PDA

View Full Version : Dragonminded Quits the Scene

wraggster
October 1st, 2006, 10:07
Whenever a coder leaves any scene its sad, in this case hes the coder of the rather excellent DSOrganize, obviously theres events beyond this site thats affected his decision:

**** the Scene

I'm flat out tired of this bullshit. There is nothing but rot left in the DS scene. From SC splitting the scene to card makers not releasing drivers and everything inbetween, it is just ****ing ROTTEN. I quit. Good ****ing riddance. I hope you are happy. If you want to complain about this, go see the people in #dsdev and #mellowdsdev on efnet

Later he posted this:

How DARE You StoneCypher

This isn't about the shit you have caused in #dsdev and #mellowdsdev. This isn't about the lies you spread, or any of the bullshit you cause. This is directly between you and me. How DARE you use my blog comments to spread your ****ing shit on how I am a liar. You have some nerve after all that you have said to me and about me. I don't care how vehemently you deny these alligations to the public. For all I care, you can spread your propaganda all over the scene channels and all over the forums. But I KNOW that you know what you did, and I KNOW you know how you treated me, and yet, you use my blog against me.

Lets hope issues get resolved, more info here --> http://dragonminded.blogspot.com/

iball
October 1st, 2006, 10:19
What the fcuk?

http://www.overclocked.org/img/OC142a.jpg

The Hombrew Hunter
October 1st, 2006, 10:54
What The **** indeed!

dejkirkby
October 1st, 2006, 10:56
This is sad. It shows that some people have no respect for what coders are doing for the scene. It's all take, take, take. Sad.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 1st, 2006, 10:59
Probably some douche from QJ. The asswhacks.

Vegetable
October 1st, 2006, 11:41
LOL! Drama.

lexluthor
October 1st, 2006, 12:05
Bummer.. I really wanted to see where DSOrganize was going.

JKKDARK
October 1st, 2006, 14:08
I can't believe :(

zanysmash
October 1st, 2006, 14:47
sad :(

Junixx
October 1st, 2006, 15:02
Dang that sucks, and yes wtf

jergens
October 1st, 2006, 15:35
Ahhhh nerd wars!!!
People take things so seriously from idiots on the other side of the world.

SwordOfZork
October 1st, 2006, 15:45
Its always sad to see a coder go. They never get any respect, it seems.

Still, he needs to suck it up. People are going to be complete jerks online for non-understandable reasons, and theres nothing you can do about it.

chemical
October 1st, 2006, 16:06
What a girl.

Atmoshuo
October 1st, 2006, 16:12
what a pussy.. some guy throws shit at him and he quits ??

Seriously, this is the freaking internet, what does he care what others say?

Oh well, some one else might just continue it, seeing that the source code has been released..

shadowcolt22
October 1st, 2006, 16:44
I don't get it. I know he quit cuz he was mad, but what happened? He said SC split something and that some guy was lying about him? What did they split? What were the lies?

Cless_Elric
October 1st, 2006, 17:00
Peeps need to learn how to chill, this insecure BS is disgusting.

chemical
October 1st, 2006, 17:01
I don't get it. I know he quit cuz he was mad, but what happened? He said SC split something and that some guy was lying about him? What did they split? What were the lies?

SC Stole his boyfriend.

:-[

iball
October 1st, 2006, 17:27
Probably some douche from QJ. The asswhacks.
Prove that?
Oh, that's right...you can't because QJ is pretty silent on it. Not a thread topic on it in sight.
The DS-homebrew-using community over there is miniscule.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 1st, 2006, 17:30
That makes it less fun. But with the posts you see in this thread, I understand what he was talking about.

Disrespectful indeed!

souLLy
October 1st, 2006, 17:51
without knowing the full story I don't know why people are commenting he's a pussy or otherwise, all we do know is it's a shame to lose one of the most promising projects on the ds

Payk
October 1st, 2006, 18:41
>>chemical shut up ur ***ing asshole... Who are, huh? Damn u dont know what ppl have to hear from other ppls. Its a shame, the behavier in internet...
I was called nazi for beeing, german. It frustrated me badly. (at least because i am jewish. But even if not...) That asshole who said it over and over again , turned out to be a child (like chemical, i guess) After knowing that, i found it funny strange how some silly children can make such an effect. But not on me anymore. The other thing is that flashcardproducers make coding for them not very easy. You change a bit there and it works for a certain card again, but for another one not anymore. And vice versa. Maybe Dragonminded found something strange out. Maybe that incombatibility was a target from some producers. We dont know, just can guess what was going on exactly. For the future i am just going to support what supports the scene, too. This all is a dirty business. Forums fake reviews, because of money (maxcons0le for example) other are fakeing homebrew support. Another flashcard tells they were a development device without having supported chishm with his fatlib....and then somebody like chemical comes and calls Dragonminded to be a dramaqueen. Just because nobody wants to be his friend and his parents dont give him atention. F**K U!

jojotjuh
October 1st, 2006, 19:14
ai
this hurtrs

and this proves the world hasnt got respect anymore
as the internet is the new world for most people (z0mg!!! n3rd!!!)

subfreak
October 1st, 2006, 20:24
There are those who have talent and have worked hard to achieve it, and those who are jealous of that talent in all walks of life.

It is a shame that we cant all just shut the &^%k up and listen and learn rather than try to further inflate our own ego's.

Shame to see you go :(

Qerppsmmnx
October 1st, 2006, 20:58
EXACTLY PAYK!

Some people suck, and make people like Dragonminded feel pressure and eventually quit! It is too much to ask to make something compatible with other cards. AND DID YOU SEE WHAT HE DID SO FAR? SO WE SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT HE DID SO FAR. SO ALL THERE IS TO BE IS SAD THAT HE DECIDED TO LEAVE ON A BAD NOTE! If he decided to leave, because its a lot of work, and he was tired. Yea that would be sad, but he did it on his own accord, and he knew his options. But For THOSE F#$KERS WHO PUSHED HIM OVER THE EDGE! IF HE KEPT GOING ON SOMETHING UNDER PRESSURE IT POSSIBLE WOULD NOT END UP WELL!

So Dragonminded,

Thank you for your contribution!

chemical
October 1st, 2006, 22:20
>>chemical shut up ur ***ing asshole... Who are, huh? Damn u dont know what ppl have to hear from other ppls. Its a shame, the behavier in internet...
I was called nazi for beeing, german. It frustrated me badly. (at least because i am jewish. But even if not...) That asshole who said it over and over again , turned out to be a child (like chemical, i guess) After knowing that, i found it funny strange how some silly children can make such an effect. But not on me anymore. The other thing is that flashcardproducers make coding for them not very easy. You change a bit there and it works for a certain card again, but for another one not anymore. And vice versa. Maybe Dragonminded found something strange out. Maybe that incombatibility was a target from some producers. We dont know, just can guess what was going on exactly. For the future i am just going to support what supports the scene, too. This all is a dirty business. Forums fake reviews, because of money (maxcons0le for example) other are fakeing homebrew support. Another flashcard tells they were a development device without having supported chishm with his fatlib....and then somebody like chemical comes and calls Dragonminded to be a dramaqueen. Just because nobody wants to be his friend and his parents dont give him atention. F**K U!

This is kind of an example of what I'm saying, i make two litte joke posts and you get all upset about it, I'm not saying I disrepect coders and such, I don't, I appreciate what they do, but people are taking things way to seriously and i always find that funny.

Nazi isn't a nice thing to be called, neithers some racial comment, but there just words, if some kid in the middle of no where calls you a nazi over and over.. sure its annoying, but you don't need to take it so seriously, just forget about them, if the guys tired of doing what hes doing then fine, but it sound more like he quit because of some guy pissing him off, and no matter how bad somebody ebullies, its nothing to get worked up about.

Its the internet, you're talking to strangers, who cares what they call you....

and I'm 16, you may consider that a child or not, but I don't care (see how that works ;) )

Mage_of_Flames
October 1st, 2006, 23:39
If this is true then I just died inside a little.

Payk
October 2nd, 2006, 01:45
OK Chemical.
I see u can act like an adult ;) SO never mind it. But it was just somekind wrong place to make joke. I am open for jokes, too. Like Qerppsmmnx said, it would be sad if dragonmind would leave with a favor like this. For me i just can say, that i enjoyed his app more then all others (especially because when ds is closed, u just can listen using headphones!). His ideas, straight and simple menus were awesome. I am very thankfully for his source (even i am bad in understanding codes written from other ppls.). Its to bad that many ideas others would have, never will reach his app. Anyway thanx for that cool organizer!

ikarimaru
October 2nd, 2006, 03:10
Jesus, I completely enjoy DSOrganize. It's so sad to see a developer leave because of a few people. I'm not a coder, but I still enjoy the scene. I hate to see stuff like this happen because innovation takes the hit and we all suffer... Poor guy :(

Deburner
October 2nd, 2006, 11:44
I wasn't way too surprised. There are alot of different homebrew things so I'm assuming he'll pop up again eventually. Maybe in 360 homebrew for all I know.

Anywayz there is something about the DS which makes me not homebrew for it anymore either. Its got all these capabilites which devs wanna use, but we don't know how to, yet...

DimensionT
October 2nd, 2006, 23:49
Damn, I comeback from a good weekend to some bad news... :(

10 posts since his join date in July and one of them was used to call a great DS coder a pussy? :mad:

At least Chemical's posts were somewhat light-hearted. Calling someone a pussy is an atempt to start shit in any context.

kcajblue
October 3rd, 2006, 00:09
Damn, I comeback from a good weekend to some bad news... :(

10 posts since his join date in July and one of them was used to call a great DS coder a pussy? :mad:

At least Chemical's posts were somewhat light-hearted. Calling someone a pussy is an atempt to start shit in any context.i dont think that the number of posts or join date matters. the thing that mattters is that he called Dragonminded a pussy. there is no need for name calling here. because it will start some shit and it wont be nice.

brennxn
October 3rd, 2006, 00:21
You guys are ****ing idiots, as souLLy said. You don't know anything about what's been going on, yet you comment like your, "lolomg what a ***" comments are productive.

As he said in his blog post, the IRC drama isn't the only reason he left anyways. The M3 team, and others, made keeping such a large project up a difficult task.

Not that any of the kiddies on here will read this anyway..

DragonMinded
October 3rd, 2006, 00:23

You are what you eat ;)

Don't believe me, ask your mom ;P

kcajblue
October 3rd, 2006, 00:24
You guys are ****ing idiots, as souLLy said. You don't know anything about what's been going on, yet you comment like your, "lolomg what a ***" comments are productive.

As he said in his blog post, the IRC drama isn't the only reason he left anyways. The M3 team, and others, made keeping such a large project up a difficult task.

Not that any of the kiddies on here will read this anyway..i didnt call anyone a ***. i just dont want people to make fun of the coders.

souLLy
October 3rd, 2006, 00:28
Lets cool it guys, I don't wanna have to lock this thread

kcajblue
October 3rd, 2006, 00:35
it might be a good idea to lock this thread because all everyones been posting hasnt been in line with the rules.

2: No Flaming for any reason.
Do not post anything consider insulting

Joel92
October 3rd, 2006, 01:10
cool it, fellas. dragonminded was a good coder, and we are sad to see him go. period. we dont need all the details, rumors, and smart remarks people are coming up with.

lets just leave it at that.

kcajblue
October 3rd, 2006, 01:29
/\ exactly

brennxn
October 4th, 2006, 01:33
i didnt call anyone a ***. i just dont want people to make fun of the coders.

Then that wasn't directed towards you..?

obviously?

And sorry, my above post was out of line, but it's like some people read the title, without reading the content; then make stupid remarks about DragonMinded.

kcajblue
October 4th, 2006, 01:38
Then that wasn't directed towards you..?

obviously?well. you didnt specify who you were speaking to, and you posted after me so thats why i thought that.

wolfpack
October 4th, 2006, 02:08
what the hell?.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!

Jexxel
February 16th, 2007, 19:16
Wtf?
I Love Dsorganizer!

:(:(:(

Kiwiclx
February 16th, 2007, 19:25
Jexxel: This is old news. Dragonminded has returned from his hiatus. :)

Shrygue
February 16th, 2007, 19:30
This is terrible to hear, Dragonmided quitting the scene... :(

Kiwiclx
February 16th, 2007, 19:38
This is why bumping old news threads isn't such a hot idea. :(