PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone actually going to pick up Iris?

BrooksyX
October 2nd, 2006, 03:22
PsMonkey said that someone would be picking up Iris after he left the scene. But since then no one has even hinted at who is going to continue it, if it is even going to be picked up at all.

So I have came to the conclusion that it isnt be worked on at all. If this is the case, is there any chance that the source can be released? Atleast that way anyone who would be interested in continuing the project would have a chance to.

Maybe I am wrong and someone is working on it right now. But it just seems to me that no progress is being made.

mcvader
October 2nd, 2006, 08:37
I agree, I've been awaiting for some news on this too. Didn't PSmonkey say that his new fps (which obviously is no longer comming out) has changed into an update for IRIS? Im sure he said he was passing the reigns on to someone. IRIS was very promising, it would be sad to see it die.

jasonc
October 5th, 2006, 15:09
yey yous are rite

nomi
October 5th, 2006, 16:41
yes i have been waiting anxiously for iris. its on of the best homebreW!

PSmonkey
October 13th, 2006, 17:08
Check front page later today. I am seeking coders & artist to form a team.

BrooksyX
October 13th, 2006, 17:47
Really, thats great news.

coo
October 26th, 2006, 02:32
nice!

PSmonkey
October 28th, 2006, 05:23
errr sadly the 3d team got some seriously talented people but they dont want to do what was esentualy was iris. They op for another type of game that will be very impressive. I look forward to seeing what they churn out.

PSPKOR
October 28th, 2006, 16:14
Aww, no more Iris then:( , thats a pitty, but I'm sure what they come up with will be just as good.

Good luck to the team! Does the team have a name?

shiveringblade
February 14th, 2007, 02:34
PS monkey, you should release the source code once your not busy so some one can pickup iris and develop it since its one of the best games and it will be sad to see it die away. Also there are a lot of developers out there to take on the project. I'm no coder but will be glad to develop maps for the game.

- I Do not mean to be rude though..

Shadowblind
February 14th, 2007, 02:48
That wasnt rude sounding at all. But the last post for this thread was in October... I think IRIS is dead :(

V3N0M
February 14th, 2007, 02:52
I wouldn't be so sure about that... ;)

Shadowblind
February 14th, 2007, 02:57
V3nom, Spill It! Now! :D

mesosade
February 14th, 2007, 16:36
i hate secrets spill the beans

Buddy4point0
February 15th, 2007, 07:22
do tell because as far as i can see were as good as done here