PDA

View Full Version : A DS Lite Clone Emerges - Neo Double Games

wraggster
September 29th, 2006, 22:17
News from NintendoSpin (http://www.nintendospin.com/features/ds/1684/neo-double-games-delight.html):

I came across some rather funny-looking hardware called the Neo Double Games Lite. As the name implies, this is just a cheap copy of the DS Lite system. Except that, for what it was, it wasn't so cheap. The vendor initially wanted $20 for it, but I got her down to $5. Still, I didn't want to pay $5 for what I knew was a piece of junk. When you've been in China long enough, even 50 cents means a lot to you.

Of course, I eventually bought it. I had to try it just to see how bad it really was. At a glance, it actually replicates the DS quite well with its smooth, white edges. It isn't until you heft it that the differences become apparent. The Neo Double Games Lite feels very cheap and light, like there's nothing in it. But when you open it up, it almost falls out of your hands. It's incredibly clunky and awkward to hold. The hinges aren't very tight, so the heavy top screen keeps flopping around. The D-pad is more akin to the Playstation D-pad, and the X, Y, A, and B buttons have been replaced by two big arrows: A and B.

Screenshot Via Comments

The Hombrew Hunter
September 29th, 2006, 22:19
Damn chinese, they are FAST.

ExcruciationX
September 29th, 2006, 22:30
Maybe Dr. Ashen can do a review for this one too...

Junixx
September 29th, 2006, 22:32
Wow another neo double pack lol

Mariopop87
September 29th, 2006, 22:37
Nintendo should sue them.

SSaxdude
September 29th, 2006, 23:36
The screens look so small, and it's probably as flimsy as the other Neo Double games.

ACID
September 29th, 2006, 23:39
Nintendo should sue them.
Why this thing is a joke Nintendo is definitely not scare of being outsold from this gadget.:eek:

kcajblue
September 29th, 2006, 23:56
yeah. Nintendo shouldnt be scared of some cheap ripoff of the Lite.

makes
September 30th, 2006, 00:52
wtf so this thing plays games? no thank you...

i remember my parents brought back some bootleg dvds from china a while back... she bought troy, which has a samuel l jackson film synopsis on the back, and the incredibles which had the synopsis for troy on it! i swear they always screw up something in the process.

Video_freak
September 30th, 2006, 01:26
It's a Lite with crappy screens and a PSP D-pad! :eek:

cloud_952
September 30th, 2006, 02:17
It's a Lite with crappy screens and a PSP D-pad! :eek:

For all we know, they could've used a legit PSP pad, in that case. ^_- The PSP pad does kinda suck.

I own both systems and enjoy them both.. but really, Sony could've done more with the d-pad.

Video_freak
September 30th, 2006, 02:18
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. The PSP D-pad is just like the one in the PS2 controllers...

cloud_952
September 30th, 2006, 02:59
The PSP one, or at least the three PSPs I've used, is a little stiff. Part of that is to blame on the slickness of all the PSP buttons, but they're not quite as sensitive as the PS2 dualshock dpads. ^^ You have to push a little harder to get it to work, and some people have problems with the diagonals.

`The0n3
September 30th, 2006, 16:14
Why this thing is a joke Nintendo is definitely not scare of being outsold from this gadget.:eek:
I think that Nintendo Should sue them because what if a consumer buys this probuct (not saying anyone with a clear mind would) and actuly thinks its a nintendo product and then hates nintendo forevermore.:)

GamerGuyDude
October 1st, 2006, 04:28
Risking sounding like an idiot, I must ask: Does this play NDS game cartridges or something else??

The Hombrew Hunter
October 1st, 2006, 04:53
Unfortunately, idiot sounding.

It plays shitty little games. Nothing NDS.

girardsummer
October 1st, 2006, 05:45
*prays for a review by Dr. Ashen*

Hopefully, hope springs eternal.

BadBoyTC!
October 1st, 2006, 09:06
I dont get, why the people make these ds lite lookalike things

chemical
October 1st, 2006, 11:06
Why do they even bother replicating these consoles?, they must sell like 4... worldwide.

and honestly, if you have the machines to mold the plastic and stuff, how the hell can you **** it up? "Ok heres my DS Lite, lets look at the right side buttons, ok, 2 bigs arrows".... surely anyone with a brain could make it near enough exactly the same.

Anyways, you've gotta be uber dumb to buy any ripoff consoles, there generally as smart as a egg timer..... but not as reliable.

`The0n3
October 1st, 2006, 22:31
Why do they even bother replicating these consoles?, they must sell like 4... worldwide.

and honestly, if you have the machines to mold the plastic and stuff, how the hell can you **** it up? "Ok heres my DS Lite, lets look at the right side buttons, ok, 2 bigs arrows".... surely anyone with a brain could make it near enough exactly the same.

Anyways, you've gotta be uber dumb to buy any ripoff consoles, there generally as smart as a egg timer..... but not as reliable.
See thats the thing they have to look different if they were too much alike they would get sued by Nintendo

But the thing is although they look different enough they will still most likely be sued by Nintendo and I say **** Straight I think anyone willing to go that far to make a buck deserves to get banged!!:mad: