PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what game i am thinking of?

Cap'n 1time
June 8th, 2004, 14:33
Im trying to remember a NeoGeo game that was a top down shooter. Does anyone know the name of it?

Christuserloeser
June 8th, 2004, 16:01
;D Damn, there are many! With spaceships or ppl?

Chris

souLLy
June 8th, 2004, 17:18
king of fighters.

Eric
June 8th, 2004, 17:26
Just a guess right here top hunter? or over top?

Christuserloeser
June 8th, 2004, 19:32
Okay, the most famous NeoGeo top down shooter is the Sonic Wings series, aka Aero Fighters.

Then there's Strikers 1945 and Ghost Pilot. A Parodius-like top down shooter for NG is CTomaDay (I think it's a Korean game) and -more a puzzler than a shooter: Twinkle Star Sprites.

These are all games in which you control a space ship-type thing. From the games where you control ppl is very well known the ShockTroopers series and there are a few similar games which names I can't remember but might be even better than ST.

Chris

EDIT: Please give us some more info next time... ;)

Cap'n 1time
June 8th, 2004, 22:25
it was a people shooter. If anyone remembers the old SNK game for NES called Ikari Warriors, i believe it was a spin off of that.

Kron
June 8th, 2004, 22:28
Ninja Commando.

souLLy
June 9th, 2004, 17:06
samurai showdown

curt_grymala
June 9th, 2004, 20:54
Pictionary?

Cap'n 1time
June 9th, 2004, 21:53
Wow, lots of great on topic suggestions!

Ninja Camando was it. Thanks to the brilliant admins for there non helpful ideas.

did they actually have a pictionary game for any console?

souLLy
June 10th, 2004, 00:21
Thanks to the brilliant admins for there non helpful ideas.

thats quite alright.

curt_grymala
June 10th, 2004, 02:11
I'm sorry, I thought I was the only non-helpful one. I am pretty sure the rest of them actually were helping. I was just trying to add a little levity to the topic. Relax.

BTW - I am pretty certain that there were Pictionary games for at least a few consoles. I know for a fact that there was a Win, Lose, or Draw game for the NES (same concept as Pictionary).

Cap'n 1time
June 10th, 2004, 15:21
I'm sorry, I thought I was the only non-helpful one. *I am pretty sure the rest of them actually were helping. *I was just trying to add a little levity to the topic. *Relax.

BTW - I am pretty certain that there were Pictionary games for at least a few consoles. *I know for a fact that there was a Win, Lose, or Draw game for the NES (same concept as Pictionary).

yeah i know, i was just joking ;D. I wouldnt get angry at you dcemu guys. I LOVE YOU GUYS! especially you soully ;).

Im going to have to get me a pictionary game! how cool is that? :o

curt_grymala
June 10th, 2004, 15:56
Check this out:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=910388

As far as I can tell, there were only ever two different Pictionary games released for consoles:
NES version (linked above)
Amstrad version

And - as I mentioned before, there was a "Win Lose Or Draw" game for the NES as well, but this is one you will most likely always have to play on your old NES system, as all the dumps I have found of it are bad. It's one of the few things I occasionally pull out my NES for at this point.

souLLy
June 10th, 2004, 16:08
ooooh i know i know. metal slug.

Christuserloeser
June 10th, 2004, 17:53
ooooh i know i know. metal slug.

;D is this more top or more down?

I think it's more top 8)

Chris

biagrin_sackville
June 26th, 2004, 03:29
try nam '75