PDA

View Full Version : Wii Bricked

mickb1982
November 6th, 2011, 02:14
Hi,

I think I may have bricked my Wii. I had been running on Configurable USB Loader but I couldnt get it to play Wii sports so I installed IOS236, d2x IOS and Configurable USB Loader 70. The game still didnt work so I installed USB Loader GX. This loaded the game perfect. So I then installed WAD manager and I added a channel for USB Loader GX. I should have just been happy with that but I wanted the USB Loader GX to boot up when I first switch on the Wii instead of the Configurable USB Loader. So I changed the settings in Priiloader so that it would boot USB Loader GX on startup. I then selected the option to boot the install file I think it was called and I got a black screen and the Wii wasn't responding so I held the power button and turned off the Wii. When I switched it back on (the Wii turns on with either the power button or remote) it doesn't display an output picture.

Before I modded the wii it was on 3.2E and I used hackmii installer v0.8 and aad1f v108 to install the softmod and I followed this guide: [link removed: Warez]

I have tried turning the power off to the wii for about an hour this made no difference.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I won't be able to use any DVD methods as the DVD drive doesnt work, thats why I installed the softmod in the first place.

Thanks

Mick

mickb1982
November 6th, 2011, 08:18
Hi,

I think I may have bricked my Wii. I had been running on Configurable USB Loader but I couldnt get it to play Wii sports so I installed IOS236, d2x IOS and Configurable USB Loader 70. The game still didnt work so I installed USB Loader GX. This loaded the game perfect. So I then installed WAD manager and I added a channel for USB Loader GX. I should have just been happy with that but I wanted the USB Loader GX to boot up when I first switch on the Wii instead of the Configurable USB Loader. So I changed the settings in Priiloader so that it would boot USB Loader GX on startup. I then selected the option to boot the install file I think it was called and I got a black screen and the Wii wasn't responding so I held the power button and turned off the Wii. When I switched it back on (the Wii turns on with either the power button or remote) it doesn't display an output picture.

Before I modded the wii it was on 3.2E and I used hackmii installer v0.8 and aad1f v108 to install the softmod and I followed this guide: [link removed: Warez]

I have tried turning the power off to the wii for about an hour this made no difference.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I won't be able to use any DVD methods as the DVD drive doesnt work, thats why I installed the softmod in the first place.

Thanks

Mick

I have just tried to boot the wii again and I have managed to boot priiloader. I held reset and turned on the wii with the remote, this seemed to work straight away. I have now changed the install file back to Configurable USB Loader and all is ok.

Is it still safe to use USB Loader GX? I have read that it is not safe to use, if not waht other program will boot Wii Sports Resort? The only option I can see that is different to Configurable USB Loader is in the error section there is a Anti option where on configurable there is just a on off.

BlueCrab
November 6th, 2011, 18:08
We don't support USB game loaders here because of their use for piracy. Your case may well be different, but all in all, most people use them to illegally obtain games.

TOPIC LOCKED