PDA

View Full Version : Orginal UNreal for PSP

brainpan
September 30th, 2006, 06:29
Anyone interested in porting this to PSP. It was a really good game IMHO not to mention very nice looking. Anyway, SnoopKatt over on the DC side of the street posted this link for the source.

http://www.vgpro.com/file/5986_unrea...c224v.zip.html

Is anyone else even interested in this?

ACID
September 30th, 2006, 06:36
I think theres plenty of people interested. Its just the wetting a team together factor

psiko_scweek
September 30th, 2006, 06:54
hmm.....i forget, how advanced is this compared to Quake 2?

ACID
September 30th, 2006, 06:56
hmm.....i forget, how advanced is this compared to Quake 2?
All though they are bouth first person. They are way different still of games.:D

mcvader
September 30th, 2006, 08:18
It came out around the same time as quake 2, unreal would be a good port, but why not (If the source has been released) do unreal tournament? Imagine Wifi Infrastructure games!!

the_eternal_dark
September 30th, 2006, 09:30
It came out around the same time as quake 2, unreal would be a good port, but why not (If the source has been released) do unreal tournament? Imagine Wifi Infrastructure games!!

Doubtful we will ever see a respectible Unreal Tournament port. Check out the Quake 2 port, playable, but not yet purdy. You could do a clone with Iris though: more reasonable, less work.

MGFox
September 30th, 2006, 10:44

The source has not been released for Unreal Tournament.

The main worry I'd have with a port of Unreal, is the graphical limitations of the PSP. Unreal was increadibly pretty graphic wise, using particle and shader effects not seen before (at that time), and it was especially pretty with its vast outside environments.

I'm just not convinced that the PSP would cope.

I hope I can be proved wrong though.

Cheers,
Fox

Accordion
September 30th, 2006, 18:36
would be nice... original unreal was a really great game

rehbock
September 30th, 2006, 18:47
interesting

brainpan
October 2nd, 2006, 06:42
OK, I am gonna try it. I dont think I now nearly enough to get anywhere with this project but we'll see what happens:) Hopefully this will be a learing experience.

kando
October 2nd, 2006, 06:50
best of luck brainpan! :)

Vangar
October 2nd, 2006, 13:43
There was an official port for dreamcast so hey, its possible.

quzar
October 2nd, 2006, 14:29
There was an official port for dreamcast so hey, its possible.

Where did you get that idea? It's something that's been propagating around this site for quite some time, and I'd really like to know where it started. Was there some sort of newpost saying "the psp can do everything the DC can" ?

Darksaviour69
October 2nd, 2006, 14:33
i think people think " well the dreamcast was a little less powerfull than the PS2, and the PSP is a little less powerfull than the PS2, so they much both be the same".

also unreal was not ported to the DC, Unreal tournament was, a different game

quzar
October 2nd, 2006, 14:36
i think people think " well the dreamcast was a little less powerfull than the PS2, and the PSP is a little less powerfull than the PS2, so they much both be the same".

also unreal was not ported to the DC, Unreal tournament was, a different game

and that starts from the flawed assumption that the DC is less powerfull than the PS2 and continues on to the flawed assumption that the PSP is just a little less powerfull than the PS2.

Darksaviour69
October 2nd, 2006, 14:37
and that starts from the flawed assumption that the DC is less powerfull than the PS2 and continues on to the flawed assumption that the PSP is just a little less powerfull than the PS2.

i was going to post that, but i knew that you would ;)

Vangar
October 3rd, 2006, 01:55
- Unreal torunament is the same engine as Unreal, so i just refered to it as unreal.
- Tell me something that the DC can do that the PSP can't.

quzar
October 3rd, 2006, 04:38
- Tell me something that the DC can do that the PSP can't.

So far?

Full speed Playstation Emulation w/ graphical enhancement.
Shenmue 2.
99% Fullspeed Genesis emulation w/ high compatability and sound
Divx, xvid, vcd, and svcd players.

800x608 resolution.

Keyboard and mouse.

We can do commercial homebrew, and play homebrew out of the box, with no accessories.

We have maraca controllers, lightguns, a camera, karaoke, any saturn emulation (and the prospect of fullspeed saturn emulation in the future), and a DC can be connected to my 72inch widescreen hdtv via VGA and output widescreen video at 480p.

that's a sampling of things the DC can do that the psp cant.

edit: oh yea, and we have kos, which is arguably the most advanced set of homebrew dev libraries for any console.

brainpan
October 3rd, 2006, 05:46
OH GOHHHHD!!! I hope this doesnt turn into a DC vs PSP flamefest.:D

Cap'n 1time
October 3rd, 2006, 06:37
OH GOHHHHD!!! I hope this doesnt turn into a DC vs PSP flamefest.:D

between you and me... the DC would win.

also to the creator of this thread it was SPECIFICALLY stated not to ask for a port of the unreal engine. your a moron for not reading to rules and even more of a moron for not seeing the constantly inforced no source = no port statment. TAKE THE TIME AND RESEARCH DINGLE BERRIES!

very first thing on the list.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19677

I am fairly certain the link you posted does not point you to the source code of epics Unreal Engine, but rather some software and scrips for modifying it. feel free to try to prove me wrong.

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 06:41
Yup DC pwns

1timeuser why didn't u just close this thread?

ACID
October 3rd, 2006, 06:43
between you and me... the DC would win.

also to the creator of this thread it was SPECIFICALLY stated not to ask for a port of the unreal engine. your a moron for not reading to rules and even more of a moron for not seeing the constantly inforced no source = no port statment. TAKE THE TIME AND RESEARCH DINGLE BERRIES!

very first thing on the list.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19677
Wow a little on the edge today 1timeuser. Second persond i see you go berserk on.:eek: Any ways DC will win hands down.

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 06:47
Same thing happen to me a while ago i asked for a port but no source code, he let me off easy but its cool how he regulates us punks haha