. I want to like this sequel but they are totally ruining this game with the music they chose. They are probably doing it like this because the first did so well and sony really really needs a game to sell systems. Since this is one of the most popular games for the psp it's reason enough to make it a more commercialized game. The bad part is it sucks for us hardcore gamers.

valar
September 29th, 2006, 19:13
i agree with what geise69 says.