PDA

View Full Version : DSCrawl v1.0 by Sasq

wraggster
October 1st, 2006, 20:18
Sasq (http://www.nightmode.org/dscrawl/) has released the first non beta of his homebrew game for the DS, heres the release info:

This is port of Linley's Dungeon Crawl to Nintendo DS. Dungeon Crawl is a rogue-like (similar to Nethack, Angband etc). It has close to 400 monster types and over 200 spells.

This is not just a straight port. Some effort has been made to make this port playable on a portable console - formatting the output into windows, designing an input system with shortcuts that is quick to use etc. I have personally played it many hours and I think the controls are pretty comfortable.

Changes since V1.0 BETA

Realtime clock now used for tagging your score (and you can see time played by pressing 'C')
The inventory remembers last selected item. You can also use X to jump between sections.
Right Shoulder now mapped to CTRL - you can disarm traps and attack non-hostiles with R+Direction etc
Files can now be placed under /CRAWL/ - which will be used for both loading and saving if it exists
Fixed some more text layouts to fit the screen

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

JKKDARK
October 1st, 2006, 20:22
it looks a funny game, great job Sasq ;)

ACID
October 2nd, 2006, 13:49
Great job keep it up.

Joolsit
October 2nd, 2006, 16:16
Crawl's great. And after a few minutes of playing, the port seems quite neat.

jojotjuh
October 2nd, 2006, 20:01
so sasq isnt dead afterall when continues he pogoshell?

looks great!

Mycroft
April 3rd, 2007, 13:59
I've been enjoying DSCrawl, a well done and fun port for sure!

Hoping for a version with DLDI support, and I'd also love to see sasq port the Stone Soup variant of Crawl to the DS, looks like the Stone Soup crew has an interesting and active development going. :)