PDA

View Full Version : PS1P WIP News Update - DCEMU Exclusive - PSOne Emu for PSP Coming Soon

Pages : [1] 2

wraggster
October 1st, 2006, 11:06
Yesterday i recieved a new update to the progression of the unreleased PS1 Emulator for the PSP called PS1P, heres the news from the Anonymous Coder:

- Fullscreen. Looks just beautiful :) I cut a small slice at the top & bottom of the PS1 screen to reduce the distortion. Most games look perfectly fine since a real TV would also cut parts of the display.
- Several speed optimizations--should be noticeably faster.
- More compatibility--I can get past the car in FF8 now :)

Note that the GPU is still in software and there's no dynarec yet either.

No release date is know as of yet but you never know when a release will happen, as before DCEmu is the only place to get this news so if you see some faker posting that its gonna be released at such a time youll know its a lie.

Anyway i got a new beta to test :)

jimmi
October 1st, 2006, 11:10
Wraggster stop teasin us man ! i cannot wait for this its gna rock !

Exoskeletor
October 1st, 2006, 11:10
great man :). test it and tell us your results. i hope dynarec will be ready soon.
How's the speed? can you test some "hard" games and tell us the fps?

saward85
October 1st, 2006, 11:11
cool, hopefully there will be a 2.8 downgrade soon so i can use this when it comes out

Kramer
October 1st, 2006, 11:13
hopefully this time when you say soon you actually mean it.

Mr. Shizzy
October 1st, 2006, 11:20
Wow. I can't wait. :D

Prasoc
October 1st, 2006, 11:23
OMG Not suspense again :(

kersplatty
October 1st, 2006, 11:27
jus give us it alredy :mad: :o oj so no ideas is release will be in a day or a few months?

unit999cn
October 1st, 2006, 11:40
SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!

but I can't wait T_T.....OMG!!!!!

Veskgar
October 1st, 2006, 11:45
Oh man, Full Screen, faster SPEED, & better compatibility?

If that is called a SMALL update, this EMU just might turn out to be amazing.

Thank you AC (Anonymous Coder)

bogalog
October 1st, 2006, 11:47
cool update, lots of progress on this emu
I'm so jealous of you Wraggster lol

Malksta
October 1st, 2006, 11:58
Rawr!, Lucky Wraggster :(

hack.fool
October 1st, 2006, 12:00
you're a lucky man:) IwannaBeBetaTesterToooooO!!
ehy wragg please play Final F. 7 for us:D
I already made iso of my psone gamez...now just can't wait!!
.. Go Anonymous Coder, GOOO!

edit: but if I wanna play with my savedata from psone memorycard...what to do?

Baboon
October 1st, 2006, 12:03
Hey this looks very promising! :)

I've just got back from my hol's and theres info on a soon to be released PS1 emu! ...get on! :)

I've got a few orignial ps1 games still... do we know yet how to convert them so its playable on this new emu? ...or can you not rip em yourself and have to aquire them in some other way??

hack.fool
October 1st, 2006, 12:08
Hey this looks very promising! :)

I've just got back from my hol's and theres info on a soon to be released PS1 emu! ...get on! :)

I've got a few orignial ps1 games still... do we know yet how to convert them so its playable on this new emu? ...or can you not rip em yourself and have to aquire them in some other way??

just get Alcohol 120%...;)

Kramer
October 1st, 2006, 12:12
@Baboon
I dont think wraggster knows the meaning off soon, so dont worry you have plenty off time to dump your games.

Baboon
October 1st, 2006, 12:15
just get Alcohol 120%...;)

Ok i'll give it a try. :D I've checked and I can get a 30 day free trial so that should give me plenty of time to rip the few games I've got. :) ...I might wait though for the actual release of this PS1 emu though and see for myself how good it really is first.

I'm gonna purchase a few cheap PS1 games in town today, cause the only ones I've still got are Super Pang collection, Cacpom generations, Tenchu and Strider (most of these are now poor compared to NJ's arcade conversions).

Thanks for the info.

Anger
October 1st, 2006, 12:15
why doesnt he just release what he has? i mean why tease the entire community if his emulator is already better than that other one? its getting seriously annoying coming to dcemu to see yet another post of 'this is slightly better, that is slightly better' but still no release. it wouldnt be as bad if we heard no news then one day a release rather than a tease every second day.

Baboon
October 1st, 2006, 12:16
@Baboon
I dont think wraggster knows the meaning off soon, so dont worry you have plenty off time to dump your games.

I wont hold my breath for it yet then! lol

unit999cn
October 1st, 2006, 12:18
I wont hold my breath for it yet then! lol

the same to you:D

gelon
October 1st, 2006, 12:23
FF8 working! Wow! Nice

enekomh
October 1st, 2006, 12:26
Wraggster, now that you have a beta, could you make some shots (or a vídeo if possible) to see the improvements? Thanks in advance.

bogalog
October 1st, 2006, 12:31
yeh, using that devhook screen capture thingy

lamo_PSP_king
October 1st, 2006, 12:35
Tell Me When,tell ,me When,tell Me When! Plz I Cant Bloody Wait Wraggster If I Give You My Email Address Do You Think U Could Send Me.............;-)

lamo_PSP_king
October 1st, 2006, 12:35
Lol Joke

rehbock
October 1st, 2006, 12:37
nice news with nice job ac ... hm if you can get till cars in ff8 the thing is speedy... otherways it take a couple of hours with 5 fps

unit999cn
October 1st, 2006, 12:37
Coming Soon~~~~~!!!!BABY!!!

S34MU5
October 1st, 2006, 12:43
cant wait. so many gams i wana play....

jimmi
October 1st, 2006, 12:44
:D :D i need this now... im orderin ff9 off the net now ! i love that game and now il b able 2 play it at home and on the go !

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 1st, 2006, 12:48
MMM not been rude lol were sick of hearing coming soon WE WANT A RELEASE !!.lol

Kramer
October 1st, 2006, 12:56
No release date is know as of yet but you never know when a release will happen, as before DCEmu is the only place to get this news so if you see some faker posting that its gonna be released at such a time youll know its a lie.
I thought the title said coming soon I must be seeing things:confused:

lol

But seriously wraggster stop saying coming soon because it's starting to piss people off.;)

luthor_70
October 1st, 2006, 12:57
Release it or die !

(I'm joking !)

Tomppa
October 1st, 2006, 13:09
Every day we see that it's coming soon, getting better, etc. I hope that this project keeps advancing at this rate after the release too :)

grobda
October 1st, 2006, 13:35
this teasing is tiresome. its vapourware until its released. 'soon' is the most loathed word for gamers.

JD/
October 1st, 2006, 13:37
I think its good to get regular updates of how the emu is going if it bothers people that much then try and avoid news :P

psx-p
October 1st, 2006, 13:42
wohoo!
i cant wait :D i heard www.psx-p.com wil have it too with the games.
does anyone know where i can download the playstation one emulator for PSP from meanwhile?

Mr.Denny
October 1st, 2006, 13:45
Sounds great!! :D

Wraggster, you should post some screens when you get the time. It would satisfy people to a certain extent.

Exoskeletor
October 1st, 2006, 13:47
wraggster please upload a video if you can. we want to see it in action :). can you ask him when dynarec will will be ready?

Broonale
October 1st, 2006, 13:49
Carrots go bad after a while.

psychadelicious
October 1st, 2006, 13:50
Does this thing have sound wraggster?

Baboon
October 1st, 2006, 13:58
Theres nothing wrong with a bit teasing and promotion, cause its making everyone quite excited at how good this is (possibly) gonna be, But In the imortal words of Flavour Flav from Public Enemy... "Don't believe the hype". lol

GranTurismo 2 on PSP does sound yumiee though! :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 1st, 2006, 13:59
TOOO MANY QUESTIONS and no answers come on Wraggy :).
Please answer.

does it have sound ?
Any idea when dynarec will be implemented ?
And whens the earliest chance of a release ?
Whats frame rate like with games like tekken and other beatem ups ?
Thanks...

benn
October 1st, 2006, 14:01

yeah it's getting a little sore now wraggs. you made your point already. so ur the only person in the world with a beta. any chance you can just relay the news without digging the blade in from now on?
im not dissin you, i am just saying that us users are going through an emotional hell here while we wait for every tiny detail and dream of the release. the joy of you playing it and giving us the news is starting to get replaced with envy, jealousy, bitterness etc. i got nothing but love for you and dcemu but that is being strecthed with your smug little comments and smilies.

PSPages
October 1st, 2006, 14:01
Thats it now Wraggster, Use both hands and rub it in! :p

Want a wooden spoon to stir it up a bit more? :D

mbr7
October 1st, 2006, 14:05
Is it really true??

20% no 70% Yes 10% its a lie...

Wraggster is verrrrrrrrryyy trusted and have never made a lie on dcemu what I know so most likely this is REAL but How come the developer is anymous ????
and how come if it is that good and not realest yet???

How come only wraggster gets the news???'

Okay as you can see there is a BIT of connection there if you try hard and start to brainstorm ...

I think The Big question is WHY anymous coder??
afraid of getting involved in Piracy ??
Not Real Fake Project??

Dont blame me this is just some thoughts

Lodis
October 1st, 2006, 14:10
Is it really true??

20% no 70% Yes 10% its a lie...

Wraggster is verrrrrrrrryyy trusted and have never made a lie on dcemu what I know so most likely this is REAL but How come the developer is anymous ????
and how come if it is that good and not realest yet???

How come only wraggster gets the news???'

Okay as you can see there is a BIT of connection there if you try hard and start to brainstorm ...

I think The Big question is WHY anymous coder??
afraid of getting involved in Piracy ??
Not Real Fake Project??

Dont blame me this is just some thoughts

I would have thought it was very obvious why the coder has remained annoynmous. Why make it easier for Sony to prevent the progress of a homebrew Ps1 emulator by letting them know exactly who released it. The coder gains little by stating who he is, take a look at the bigger picture and most of your questions will be answered. :rolleyes:

fly_x
October 1st, 2006, 14:15
can you tell us some tests about your new beta?
fullscreen?can u give us a shot or a short video to know it?in that case,well get more hopes and more trusts!;)

splodger15
October 1st, 2006, 14:31
Can't wait

John Vattic
October 1st, 2006, 14:31
Carrots go bad after a while.

lol. Very well said.

mbr7
October 1st, 2006, 14:32
I would have thought it was very obvious why the coder has remained annoynmous. Why make it easier for Sony to prevent the progress of a homebrew Ps1 emulator by letting them know exactly who released it. The coder gains little by stating who he is, take a look at the bigger picture and most of your questions will be answered. :rolleyes:

good thinking...

Mr.Denny
October 1st, 2006, 14:38
yeah it's getting a little sore now wraggs. you made your point already. so ur the only person in the world with a beta. any chance you can just relay the news without digging the blade in from now on?
im not dissin you, i am just saying that us users are going through an emotional hell here while we wait for every tiny detail and dream of the release. the joy of you playing it and giving us the news is starting to get replaced with envy, jealousy, bitterness etc. i got nothing but love for you and dcemu but that is being strecthed with your smug little comments and smilies.

Give me a break.

It`s only a emulator at the end of the day. Wragg hasn`t been smug whatsoever in my opinion. Sit put and enjoy the hype i say.

Kramer
October 1st, 2006, 14:44
It just pisses me off when he says coming soon but he doesnt even know when it's going to be released.

canwemakelove
October 1st, 2006, 14:46
yo ur lucky ur even getin an emu soon.

Alucard
October 1st, 2006, 14:53
It'll be out when it's out. Until then, stop complaining because it's not released. Just let things be, your only hurting things by bitching about it.

Wrag,

The only thing I would like to know is FPS. I just wonder how quick the games run. Maybe you can do a quick posting on that with a couple of peoples favorite games. I would love to know the speed of Castlevania and some of the x games.

Mr.Denny
October 1st, 2006, 14:54
It just pisses me off when he says coming soon but he doesnt even know when it's going to be released.

True but i can only assume to coder has told Wrag it`ll be "soon".

Let`s not get bitter guys, it will be here eventually. :)

splodger15

Unfair

JKKDARK
i can't wait for this emu :)

splodger15
October 1st, 2006, 14:56
i can't wait for this emu :)

Same here

Kramer
October 1st, 2006, 14:59
It'll be out when it's out. Until then, stop complaining because it's not released. Just let things be, your only hurting things by bitching about it.

Lol im not worried about when it's released.
But the thing is theres no need to say coming soon every WIP update.

aries2k4
October 1st, 2006, 15:00
Great news from Wraggster, the ultimate teaser, lol. news about updates is good. A little expectation and suspence ain´t going to kill anyone but I do hope "soon" means soon. If you tease a dog with a bone to much eventually he´ll go rabid on you!!
Anychance of some more screens or video?
Well anyway I still have time to find my copy of Resident Evil until this comes out. Where the hell did I put it???,lol

splodger15
October 1st, 2006, 15:00
But the thing is theres no need to say coming soon every WIP update.

true

slayer2psp
October 1st, 2006, 15:17
too funny just wait for the real one from sony you know that will work.

phenikx
October 1st, 2006, 15:25
hey guyzz i dont think wraggster would be posting 4 a while......hes too busy PLAYING :D

S34MU5
October 1st, 2006, 15:26
cannot wait for this!!!!
got all my ps1 games ripped already!

Xiro
October 1st, 2006, 15:28
Wraggster: Can you use the devhook video module to take a small vid of its improvements? I know last time you used your phone, but i dont think we need to see the whole PSP, we trust you and seeing the screen would be enough.

troom
October 1st, 2006, 15:34
too funny just wait for the real one from sony you know that will work.
none of us want to upgrade to play ps1 games me im never going to upgrade past 1.5 i would rather have a few bugs than give in to sony and upgrade.GORACH

troom
October 1st, 2006, 15:40
Sounds great!! :D

Wraggster, you should post some screens when you get the time. It would satisfy people to a certain extent.
Co as a tha sibh

porchemasi
October 1st, 2006, 15:47
Please note; WHAT IS THE FPS ON FF7

SSaxdude
October 1st, 2006, 15:49
Why can't you just give it to us now?
Oh wait, that would mean not doing my homework for a while.
So maybe release it around winter. Oh wait, I'll be playing Gears of War and my Wii then.
Ok, release it now, homework can wait.

jimmi
October 1st, 2006, 15:50

thats what i want to no 2 buddy

Celvin
October 1st, 2006, 16:06
I'd rather wait a while to have a decent release, rather than to have a sloppy first release because people can't stand to wait.

Mr.Denny
October 1st, 2006, 16:07
Co as a tha sibh

Chill Dara~

;)

bogalog
October 1st, 2006, 16:09
I'd rather wait a while to have a decent release, rather than to have a sloppy first release because people can't stand to wait.

but if they released a beta, you don't have to download it, you can wait until there's a more "decent" release later, and download that.

masterpsp2.6
October 1st, 2006, 16:15
hope its got good speed to actually be able to play it!! been waiting on this forever. oh yeh and i wanna hear some SOUND with it to!!

Veskgar
October 1st, 2006, 16:18
geesh guys!

You give a mouse a crumb and it wants the whole cookie....

We are in fact very lucky that someone is working hard to bring us this exclusive. If they want to stay anonymous, so what. Are they trying to sell this? I doubt it, do they seek fame and fortune from this work? Not likely. So if they want to remain anonymous, all the better. I like the "mysterious" element to these great projects. Also, with past rip-offs of work by self claimed coders and other sites, maybe the AC (anonymous coder) is also worried about that happening.

Nobody complains this much when there are Daedalus W.I.P. news and no release. Yeah, the argument can be made that Daedalus has been released and proven but it sounds like this PS1 EMU will be far more playable than Daedalus. And that is worth a longer wait if need be.

Nothing really wrong with hyping a DCEMU exclusive. Actually, strategically it benefits all. DCEMU will attract more dedicated and loyal members, and in return, the many members will be rewarded with the most reliable and trustworthy homebrew community on the NET.

We can trust Wraggster! So don't worry, there is something good just around the corner. Lets not rush it or create pressure on anyone.

BrooksyX
October 1st, 2006, 16:24
Again great news! Hopefully the coder will get to a point where he feels comfortable to release a public version here soon.

pkmaximum
October 1st, 2006, 16:28
Sounds great, I hope as much time on this project is took. I want the best results for the release. In case we run into problems when it comes to dealing with SONY.

scimpy
October 1st, 2006, 16:32
geesh guys!

We are in fact very lucky that someone is working hard to bring us this exclusive. If they want to stay anonymous, so what. Are they trying to sell this? I doubt it, do they seek fame and fortune from this work? Not likely. So if they want to remain anonymous, all the better. I like the "mysterious" element to these great projects. Also, with past rip-offs of work by self claimed coders and other sites, maybe the AC (anonymous coder) is also worried about that happening.

Nobody complains this much when there are Daedalus W.I.P. news and no release. Yeah, the argument can be made that Daedalus has been released and proven but it sounds like this PS1 EMU will be far more playable than Daedalus. And that is worth a longer wait if need be.

Nothing really wrong with hyping a DCEMU exclusive. Actually, strategically it benefits all. DCEMU will attract more dedicated and loyal members, and in return, the many members will be rewarded with the most reliable and trustworthy homebrew community on the NET.

We can trust Wraggster! So don't worry, there is something good just around the corner. Lets not rush it or create pressure on anyone.

This is my first post, and I agree. I know that emulating the PS1 is possible on the PSP, I'd rather he released it if and when he gets it to run games at full speed and with sound.

I can wait I'm not impatient.

On another note, Great site. :D

Mr.Denny
October 1st, 2006, 16:34
geesh guys!

x2

BrooksyX
October 1st, 2006, 16:36
I like the part about speed optimizations considering the fact that the gpu isnt being used and that there is no recompiler. I bet when the coder finishes those parts the speed will probably be very playable, maybe even full speed. :)

rehbock
October 1st, 2006, 16:38
Sounds great, I hope as much time on this project is took. I want the best results for the release. In case we run into problems when it comes to dealing with SONY.

Sony cant do anything if he doesnt include the psx bios
the other thing the could do force people to update

Mr.Denny
October 1st, 2006, 16:38
I like the part about speed optimizations considering the fact that the gpu isnt being used and that there is no recompiler. I bet when the coder finishes those parts the speed will probably be very playable, maybe even full speed. :)

What`s a GPU?

Will that make it run even raster?

SpacemanSpiff
October 1st, 2006, 16:40
I say we find out where Wraggster lives and seize the beta from his computer lol j/k

S34MU5
October 1st, 2006, 16:42
i think annoymus coder will come out in the end. to be Wraggster!!
hah

10shu
October 1st, 2006, 16:45

lol...get a life...:D

jimmi
October 1st, 2006, 16:48
lol...get a life...:D

LOL!

romuloarpini
October 1st, 2006, 16:48
Yea... we need more videos!

Do a FF7 one! PLEASE WRAG! :(

Veskgar
October 1st, 2006, 16:49
What`s a GPU?

GPU is generally the acronym for Graphics Processing Unit. Perhaps with the PSP, the ME or kernel will be tapped into for a GPU.

A GPU will improve performance & speed because it will ease the burden on the PSP's CPU. So between overclocking the PSP's CPU to 333 Mhz and having a GPU, this should give pretty good performance if optimized right.

And if a dynarec is able to be implemented, look out because this EMU will be the next best thing since........ well, the PSP itself LOL.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 1st, 2006, 16:51
sooooo coooollll!!!!!!! cant wait man!!!

rehbock
October 1st, 2006, 16:52
GPU is generally the acronym for Graphics Processing Unit. Perhaps with the PSP, the ME or kernel will be tapped into for a GPU.

A GPU will improve performance & speed because it will ease the burden on the PSP's CPU. So between overclocking the PSP's CPU to 333 Mhz and having a GPU, this should give pretty good performance if optimized right.

And if a dynarec is able to be implemented, look out because this EMU will be the next best thing since........ well, the PSP itself LOL.

Gpu optimising
+
Dynarec
=
We would need a frame limiter LoL

Mr.Denny
October 1st, 2006, 16:52

Thanks for that Veskgar :)

Well, that really does sound fantastic. Oh man, i think i`ll start coverting my PSONE games to ISOs right now. ;)

ICE
October 1st, 2006, 17:00
i have a bunch of ps1 games but a 256 mb memory stick. does anyone know how to compress an iso or bin file so they will actually fit without me having to get a bigger stick now?

pkmaximum
October 1st, 2006, 17:01
I truly can't wait for when the Dyranec engine is implemented. Because if this is running as fast as they claim on just an interpreter core. Alone then there are a lot of possibilities =D

Veskgar
October 1st, 2006, 17:04
Thanks for that Veskgar :)

Well, that really does sound fantastic. Oh man, i think i`ll start coverting my PSONE games to ISOs right now. ;)

No problem.... and good idea! You gotta assume the A.C. wants this out BEFORE Sony's and Sony's is scheduled for 2nd week of November. Today is October 1st so that means that in 6 weeks or less we might have a great PS1 EMU for the PSP.

Time to start stockpiling and converting old PS1 games.

What I'm uncertain about though is even if games like FF VII, FF VIII & FF IX are playable, how would you switch game discs on an emulator without losing progress in the game? Is it going to be possible to seamlessly continue the FULL game where a disc would normally end and tell you to insert another?

IF anyone could advise as to how to accomplish this, I'd love to hear.

.:EDIT:.

Oh yeah, I recommend everyone start pinching their penny's and save up for a 4GB Ultra II memory stick from SanDisk. I know I certainly plan on getting one in the coming weeks. I have the 2GB now but its just not enough.

smith1
October 1st, 2006, 17:05

And if a dynarec is able to be implemented, look out because this EMU will be the next best thing since........ well, the PSP itself LOL.The PSP has its own GPU apart from the main CPU(s).

Veskgar
October 1st, 2006, 17:10
The PSP has its own GPU apart from the main CPU(s).
Does all homebrew have access to this or only with kernel access like in 1.50 firmware?

SpacemanSpiff
October 1st, 2006, 17:14
What I'm uncertain about though is even if games like FF VII, FF VIII & FF IX are playable, how would you switch game discs on an emulator without losing progress in the game? Is it going to be possible to seamlessly continue the FULL game where a disc would normally end and tell you to insert another?

It shouldn't be too hard to add a change CD option, like with ePSXe on the PC. The only problem is you'll need at least a 2GB memory stick to fit both images at the same time.

jimmi
October 1st, 2006, 17:24
good point, and iv onli got the 1 gig *sigh* isnt ther a way we can just save at the disc change , use usb mode , put on disc 2 , load it up and play woohoo! :D :cool: im excited now dam

Veskgar
October 1st, 2006, 17:26
It shouldn't be too hard to add a change CD option, like with ePSXe on the PC. The only problem is you'll need at least a 2GB memory stick to fit both images at the same time.
Sweet! Also, hopefully we can somehow utilize USBHOSTFS to play PS1 games stored on hard drive. Like maybe use the EMU with irShell. That would be helpful when testing performance, settings, and compatiblilty.

homemade
October 1st, 2006, 17:27
Or u can probably use ir shell's menu 2 access usb mode and switch it with with disc 2 or in our case I5O 2. lol

pspfan
October 1st, 2006, 17:34
Can't wait till this uses the hardware GPU and has a dynarec and uses the ME for sound!

pkmaximum
October 1st, 2006, 17:45
If you are going to be near your computer while playing PSX. Why not just play a PSX emulator on the computer XD.

modcase
October 1st, 2006, 17:47
I will have to say even I am starting to get bored seeing these PSX related threads here. I would understand if you were somehow producing new information reguarding the emulator, some screenshots, maybe even a video. But what I see is the same rehash over and over.

blah blah fullscreen, blah blah speedhack. These are all standard procedures in creating a emulator. I fail to see whats so groundbreaking in this post. I just wish this would drop until a release. Honestly, I could care less how much fun your having playing PSX Emulator 2009x until I see proof.

-doubting thomas

Kramer
October 1st, 2006, 17:49
If you are going to be near your computer while playing PSX. Why not just play a PSX emulator on the computer XD.
lol true

on that note anyone know what the best pc PS1 emu is?

Gabba Gandalf
October 1st, 2006, 17:50
cant wait

when it will be released ????

gamesquest1
October 1st, 2006, 17:54
No problem.... and good idea! You gotta assume the A.C. wants this out BEFORE Sony's and Sony's is scheduled for 2nd week of November. Today is October 1st so that means that in 6 weeks or less we might have a great PS1 EMU for the PSP.

Time to start stockpiling and converting old PS1 games.

.:EDIT:.

Oh yeah, I recommend everyone start pinching their penny's and save up for a 4GB Ultra II memory stick from SanDisk. I know I certainly plan on getting one in the coming weeks. I have the 2GB now but its just not enough.

Actually the final fantasy games get you to save at the end of the disk so then you just load the other disk up and pick load so all the final fantasy games are perfectly fine there are a few games that will have the problem you mentioned such as driver 2 and gta london aswell as metal gear solid VR missions but as far as final fantasy is concerned it will be ok :D

jinqui242
October 1st, 2006, 18:01
The only games I remember playing that didn't save before a disc swap were the Fear Effect games. I could be wrong though.

Maybe it could be accomplished through save states.

Malksta
October 1st, 2006, 18:09
lol true

on that note anyone know what the best pc PS1 emu is?

ePSXe

jimmi
October 1st, 2006, 18:09
aw dude i seriously cannot wait for this .. yey !

Emeriastone
October 1st, 2006, 18:11
ARRG! Enough with the TEASING!!

Jonesyxxiv
October 1st, 2006, 18:13
Awesome I cant wait. I just bought a 4GB memory stick. I was running out of room with my 1GB anyway.

Vega
October 1st, 2006, 18:15
seriously, the constant news updates on this are becoming annoying. The teasing must stop, a release must be on the cards soon... because its gettin quite unbearale.
After all this hype and hype, this better be good, or I will be totally pissed off.

Rocksil
October 1st, 2006, 18:17
this "coming soon ps1p" is not goin to be as good as it sound

YourStillWithMe
October 1st, 2006, 18:21
hmmm even the creator of this emulator cherishes FFVIII good man its the best one. i'm also looking forward to THawk 2and Thrasher Skate And Destroy

splodger15
October 1st, 2006, 18:25
seriously, the constant news updates on this are becoming annoying. The teasing must stop, a release must be on the cards soon... because its gettin quite unbearale.
After all this hype and hype, this better be good, or I will be totally pissed off.

Well said

Accordion
October 1st, 2006, 18:33
funny, i would like to see the vast number of threads that would be created asking for updates if these notices were not being made, i think there are 2 anyway, even with these news posts.
...some people are just ungrateful i guess...

Kramer
October 1st, 2006, 18:36
Im not ungrateful and I like the WIP updates but theres no need to put "COMING SOON" in every title even though wragsster has no idea when it will be released.

mavsman4457
October 1st, 2006, 18:37
Can't wait to play some good ole ps1 games on my nice new PSP.

Nikolaos
October 1st, 2006, 18:54
Thanks AC :)

Accordion
October 1st, 2006, 18:55
my value of "soon" is, around christmas.
the universes value of "soon", is around 15 million years
an atoms value of "soon" is about 1/1000th of a second(probably smaller)

so im happy, as long as it doesnt take years...

Veskgar
October 1st, 2006, 19:03
Well I guess it would help if the A.C. would just flat out say that he will not be releasing until its ready. Not just any ready, but ready according to the A.C. That sort of "official" statement may ease the anxiety.

modcase
October 1st, 2006, 19:09
funny, i would like to see the vast number of threads that would be created asking for updates if these notices were not being made, i think there are 2 anyway, even with these news posts.
...some people are just ungrateful i guess...

Its hard to be ungrateful when you have nothing to physically be ungrateful about...

Theres a difference between a release actually being lame and lame posts.

Accordion
October 1st, 2006, 19:11
i meant people being ungrateful about the news posts. not the emu

Kramer
October 1st, 2006, 19:14
my value of "soon" is, around christmas.
the universes value of "soon", is around 15 million years
an atoms value of "soon" is about 1/1000th of a second(probably smaller)

so im happy, as long as it doesnt take years...

My value of "soon" for a release of an emu is under a week.

Anyway heres the true meaning off "soon"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soon

Sterist
October 1st, 2006, 19:19
My value of "soon" is dont even think about giving a value, because it can only feed anxiety

jimmi
October 1st, 2006, 19:45
My value of "soon" is dont even think about giving a value, because it can only feed anxiety

i agree with him

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 1st, 2006, 19:50
What`s a GPU?

Graphics/graphical processing unit.

splodger15
October 1st, 2006, 19:52
My value of "soon" for a release of an emu is under a week.

Anyway heres the true meaning off "soon"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soon

I think it will be released in under a week

LloydKansas
October 1st, 2006, 20:58
Awesome, just awesome. This release is coming along VERY nicely, great progress in just about a week or so, and we're getting new updates almost if not every day, so I think we're definitely getting close folks. Public release, here we come!

blackrave
October 1st, 2006, 21:29
People, be patient! We should be glad that AC is working on this. The public release will be awesome. I just hope it will come out before the end of the month.
I'm looking very forward to play all my childhood memories on the PSP, like Crash Bandicoot and Oddworld.

hahahaha
October 1st, 2006, 21:37
You know wraggy, I would almost prefer to recieve no other updates about it until Hobo gives us a release date. Cus everytime I see a headline with PS1P in it I get excited thinking there's a release now, but I'm always disappointed lol. I cant wait much longer, it just sounds so great. The masses want a beta to try!! Please talk to Hobo and try to get a publicly released beta.

psman
October 1st, 2006, 21:53
ps1 in the palm of my hands. awsome

valar
October 1st, 2006, 22:21
it's nice to hear any news about the progress.hope it comes out very soon.keep up the good work!

Basil Zero
October 1st, 2006, 22:25
cant wait for this release, this is really big!

fujidave
October 1st, 2006, 22:29
I've been watching for a release of this like a hawk... but something just occured to me. What if the AC is Sony themselves? ;)

Uzumaki_Naruto
October 1st, 2006, 22:43
you wish...

cypressice
October 1st, 2006, 23:12
is there going to be any way to remove the music files from games so the disc images won't be so big, or will the game not run with out them

chrisrulz555
October 1st, 2006, 23:22
I've been watching for a release of this like a hawk... but something just occured to me. What if the AC is Sony themselves? ;)

If it was it would be amazing, sony supporting people pirating their games that they want to sell for $5+, no more likely to be a Microsoft employee if anything so thats where I would put my money if someone from the three companies was developing it.

Uzumaki_Naruto
October 2nd, 2006, 00:35
maybe its a nintendo guy :p

Jpdeathblade
October 2nd, 2006, 00:51
I think AC Hobo (new nickname, its sounds cool) is someone who at one point worked with sony, and learned the basics of the ps1.

anyway this needs to be released tomorrow! That way I can play my legend of legia game sitting on my desktop collecting megabit dust... That and take it to school =P

drquack02
October 2nd, 2006, 00:54
how about some screens of Final Fantasy on the thing?

:)

mcshortcut
October 2nd, 2006, 01:01
What does "soon" mean? Why is a Beta PS1P not released, if it works already better than PSX-P?

Cloudhunter
October 2nd, 2006, 01:07
For all you impatient people, there has been news for it out for only about a week, maybe less than that. So wait, patience is a virtue ;)

BrooksyX
October 2nd, 2006, 01:43
I sure hope this supports dax compression, it would really help save room. Just for the heck of it I was able to get the first disc of FF9 down to 200 mb after ripping the videos and daxing it.

pkmaximum
October 2nd, 2006, 01:51
People we have to be greatful that people are even willing to battle SONY and work on a PSX emulator. The reason I cared on PSXP being released, was because everybody was just saying "its real, pkmaximum you are a stupid flamer who just doesn't want to believe" Nobody actually had a version of PSXP, just Snipr saying it was real.

Wraggster says that he has a physical working copy BETA (private) on his PSP that is playable, and he made a video to prove it. Does Wraggster seem like someone who will lie to us?

I admit I don't like hype either, but the fact that someone is willing to put them selves on the line to stand up against the commercial SONY PSX emulator is pretty bold :cool:

Lets just look forward to the release. Even if it takes time, because remember there is a risk once this emulator is released, that SONY is going to bash it. So we should have one in a playable state before that happens. And hopefully the sources will be released with it ^_^

BrooksyX
October 2nd, 2006, 01:58
I dont mind waiting. Even though it does seem like wraggy is teasing us, I am glad that we get an update every few days.

Jpdeathblade
October 2nd, 2006, 02:16
Updates are good, that means the program is being worked on. I think that W might be the AC Hobo! It fits together so well!

W owns a homebrew site and is the only one with the ps1p. Idk I can be wrong....only human.

Anywho, I cant wait till this comes out. I guess the AC reads this maybe but if he does release it. Dont put your name on it and put out a beta. All sony can do it tell this site to take it down maybe 3 or 4 hours after its release. Put it on at 3 or 4 so by the time its taken down, bam 100's of people have it. Then finish it up and re release it! That way you get all the peeps here to shut up (lol) and still get to work on it under the name AC Hobo aka ps1p guy aka Miss Mutton Chops

BrooksyX
October 2nd, 2006, 02:29
I personally dont see how sony could take any legal action against the emulator as long as it is free and doesnt have the bios or copyrighted games distrubeted with it.

hahahaha
October 2nd, 2006, 02:29
to everyone saying that we're being impatient:

we've been told for the last 3 posts that it will be released soon and that the beta works great. so naturally one would assume a release would be coming within the next post or 2. however, as we all know it hasn't so we are starting to get ancy, that's all. we're not mad at the the coder, on the contrary we think it's great, and I personally don't doubt if it's real or not (if wraggy says it is, then it is), but if the beta works, I think it's harsh to tease us with it when we don't have another working ps1 beta. psx-p is no longer hosted, and I personally have tried it and almost every game crashes. that's why we want this beta so bad. a ps1 emu with better compatability (such as this one) will keep me at bay until a future release with dynarec and better quality comes out, but until then we want something to mess around with since psx-p virtually didn't work at all.

JKKDARK
October 2nd, 2006, 02:34
two words: be patient :p

DPyro
October 2nd, 2006, 02:36
Sony released news of their emulator months ago, hyping about something like this isnt news. People should just shush until its released....no bodys forcing you to read the news updates on this emulator, so if you dont like it, dont read it!

Jpdeathblade
October 2nd, 2006, 02:44
Its a little late for that $n!pR. Everyone and there mother knows about this! They need to release it. Like tomorrow, just take this beta and upload it to the site. Once there let eveyone download it to show non believers, shut us up, make W a nobody again (=P jk).

Plz! Ledgen of Legia wont run on my mac =( I wanna play it on me psp.

PS - why dont anyone make mac programs! I can use pspbrew, or the ms organizer. Something must be done...but not know Robot chicken is on...

BrooksyX
October 2nd, 2006, 03:07
I just hope that all the complaining doesnt anger the developer of this emulator. I am sure that he is among us reading all the posts, maybe even posting too.

Illegal Machine
October 2nd, 2006, 03:26
DUDE

I just wish these developers would just finish their work whoever they are!

mexicansnake
October 2nd, 2006, 03:27
I just hope that all the complaining doesnt anger the developer of this emulator. I am sure that he is among us reading all the posts, maybe even posting too.

Yeah, indeed. lol:p
I think that he is posting too!.

nyrtrublue
October 2nd, 2006, 04:10
The first time i broke my arm kxploit was released soon after and i just broke the same bone after a bunch of surgeries maybe its meant to be. Oh yeah i broke it doing the same thing and it was the same kid. Im owe the homebrew scene so much for keeping me occupied and I dont want to rush the release but im running out of things to keep me occupied with and playin psx on the comp wouldnt be the same.

brainpan
October 2nd, 2006, 05:49
Guys there is a reason he/she/they are posting the emu as "The Anonymous Coder". If teh emu was released and only have way finished and SONY demanded a cease and desist, NO ONE would be happy about. It HAS happened before and likely to happen again. I would much rather the emu be very well polished before release that way best compatibily is from the get go. In the mean time, be patient, back up your PSX collection, and happy there are two emu's being worked on.

Exophase
October 2nd, 2006, 06:23
I truly can't wait for when the Dyranec engine is implemented. Because if this is running as fast as they claim on just an interpreter core. Alone then there are a lot of possibilities =D

Who is claiming that it's fast right now? All the update says is that it is noticeably faster.. for all you know it was running at 3fps on average when the last update was made...

If the right optimizations are made with its dynarec it has a good shot at being fullspeed, if the GPU is also hardware rendered (if its software it'll need frameskipping).

NeoXCS
October 2nd, 2006, 06:58
I cant wait to see this emulator in action. :) Keep up the work AC! :p

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 2nd, 2006, 07:29
Who is claiming that it's fast right now? All the update says is that it is noticeably faster.. for all you know it was running at 3fps on average when the last update was made...

If the right optimizations are made with its dynarec it has a good shot at being fullspeed, if the GPU is also hardware rendered (if its software it'll need frameskipping).
The 1st time this emu was mentioned it said Ridge Racer was running full speed.

quzar
October 2nd, 2006, 08:25

um. no. this emulator is NOT fullspeed.

Kramer
October 2nd, 2006, 08:45
Hmm maybe quzar is the coder............

quzar
October 2nd, 2006, 09:44
Maybe... just maybe.

Ahmed_p800
October 2nd, 2006, 09:55
wow 164 posts...no emulator yet

But really its good news

cant wait to play ff(7+8+9)

Good job......

arch stanton
October 2nd, 2006, 10:09

It actually said it was running perfectly, there was no mention of speed.
Heres a link to the first announcement. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37098&highlight=PS1P

fly_x
October 2nd, 2006, 10:26

it IS the FRAME PER SECOND on FINAL FANTASY 7

Vega
October 2nd, 2006, 13:37
Dont you think with all the hype this last week, Sony themselves could be watching this like a hawk? Wouldn't it have been smarter to just release it without no warning what-so-ever? Because if there is any emulator / homebrew sony will want to stop soon.. it will be this.
Im not ungrateful at all and I totally thank AC and Wraggy for this and literally I am shitting myself with anticipation, but maybe it should have been gone around a little different. Sony gets a sniff of this (which they probably have already) and the coder doesn't name himself.. will it not be wraggster recieving the shit from sony?

Billz
October 2nd, 2006, 14:06
Has anyone heard from PSMonkey latley !!!!!

Lodis
October 2nd, 2006, 14:08
Maybe this release should have gone the same route as gpSP did.

Rocksil
October 2nd, 2006, 14:33
Has anyone heard from PSMonkey latley !!!!!
HE HAS LEFT THE SCENCE WHERE HAV U BEEN!!!

Billz
October 2nd, 2006, 15:01
You're kidding, and know there's an anonymous coder with a ps1 emu. How strange !!!!!!!!!!!!!

kpaul_nyc
October 2nd, 2006, 15:20
Same hereDude everytime I see you post, you write "same here".

aleborri
October 2nd, 2006, 16:11
This is killing me, pls release or at least give us vids / pics so we can have something to look at :D

killurparents
October 2nd, 2006, 16:51
just admit it wraggster its never coming out and this is an elaborate prank

oyk918
October 2nd, 2006, 17:50
that`s great I hope it runs well

bogalog
October 2nd, 2006, 17:59
... it better not be a prank
I'm sure a great many people would not be amused.

kersplatty
October 2nd, 2006, 18:01
I sure hope this supports dax compression, it would really help save room. Just for the heck of it I was able to get the first disc of FF9 down to 200 mb after ripping the videos and daxing it.
nooo you cant have ff without the movies gawd :rolleyes: its like milk without cookies !:eek:

aleborri
October 2nd, 2006, 18:07
I think you should tell the mysterious coder to add suport for "pocket iso" (check it out here http://www.fpsece.net/download/PocketISO_2.0.zip, I know you haven't heared of it), it's an incredible app that rips everything from ps1 games and can let games like ridge racer or gta in 10-50 mb :O it also adds a zipped format called znx that compressed the game even further

Ravman
October 2nd, 2006, 18:14
Wow, I cant wait until it is released, in my mind this will go down as the best emu for the PSP ever. Go AC.

rehbock
October 2nd, 2006, 18:58
You're kidding, and know there's an anonymous coder with a ps1 emu. How strange !!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice idea but dont think so
Pspmonkey left the scene because his actually job doesnt allow him to work on homebrew for the psp
but who knows maybe if someone disassemble the emulator someday will maybe find pspmonkey wants a banana some where in the credits : )

hockey2112
October 2nd, 2006, 20:11
hmm... someone is playing around with the posts on this thread. There was a page 19 a second ago, with a post by "someone", quoting a now non-existent post from "someone else". hmm...

wraggster
October 2nd, 2006, 20:19
yeah we had a faker sign up as anonymous coder, i deleted his comments, anyone else starts that game and wraggy will lose his temper

Andraik
October 2nd, 2006, 20:20
I don't want this, I NEED THIS!!!! please release soon!

Mr.Denny
October 2nd, 2006, 20:25
yeah we had a faker sign up as anonymous coder, i deleted his comments, anyone else starts that game and wraggy will lose his temper

Wraggs, Dcemu needs crowd control big time. Soon they`ll be lobbing poop. :(

I think a video or pics would suffice, if you have the time.

wraggster
October 2nd, 2006, 20:26
im ill with a cold at mo. taking me all my time to post any news

hockey2112
October 2nd, 2006, 20:59

I figured that was the case, but I didn't really want to post exactly who that "someone" was. Glad to see that it was fake, as a direct post here would definitely have the potential to derail things.

I am really excited about this emu, and hope that you feel better soon. Would love for you to try that DevHook video capture thing on this if you have the time once you get well. :)

wraggster
October 2nd, 2006, 21:18
if i see any more posts saying its a fake im gonna warn them for their stupidity, the coder will release it when he feels it is at a stage where hes happy with it, from the 2 betas i have i can see its going to be impressive.

Jpdeathblade
October 2nd, 2006, 21:58
Hey Wraggster email AC Hobo and ask him some questions that popped up on the thread. Also ask him to release a beta within the next 6 hours....you dont know how kool it will be to play ps1 at school =P

samthegreat68
October 2nd, 2006, 22:20
Hey Wraggster email AC Hobo and ask him some questions that popped up on the thread. Also ask him to release a beta within the next 6 hours....you dont know how kool it will be to play ps1 at school =P

how about a "please"?

anyways i can wait, i would rather play a near full speed later on then mess around with betas for a while. take all the time you need AC, im rooting for ya!

hockey2112
October 2nd, 2006, 22:28

Dude, we get it. You want to play this at school. You don't have to mention that in every single post you make. Please re-read what Wraggster said above... it will be released when AC thinks it is ready.

EDIT:
Look, I don't want to sound like a d!ck, and I am not trying to single you out. However, it is absolutely ridiculous that so many people are constantly begging for a release over and over again, even with the obvious logical outcome of an early beta release of this emu (C&D letters from Sony, no more updates, etc).

SteveV2
October 2nd, 2006, 22:34
Has there been an outcome to the button problem Wraggster?

quzar
October 2nd, 2006, 22:39
(C&D letters from Sony, no more updates, etc).

Sony would have absolutely no legal grounds to do anything about this. I don't see why everybody thinks they would. The only way they could even be close to would be if it was released as a commercial product.

samthegreat68
October 2nd, 2006, 22:43
Has there been an outcome to the button problem Wraggster?
i have been wondering that too.

Uzumaki_Naruto
October 2nd, 2006, 22:48
and also: can u tell us some FPS of the most wanted games like: FF series and such?

jurkevicz
October 2nd, 2006, 23:00
I wonder if it will have zip support like ngcdPSP, that would be great!

Jpdeathblade
October 2nd, 2006, 23:32
I wana play at school and release the beta!!! =P (now i am the d!ck)

In all seriousness, I am a little inpationt bc W keeps saying soon. Instead he should have used maybe.... When you think of soon you think a few hours, a day, week at most. But this has been soon for so long its getting to the point where people think it will not come out. Im just saying if you got a beta that runs like that put it out. I mean I can stand playing a game that is a little slow (like Super Mario 64 for N64, about 15-20 fps average).
Sorry for being a D!ck bc of impations, anyway I know that this will be the best thing scence sliced bread (well, bread could never play re2 and ff7,8 and 9)....

Good Job AC Hobo, keep up the great (who am i kidding outstanding) job.

aries2k4
October 2nd, 2006, 23:38
Hey, I got an idea. Since you got a new beta couldn´t we get the old one,lol
Just kidding. I know that defeats the point of waiting for a quality release, but damn I´m getting itchy.

jak66
October 2nd, 2006, 23:44
Sony would have absolutely no legal grounds to do anything about this. I don't see why everybody thinks they would. The only way they could even be close to would be if it was released as a commercial product.
i agree, unless this contained a copyrighted file (the bios) or was gonna be sold rather than be freely distributed, then Sony would be albe to pull all their resources (face it, they would) but as it stands, sony cant do anything except make a better emu to make us want to upgrade (.....yeah, right)

Tinnus
October 3rd, 2006, 00:05
People, calm down, it's not that it's so long since he said "soon", it's just that time itself is passing slowly because we are waiting for something :p

I don't think it has been 1 week yet?

Also when you go watch some movie trailers it says "coming soon" and sometimes it takes months until you get the movie... It's not like the "coming soon" expression in the majority of the meanings means days, but rather weeks or months :p

Now, there could be the chance that A.C. is waiting to either release the emulator just 1 day before Sony's one, or maybe 1 day later to get the headlines big like "OMG sony released the official emulateur iesterd4y but a homebr3w one was launched the day after thats 2x better" :p

That would be fun :D

John Vattic
October 3rd, 2006, 00:12
Not to sound like a traitor, but i would update my 2.81 psp for the sony ps1 emu.

Just not my 1.5 :P

BL4Z3D247
October 3rd, 2006, 00:22
i think Wraggy is gunna play the $n!pR card on this one and surprise us all, well that's my hunch atleast...as most of u know $n!pR used to always tease us with answers about the M64 emu like :)...or :p, so i think Wraggy is gunna keep us all on his "lure" and outta nowhere...BAM! it's released and we're all like :eek:...i do believe i saw a estimated release date also(may have been edited by now) but i'm sure i'm not the only one who saw it ;)

AlinayG
October 3rd, 2006, 00:42
Yo, when is this thing gunna come out ^^ i cant wait D:

BL4Z3D247
October 3rd, 2006, 00:49
Yo, when is this thing gunna come out ^^ i cant wait D:
i'm not saying anything, i don't wanna start a big thing...but there was a date in one of the threads about the ps1p emu, unless it was edited out due to the fact that Wraggy/AC doesn't want everyone to be expecting it on that day

Uzumaki_Naruto
October 3rd, 2006, 00:55
rawr! more teasing...

Vega
October 3rd, 2006, 01:17
Tell ya one thing tho... DCEMU is gonna' freakin EXPLODE when this thing gets released :) !! All those freakin' noobs from everywhere comin in and downloading, until some half assed homebrew site steals it and hosts it.
Cant wait for this release.. Gonna' be a huge day for PSP Homebrew..

publicprivates
October 3rd, 2006, 01:47
Rear! This Is Gonna Be Great! Hump Hump Hump!

hockey2112
October 3rd, 2006, 03:38

They may not have legal grounds to win a case, but if I was a coder, and Sony was threatening to take me to court, I'd have to think long and hard about whether it was worth the legal fees. I would probably decide to cave in to their demands and cease development on the emu, instead of throwing my money away on a lawyer to defend me against B.S. "charges".

quzar
October 3rd, 2006, 04:45
They may not have legal grounds to win a case, but if I was a coder, and Sony was threatening to take me to court, I'd have to think long and hard about whether it was worth the legal fees. I would probably decide to cave in to their demands and cease development on the emu, instead of throwing my money away on a lawyer to defend me against B.S. "charges".

i'm sure the eff would take up the case. at least, that's the first place i would turn.

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 05:45
Hey wrag, when you do decide to post pictures up make sure u put DCEmu all over the pictures that way those filthy leechers can't steal them.

Hey and btw how can sony catch you coders, don't you work under extremely protected conditions?

quzar
October 3rd, 2006, 05:55
Hey wrag, when you do decide to post pictures up make sure u put DCEmu all over the pictures that way those filthy leechers can't steal them.

Hey and btw how can sony catch you coders, don't you work under extremely protected conditions?

I for one put my full name in for copyright information on anything I write.

Anyone posting here has their IP logged and it's visible to any user (although you need to be a mod to search them). Basically any coder on this site could relatively easily be found.

Darth PeeWee
October 3rd, 2006, 06:23
Will it be able to run .bin files?

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 06:43
why shouldn't it? if PSXP could why couldn't this one

quzar
October 3rd, 2006, 06:54
why shouldn't it? if PSXP could why couldn't this one

well, psxp was a port of pcsx, and this isn't. (although it does have ties to pcsx)

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 06:56
Is that why Yoshi wus talking smak about this project?

quzar
October 3rd, 2006, 06:59
Is that why Yoshi wus talking smak about this project?

?

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 07:01
yea im not sure if it in this thread or another but he sounded like if he was complaining. ill look it up real quick right now

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 07:04
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=233920#post233920

lol it's on this page.

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 07:11
OH THANK YOU KRAMER!

I though i wus going crazy LOL i couldnt find it.
I can burly understand him but it sounds like he's trash talkin.

Man i miss your old avatar kramer lol

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 07:15
lol what was my old avatar
you mean the red biohazard one.

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 07:35
yea that one wus the coolest i can burly recognize u with the wii ;D

Cap'n 1time
October 3rd, 2006, 08:13
I for one put my full name in for copyright information on anything I write.

Anyone posting here has their IP logged and it's visible to any user (although you need to be a mod to search them). Basically any coder on this site could relatively easily be found.

unless of course they thought it wise to use a proxy. In this case, i think it wise that the coder remains as much of a mystery as possible. I dont encourage anyone to even attempt to find out. if this person or personS :) wishes to release their information they will do so at their own will. untill that time (probably never) I think we, the dcemu staff should do as much as possible to protect this coders identity. Concider Anon his handle if that helps. Once again quzar pointed out its very easy for the staffers to POSSIBLY discover this persons identity with our arsenal of tools, but we shoud respect their wish to remain mysterious. Lets not leak anything. :)

emuking
October 3rd, 2006, 08:18
the coder should remain as ac hobo, its better that no one finds out who the coder is not even wraggster, anyways i hope there is a release in the next couple of weeks if not sooner but no rush ill wait patiently for this awesome emu, mgs! :D

Cap'n 1time
October 3rd, 2006, 08:59
the coder should remain as ac hobo, its better that no one finds out who the coder is not even wraggster, anyways i hope there is a release in the next couple of weeks if not sooner but no rush ill wait patiently for this awesome emu, mgs! :D

Code name: Hobo... it just has a nice sound to it. :)

dejkirkby
October 3rd, 2006, 09:48
No matter if this coder/team release their names, adresses birthdays, lifes stories, whatever. They will always be known on DCEmu as Hobo.

hahahaha
October 3rd, 2006, 15:40
everyone keeps saying they'd rather have a better build when this is released than the beta now. JUST TO CLEAR THIS UP PEOPLE. nothing is stopping the coder from releasing this beta now, and then releasing said "better build" later on, as well. its not as if AC Hobo can only release one build forever.

as for the "sony will stop the coder through legal means" theory. They have no legal grounds and even if they tried, the coder wouldnt be forced to pay all the legal fees. he could take it to court and countersue Sony for the time and legal fees they have caused him.

So please, stop saying you would rather have a better build later. We're not asking for this one now at the expense of one later. Just for the beta that's already ready now. :)

kersplatty
October 3rd, 2006, 17:48
i agree that AC HOBO shud get a decent build out with as much as he can in it jus incase it faces legal stuff :p AC HOBO i like it :D

aleborri
October 3rd, 2006, 18:22
I may seem ungrateful or whatever but I'm reaching a point I would have liked just not to know about this emu when I did. Now we're getting nothing, no pics, no movies, no emulator, only a few words update from time to time and that's it, but knowing how good this emu is however.

I'm dying in anticipation for nothing since this could be out tomorrow or in 3 months, so I really would have liked not to know anything about this emu until there was a bit more stuff worth looking at, and some real facts about it and less speculation.

hockey2112
October 3rd, 2006, 18:52
i'm sure the eff would take up the case. at least, that's the first place i would turn.

They might, but there is the possibility that the EFF and any other group will not pick up the case. This brings up the question: is it worth it to release an early beta just to appease the demanding masses? I think not.

everyone keeps saying they'd rather have a better build when this is released than the beta now. JUST TO CLEAR THIS UP PEOPLE. nothing is stopping the coder from releasing this beta now, and then releasing said "better build" later on, as well. its not as if AC Hobo can only release one build forever.

What if the coder receives a Cease and Desist order from Sony, or is sued by Sony? I'd say that would be a pretty big roadblock, wouldn't you? There is a huge possibility that the first release of this emu will be the last. EVER.

as for the "sony will stop the coder through legal means" theory. They have no legal grounds and even if they tried, the coder wouldnt be forced to pay all the legal fees. he could take it to court and countersue Sony for the time and legal fees they have caused him.

"Legal grounds" have no bearing here. The fact of the matter is that Sony would be entitled to a fair trial to determine whether this emu does in fact breach their copyright. "Legal grounds" come into play during the hearing, by which point the coder will have secured a lawyer, potentially costing him or her thousands of dollars out of their own pockets. The coder will not necessarily be able to recoup his legal fees just because Sony was wrong, either.

Ask any coder that posts here if he or she would like to be tied to any legal proceedings with an international company like Sony. I guarantee you that nine times out of ten, they will say "no way!". I think chances are that AC/Hobo falls into the 90% that do not want to have any part in a legal spat with Sony. Therefore, he or she will probably not release this until they are done, or close to done. After that, who cares if Sony sends a C&D... what are they ceasing and desisting at that point?

Bottom line: AC/Hobo is going to do what they want to do, and nothing else. If they want to release an early beta and take on the inherant risks, they will. If they want to wait and release it as a "final" version and not a minute sooner, then that is what they will do. Everyone here is entitled to express their own opinion on when this emu should be released... however, release beggers should look at the bigger picture, instead of concentrating on the here and now.

Darth PeeWee
October 3rd, 2006, 18:58
I'm trying to config my PS1 emu on the PC if anyone can help, I have to make sure my ISO's I made work.

AIM: Da Great PeeWee

Gabba Gandalf
October 3rd, 2006, 19:06
cant wait when is the release ????

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 19:10
It's "coming soon" that's all we know

jimmi
October 3rd, 2006, 20:42
i want it now very badly aaaaaaarg:mad: :mad:

BL4Z3D247
October 3rd, 2006, 20:54
i want it now very badly aaaaaaarg:mad: :mad:
posting comments like this isn't gunna get it released any faster, so chillax buuuuuuuddy

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 20:55
Yeah smoke a cone or something that always eases the pain.

BL4Z3D247
October 3rd, 2006, 20:59
Yeah smoke a cone or something that always eases the pain.
i can't wait for my boy to get outta work, i need a cone right now lol...btw how is the "stuff" in Aussie?

and to be on topic i think AC aka Hobo should wait a few days before $ony's PS1 emu comes out so alot of people don't upgrade to 3.0 for a PS1 emu when there is gunna be one for 1.0+1.5 and now 2.71's could use it thru reverse devhook so alot of people won't have to upgrade and $ony will get owned for the 5,298,249,997th time :p

Mr.Denny
October 3rd, 2006, 21:02
Guys, you should take that to PM to be perfectly honest with you.

Cloudhunter
October 3rd, 2006, 21:26
Guys, you should take that to PM to be perfectly honest with you.

Agreed.

To be honest, I don't care when it is released. I think it should be released whenever the coder sees fit. :)

Good luck AC Whoever/Wherever you are.

Cloudy

hockey2112
October 3rd, 2006, 22:14
and to be on topic i think AC aka Hobo should wait a few days before $ony's PS1 emu comes out so alot of people don't upgrade to 3.0 for a PS1 emu...

I think it would be pretty humorous to release it a day or two AFTER Sony releases theirs. That way, all of these impatient people can upgrade and get stuck with 3.0, while the rest of us enjoy PS1P on our 1.5's and 2.71's. :D

BrooksyX
October 3rd, 2006, 22:20
I think it would be pretty humorous to release it a day or two AFTER Sony releases theirs. That way, all of these impatient people can upgrade and get stuck with 3.0, while the rest of us enjoy PS1P on our 1.5's and 2.71's. :D

That would be pretty funny, untill every video game forum on the net would be spammed with people wanting to downgrade.

Gene
October 3rd, 2006, 23:47
patience is the key.

sroon
October 4th, 2006, 00:08
Holy tits!!!!
iv waited soooo long!
That PSX-P sucks seeeeeew baaad!
This is gona dbe greeeeat!

( O ) ( O )

pkmaximum
October 4th, 2006, 00:39
Its just a matter of getting that Dryanec engine complete and ready for a release ^_^

Darth PeeWee
October 4th, 2006, 02:23
Call me a noob, but what does the Dryanec engine do?

CaptainMorgan4
October 4th, 2006, 02:33
It adds alot of speed to the emulator, I'm not 100% on the technical part.

DPyro
October 4th, 2006, 02:35
The Dynamic Recompiler recompiles psx code to run better on a psp. Basically, its making it easier for the PSP to understand what to do therfor making it run faster.

quzar
October 4th, 2006, 02:55
Call me a noob, but what does the Dryanec engine do?

A normal cpu emulator uses a method called interpretation. Basically it checks to see what the next opcode of the program data is and performs operations to mimic that.

With a dynamic recompiler, the same thing is done, except in assembly. THEN there is also recompilation of common sets of operations. A simple example might be a sequence of operations that result in the the log of something being calculated. instead of doing the set of basic additions, subtractions, multiplications and loopings, if the host machine supports it you could do a single function to do the same thing. By this method you could actually in theory run a cpu emulator on a machine that is slower but more powerful than the emulated machine, by performing the same end result using less instructions (and therefore less processor time).

Apoklepz
October 4th, 2006, 05:14
Oh man, I hope it's out after my Midterms...then I'll have something to keep me busy for days on end!

Great respect to whomever is working hard on this...You got my full support!

Darth PeeWee
October 4th, 2006, 06:44
So do U think it will be at Full Speed after the Dryanec engine is installed since the some game run Quote "Perfect"?

pibs
October 4th, 2006, 06:47
I hope a later release has sound, games (especially on ps1) rely on the music not to mention the great CD audio tracks on some games.

Btw is there anyway of sending donations to the ps1p coders?

Darth PeeWee
October 4th, 2006, 07:13
I hope a later release has sound, games (especially on ps1) rely on the music not to mention the great CD audio tracks on some games.

Btw is there anyway of sending donations to the ps1p coders?
Well I'm playin it safe because of stuff like WAB
not that I'm saying it is fake, I'm just playin it safe.