PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live PSP Messenger - BETA BUILD 1.01

wraggster
September 29th, 2006, 23:22
iFind (http://ifind-portal.blogspot.com/2006/09/windows-live-psp-messenger-beta-build.html) has released Windows Live PSP Messenger for the PSP, heres the release details:

Windows Live PSP Messenger

Windows Live PSP Messenger is one of the best looking messenger applications available for the PSP. It retains the same look and feel of the GUI that Windows Live Messenger has on your PC! Windows Live PSP Messenger is also great for portal makers if they want to include a Windows messenger application as it is very compact (1.33MBs) and has many features.

What it Features

Just because it is a Messenger application doesn't mean it's just a Messenger application! It also includes many handy on-the-go links such as eBay , Hotmail, MySpace, P2PSP and news. It doesn't just include links! 12 fun and addictive games are also included inside Windows Live PSP Messenger.

Adding it to Your Portal

Windows Live PSP Messenger can be added to any portal. It's also an ideal choice because of it's minute size. If you would like to add it your portal, ask me!

Isn't This Just One of Those Log-in Screens?

Nope. Although it does use eBuddy. Then how does it work you say? Windows Live PSP Messenger is basically a fram that surrounds eBuddy so it has the same look and feel as the real Windows Live Messenger!

In the .ZIP PAK you will find:

- Windows Live PSP Messenger
- Documented instructions in .HTML
- Promotional banners

Summing up, the features:

- Identical look of Windows Live Messenger
- Handy web links
- Link to P2PSP
- Games (12)
- Small compact size (1.33MBs)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

benh
September 29th, 2006, 23:24
YEESSSS! msn on my psp this is a great release well done

jurkevicz
September 29th, 2006, 23:29
I wonder if it works with fwr 1.5

SSBlind
September 29th, 2006, 23:37
I'm no homebrew noob, but is this for Lua?

watupgroupie
September 29th, 2006, 23:40
no shit it does you should be slapped you godamn noob. im usally forgiving to noobs that can't figure out a program but that's just a dumb question.anyway nice realease look's good i gave up on afkim as i couldn't figure out the "@" sighn on his keyboard to type in my hotmail account.i'll try this one thoe. and for the other guy who asked if it's for lua NO!!

SSBlind
September 29th, 2006, 23:46
It was just a question :rolleyes:.

I laugh.

Anyway, there's no two EBOOTs so I was wondering how it would boot.

Edit: OK Smart guy, tell me how it boots on FW 1.50. Look in the documentation files. It blatantly states it's for FW 2.7 or higher.

PlagueMusic
September 29th, 2006, 23:46

nope only 2.8

Cloudhunter
September 30th, 2006, 00:14
It is designed to run in the web browser of 2.00 upwards. So it will work on 1.5 PSP's using devloader to load 2.xx firmware. It is basically a web portal, and it uses Ebuddy to access msn, and displays it in a sort of "skin".

Cloudy

watupgroupie
September 30th, 2006, 00:19
Everyone first i apologize because i was kinda wrong above (hadn't downloaded the file yet.) i have instructions thoe. everyone with 1.5 just put in a folder called COMMON in the PSP section of your mem. card and put the files in there (because it's coded in html). now launch devhook if u don't have it get off ur ass and get it with 2.71 firmware. now go to the browser and type in "file:/psp/common/screen.html" or "file:/psp/common/wlpm/screen.html" depending on if u extracted it straight to the common folder or just the contents inside the folder to common. i apologize, sorry cya hope this helped.

TCLCloud
September 30th, 2006, 00:38
This is better looking than just ebuddy, that things dam ugly and annoying....

Zion
September 30th, 2006, 00:41
ive been waiting for this :D Nice one

wiedel
September 30th, 2006, 00:48
i´m a big nobb, Where shoud I put the msn file ?:S

Video_freak
September 30th, 2006, 01:14
My prayers have been answered! :eek:

kpaul_nyc
September 30th, 2006, 02:02
no shit it does you should be slapped you godamn noob. im usally forgiving to noobs that can't figure out a program but that's just a dumb question.anyway nice realease look's good i gave up on afkim as i couldn't figure out the "@" sighn on his keyboard to type in my hotmail account.i'll try this one thoe. and for the other guy who asked if it's for lua NO!!
People like you are making this place more like PSPupdates. Give the Guy a break. He probably wanted to ask if this is one of those portal apps that require the browser or a homebrew app.

SSBlind
September 30th, 2006, 02:35
Yes, thank you. You said it was runnable on 1.50 FW so I wanted to know how and then you spazzed at me.

AlinayG
September 30th, 2006, 03:39
FIANLY, i have been waiting for this for ever :D

Pender666
September 30th, 2006, 05:35

IT IS eBuddy - the same uglyness !!!
:mad:

It's a webpage with the apearance of MSN and a frame with ebuddy in it. No emoticons :(

ACID
September 30th, 2006, 06:35
Nice way to advertise. Hey your sig is to big.:eek:
and in topic great release love mi MSN:D

Vangar
September 30th, 2006, 07:01
Most of the people here, have you tried running the ap before saying its a great release? Its still Ebuddy.

Gabba Gandalf
September 30th, 2006, 08:48
how does this work
i know i had to use this with the web browser but how can i start it there

J.J
September 30th, 2006, 11:49
Quite nice this :) thanks very much. I hope development into getting more out of IM on psp continues :P

mr_nick666
September 30th, 2006, 13:05
This might actually intice me into using my PSP for internet access... :rolleyes: We just need a PSP keyboard and I'll be sold! :p

razorak
September 30th, 2006, 13:09
We just need a PSP keyboard and I'll be sold!

If it's ever made i'll most likely end up buying it :)
Ain't going for the GPS unit, not needed where i am and the camera....not very enticing...lol

Dbgtgoten
September 30th, 2006, 16:55
ummm it doesn't have that square keyboard? i always thought ebuddy was slow it would be nice to have the fastness typing of the afkim that is an awesome im messenger for the psp i wish he would work on it more its still missing some key component =/ like sound,visual info that you logged off, etc stuff like that

jurkevicz
September 30th, 2006, 21:18

What's your problem, noob is your mom.

watupgroupie
October 2nd, 2006, 02:41

What's your problem, noob is your mom.ok everyone who posted a reply like this to my other reply i am sorry for that i was in a bad mood. if you scroll down about two posts i tell you that and how to use it if you didn't figure that out. once again i am sorry!!

qwertyuiopasdfghjkl
October 14th, 2006, 12:42
were do u put da file

qwertyuiopasdfghjkl
October 14th, 2006, 12:42
tell
me il pay u

sam h111
October 19th, 2006, 21:24
how do you put it on were you put the files

colbyzacky
October 20th, 2006, 07:01
Can someone give me their Username and Password for PSP Blender? I have really wanted it but I don't have the money. I just want to download the program!

pinkpimp
November 12th, 2006, 17:07
how do i put it on my psp??

Noobtaculus
April 8th, 2007, 13:25
i keep getting "content cannot be displayed"

im running 3.10 oe a2, essentially $ony 3.10

can sum1 help me plz

elchino001
April 27th, 2007, 01:06
Windows Live PSP Messenger is one of the best looking messenger applications available for the PSP. It retains the same look and feel of the GUI that Windows Live Messenger has on your PC! Windows Live PSP Messenger is also great for portal makers if they want to include a Windows messenger application as it is very compact (1.33MBs) and has many features.

elchino001
April 27th, 2007, 01:09
:thumbup: :thumbup: Windows Live PSP Messenger is one of the best looking messenger applications available for the PSP. It retains the same look and feel of the GUI that Windows Live Messenger has on your PC! Windows Live PSP Messenger is also great for portal makers if they want to include a Windows messenger application as it is very compact (1.33MBs) and has many features.

Noobtaculus
April 27th, 2007, 20:12
i keep getting "content cannot be displayed"
help me!!! (or fix the bloody thing!!!)

Triv1um
April 27th, 2007, 22:42
Its only ebuddy...

eww

Noobtaculus
May 1st, 2007, 20:37
lol its crap

teteman
May 4th, 2007, 19:13
They say 2.8
does that mean it also works on 2.81?

Noobtaculus
May 4th, 2007, 20:00
yes
why not try it anyways

stika
June 8th, 2007, 21:26
i´m sorry guys but i´m a bit of a noob, how exactly do i install it? it didnt come with a readme, i am using a PSP woth the firmeware 3.30 OE-A

thanks in advnace =)

theacee
July 2nd, 2007, 00:34
there is a read-me inside the intructions folder

omfgscar
July 8th, 2007, 08:03
It requires internet connection though right? So why not just use ebuddy.com? Way easier than using up space on your memory card

Blakmagik
July 11th, 2007, 02:38
The instructions say you do...but i have sony's 3.4(the one mine came with...) and did everything it said and it works fine!!!!

Blakmagik
July 11th, 2007, 02:39
It requires internet connection though right? So why not just use ebuddy.com? Way easier than using up space on your memory card

It's only 1.33 MB!!!

Noobtaculus
August 28th, 2007, 05:16
k if no1 is gonna fix "content cannot be displayed" im going back 2 ebuddy

idan6767
August 28th, 2007, 10:50
again? , this shit is just a website , not sofware.
i better use MSN mobile.

Noobtaculus
August 29th, 2007, 20:41
ya i know but ive heard that alot of ppl have been getting "contrent cannot be displayed" errors. how do u fix this!!!? I've noticed that they come up if u try to access html files from the psp web browser...
this looks great but doesnt work for me...:(
k bye

idan6767
August 29th, 2007, 21:15
idk i dont haveing any eror with that srry

Twimfy
August 29th, 2007, 23:06
It's pretty cool, but isn't auto update supposed to refresh the page for me? Doesn't seem to work at all, anyway I can alter the time delay on it?

coolboyben05
September 1st, 2007, 21:56
wer do you download fw 2.8

Noobtaculus
September 4th, 2007, 18:44
google it, but just get an m33 firmware cuz it has homebrew too but follow the instryuctions carefully of ull brick howver m33 is easier to install than DAX's firms...

xcushioner
September 28th, 2007, 05:12
Thanks man.

Noobtaculus
November 2nd, 2007, 15:04
ya and now this msn thing is a waste of time cuz they updated eBuddy mobile. If you had it as a book mark, re-google it and just sign in, its great. Theres a new specific page for PSPs and it has a kewl GUI.
not to diss this gr8 app though... :)

o ya and if ur getting content cannot be displayed errors, try KeyCleaner from ChillyWilly. Its great.Shud work, did 4 me.