PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book DS

wraggster
October 1st, 2006, 10:30
News/release from Paco_777 (http://teamnnc.free.fr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1510)

Hello,
Here is My first DS project : "Comic Book DS".
It's a comic book viewer.

You can already download a sample of a comic book "La Vie de Norman"
A fully fonctionnal V1 should be soon available, allowing everyone to convert their comic books.

More information and download here :
http://gnese.free.fr/NDS/ComicBookDS/

hope you'll like it !

Download at Link Above:

Amethyst
October 1st, 2006, 12:13
Ooh, it does .cbr files! Now I can read Fillerbunny on the go without lugging my laptop around or having to worry about tearing my comic!

devious_fx
October 1st, 2006, 12:32
This looks fabulous! Can't wait to see the PC side of the program, hopefully it doesn't add too much overhead to the comic size. Why not simply load the comic .zip from the memory card?

Anyway, i love the interface. Will show my support if u put up a paypal donate button =) For now i'll just click the ad.

Paco_777
October 1st, 2006, 13:12

The .nds file is almost the same size of the cbz file.
The final size of the .nds must be less than 32 Mb (then some really big comic books may need to be splitted).
The PC tool should do this automatically.

I need to do some preprocessing on the PC for a quick display (technically, each page is resized 3 times : the real size, the miniature and the thumbnail)

moreover, unzipping a big zip file on the DS may take some time, and i'm not sure about the (future) compatibility of the FAT drivers.
I may study a FAT solution in a future version.

Kasimir2007
October 1st, 2006, 14:17

The .nds file is almost the same size of the cbz file.
The final size of the .nds must be less than 32 Mb (then some really big comic books may need to be splitted).
The PC tool should do this automatically.

I need to do some preprocessing on the PC for a quick display (technically, each page is resized 3 times : the real size, the miniature and the thumbnail)

moreover, unzipping a big zip file on the DS may take some time, and i'm not sure about the (future) compatibility of the FAT drivers.
I may study a FAT solution in a future version.

Excellent Paco, j'espere que ce sera compatible pour ma G6 lite plus tard, comme je vois qu'il risque d'y avoir des probleme avec le Fat, je suis donc concerné .... le G6 et formater en Fat snif!

fischju
October 1st, 2006, 14:23
will the pc side program be able to add ndsloader.bin for supercards?

oh wow, this is my first post lol......

Shadowblind
October 1st, 2006, 14:39
Now I always thought Hombrew would be the one to make this. o_0

Nice work though!

Paco_777
October 1st, 2006, 15:21
i have a supercard and i just put the .sc.nds file on my SD card. There is apparently no need to add the ndsloader.bin
(tell me if i'm wrong ... it may be specific to my supercard).

Regarding the G6, are you sure it's not compatible . i guess it's like with any other homebrew.

To the G6 users, have you tryed one of the 3 files "La Vie de Norman" on my page : http://gnese.free.fr/NDS/ComicBookDS/#download
none of them are working ?

Sorry, i don't know much yet about all the different card specifications.

Hateshinai
October 1st, 2006, 16:39
fantastic work. Keep it up!

linus_south
October 1st, 2006, 20:37
thanks paco_777 i have wanted something like this since i first got a homebrew device.

Kasimir2007
October 1st, 2006, 22:14
i have a supercard and i just put the .sc.nds file on my SD card. There is apparently no need to add the ndsloader.bin
(tell me if i'm wrong ... it may be specific to my supercard).

Regarding the G6, are you sure it's not compatible . i guess it's like with any other homebrew.

To the G6 users, have you tryed one of the 3 files "La Vie de Norman" on my page : http://gnese.free.fr/NDS/ComicBookDS/#download
none of them are working ?

Sorry, i don't know much yet about all the different card specifications.

"La Vie de Norman" marche impeccable sur mon G6 avec le "La Vie De Norman.ds.gba".

Tres beau travail .... si par la suite on peut mettre des musiques pour chaques vignettes que l'on regarde ca risquera d'etre GRAND !

J'imagine les chroniques de la lune noirs avec musique d'ambience derriere
....... ou meme un album photo ... Grandiose!

J'espere que le logiciel que tu es en train de faire sur pc sera compatible Vista (snif ! je suis testeur et tout ne marche pas niveau compatibilité .....)

Bonne continuation.....

(Sorry, i don't speak english because I do not want of it lol)

:D

Rasputin
October 1st, 2006, 22:36
Looks pretty nice. Looking forward to V1. :D

Himura
October 2nd, 2006, 04:12
This is excellent. I await V1 anxiously.

welka
October 12th, 2006, 15:02
You could still do preprocessing on the pc side and have it create a new cbr, cbz, zip, or rar with no compression containing all the thumbnails and such. Or it could create a folder structure to send to the cart.

I think this solution would be the best, as it would allow for comics and graphic novels over 32MB.

P.S. Thanks for the program. Its set up is perfect. I've already used it to read I Feel Sick 1 & 2 (again).