PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: 360 CPU Process To Be Upgraded

wraggster
September 29th, 2006, 19:53
For anyone who has ever had a 360 die on them — and, judging by buzz, that's just about everyone — there's an excellent new rumor going around: namely, that the 360 is going to get a processor upgrade as early next year that will hopefully make the Red Eye of Death a thing of the past.

Apparently, the upgrade will change the Xbox 360's 90-nanometer manufacturing process to a 65-nanometer manufacturing process. Yes, that's gibberish to me as well. However, this change will mean the CPUs will require both less power and will output less heat. Therefore, be less likely to spontaneously explode in the middle of Oblivion.

If this rumor is true, the only thing required to win our hearts and minds forever, Microsoft, is letting everyone trade in their old 360 for one that won't sporadically melt down.

splodger15
September 29th, 2006, 19:56
Therefore, be less likely to spontaneously explode in the middle of Oblivion.

lol

SSaxdude
September 29th, 2006, 22:27
This is true, I've known about it for months. The upgrade will happen next year I think.
Really old news.

eternaldragonx
September 30th, 2006, 03:52
no offense but ive know of this for about 6 months now

Video_freak
September 30th, 2006, 06:19
This is good news! I'll get it when the full pack costs $300. :)

pibs
September 30th, 2006, 06:43
Yup video_freak those who wait get the best deals, i just can't wait for those after thanksgiven(my bday :p )
sales hehe

since i was born on thx given ur forced to celebrate my bday dang it lol:)

Video_freak
September 30th, 2006, 06:49
/\ I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, simply because my family is the "immigrants" to America. :P

Dickhead
October 4th, 2006, 17:20
Well everyone in the USA are all immigrants, as sometime in history they came from somewhere else!!! apart from the indians. Oh I am from the uk by the way