PDA

View Full Version : Quake 3

peens
September 30th, 2006, 12:26
can anyone host a quake 3 server? i was just wondering if anyone wanted to play some quake3 online. if anyone is interested(if its still possible to do) then we should set something up. get some people in on it. anyway, thanks.

JKKDARK
September 30th, 2006, 15:05
There are some Q3 unofficial servers. But I don't know if it is allowed to post here.

Smurph
September 30th, 2006, 16:17
There are some Q3 unofficial servers. But I don't know if it is allowed to post here.

Why wouldn't we? ID and sega released the software to host them.

peens
October 1st, 2006, 03:38
so anyone up for playing online then? i know there are unofficial servers and private servers. i just dont know how to get to them or if i can, host one myself. anyway, if anyone is up for this having a little quake online fragfest would be quite enjoyable.
thanks

lo
October 1st, 2006, 07:53
so anyone up for playing online then? i know there are unofficial servers and private servers. i just dont know how to get to them or if i can, host one myself. anyway, if anyone is up for this having a little quake online fragfest would be quite enjoyable.
thanks
There are 14 Quake III servers for DreamCast online (now).
Example:
http://dcarena.de/phgstats/index.php?sh_srv=1
http://dcarena.de/phgstats/index.php?sh_srv=0

You need the US version of Quake III to play online (DreamCast).
There are no more servers needed, but players.
Hope to see you soon.
Thx for playing...

Greetz
lo_

peens
October 5th, 2006, 23:27
excellent. i will be online in no time. so all i do is jsut type in the server I.P.? are there any servers with more people in them usually than others? thanks

EDIT: lo, could you send me a link of all the servers currently online? i went to that site but it was all foreign and i couldnt read it.. also do you yourself play quake online? i hope some people still play.. i guess i could just shoot walls....

Darksaviour69
October 6th, 2006, 09:19
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/portal.php

peens
October 6th, 2006, 11:08
thanks Darksaviour

lo
October 8th, 2006, 13:01
EDIT: lo, could you send me a link of all the servers currently online? i went to that site but it was all foreign and i couldnt read it.. also do you yourself play quake online? i hope some people still play.. i guess i could just shoot walls....

If you have the US version of Quake III, the servers are automatically scanned, but if you need a list I'll make one.
You can pm me of you like to play.
At fridays there should some players up for weekly meeting ( ~8 pm cet).

Greetz
lo_

peens
October 18th, 2006, 23:33
when i connect to the mail lobby there are no servers at all.. there should be at least a few should there not? i read in the link form darksaviour, that the servers are down for a bit for repair or something, yo know anything about that?

Smurph
October 18th, 2006, 23:50
when i connect to the mail lobby there are no servers at all.. there should be at least a few should there not? i read in the link form darksaviour, that the servers are down for a bit for repair or something, yo know anything about that?

Protip: Buy NTSC-U Q3A. PAL is offline, due to dreamarena being dead.

peens
October 25th, 2006, 12:29
i have the US version, iw ill check online again to see if i can get a server again.

Smurph
October 25th, 2006, 23:06
i have the US version, iw ill check online again to see if i can get a server again.

Oh. My bad, 'Mail Lobby' sounded something like would have been in DA. That being said, try a different dial-up ISP.

peens
November 5th, 2006, 06:49
i can connect to the net using web browser and look up pages so i know it connects, just cant connect to the master server, and i meant main lobby it was a typo. there is an option to type in the address of a server in the lobby, cant i use that?

ßüboni¢ $oñic
November 8th, 2006, 17:08
the problem has always been players not servers. id like to know how many ppl still play PC Q3 and how to find a way to link my DC to their servers. I mean if sum1 can get DC, PC, AND GC players on PSO it shouldnt be hard to get us on PC servers since at sum levels the game was meant to be interconsole. maybe evven PC Q3 on PC Q4