PDA

View Full Version : News from The Chuckster

wraggster
October 1st, 2006, 10:24
Heres what the author of Stella and Doom for the DS posted at his site:

My graphics card has been overheating. I moved some of the PCI cards away from it and took canned air upon it, but the damage has already been done. So that puts an end to my programming for a while because anything graphically intensive (even X Windows) causes it to lock up. I would greatly appreciate help in this way. If you have any extra cards laying around or happen to work for NVidia or ATI and can spare me a card, your help will not go unnoticed, so drop me a line using the Contact link to the left.

I've made some contributions in my spare time to the DS homebrew community, and a lot of people use and appreciate such projects as StellaDS and DS Doom, which I have made free of charge for everyone to enjoy. I've also helped as much people who have had technical problems with my software as I've had time to. Not to mention, I have shared the source code to three of my projects, making my intellectual property available to any budding programmers to look at. Hopefully, the right eyes are reading this (and a lot do :).

I also snuck in some time to make a short page for DS Doom that has a few extra DS Doom related stuff (stats, Carmack quote, movie) and points to the actual DS Doom site.

More info --> http://thechuckster.homelinux.com/