PDA

View Full Version : PSP Double Expand Memory Convertor Videos

wraggster
October 2nd, 2006, 09:26
I broke the news last week about the PSP Double Expand Memory Convertor (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_PSP_Double_Expand_Memory_Convertor.html?a ff_id=24) and it really caught on, so much that everyone followed my lead, well now theres 2 videos on Youtube of the device in action supposedly.

Heres the links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK5ifRCUEKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNE8KXAO-go

Heres More info about it just in case you missed my first article.

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-0450-L.jpg

Product Features of SONY PSP PSP Double Expand Memory Convertor

This product is special manufacture and mainly use with PSP console.
Support any kinds of SD/MINI SD/MMC memory stick.
Double extend your PSP console memory capacity.
Compatible with 2-pieces of SD/MINI SD/MMC/Memory stick and convert use in PSP.
Easy set up and use.

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-0450-X3.jpg

More Description of SONY PSP PSP Double Expand Memory Convertor

PSP Memory Expansion Adapter lets your SD/mini SD and MMC card connect to PSP and you can use them for save-data such as photos

THe Memory Converter retails for USD 16.77 and can be brought from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_PSP_Double_Expand_Memory_Convertor.html?a ff_id=24).

Im gonna try and review one asap

MikeDX
October 2nd, 2006, 10:11
I've ordered 2 of these from successHK, however I havent had a confirmation or anything, yet they've taken my money :P

cheeky buggers!

melime
October 2nd, 2006, 10:52
I would like to know if videos are runnin good???

bandit
October 2nd, 2006, 12:59
Bleh, those videos dont so much of the device itself. It looks to work quick without any lags. Trying to get my hands on one.

Vega
October 2nd, 2006, 13:43
yea the videos dont actually show much of teh actual device... just showing pictures and stuff and how fast they can load up etc.

But yea great device.. shall be looking out for one.

unit999cn
October 2nd, 2006, 15:09
I have no words..........-__-

kando
October 2nd, 2006, 15:38
i purchased one, arrived today....put in 2 1gb cards, firmware 1.50 would not recognize it to format it....so i booted into devhook 2.71, went to the system menu, highlighted "format memory stick", took out my 4gb, inserted in this item w/ my 2 1gb sd cards, and hit format memory stick....works like a charm!

reads just like a 2gb card :D even in 1.50!

great stuff!!!

but once u pick a pair of cards....stick with the pair.

and if you are using just one card, make sure its in slot "A".

cheers! worth every penny!

note: this device does not accept memory stick duo cards....i thought it might have, given the description, but just SD, mini-sd and mmc :)

TrowaX
Is there any other location to get this device i don't buy stuff off the net so. Any place in canada to buy this ?

digihoe
I would have bought one, if the shipping wasn't ~21USD... I will never pay more for the shipping then what the product itself cost...

Hopefully some resellers in europe will get thier hands on this device...

Seems to be a great product though ;-)

Ahmed_p800
October 2nd, 2006, 16:02
WOW

Thats what I was looking for

Now we can buy cheap card and use it for the psp

Nice.........(",)

loopie
October 2nd, 2006, 16:04
If I want 4 gig then I either purchase 2x2 gig or a 1x4 gig SD? Also does it play video smoothly and emulation programs in 1.5?

I take it we are limited to 4 gig still?

thanks

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 16:07
We are, unless you update to 2.8+, which is homebrew suicide right now.

kando
October 2nd, 2006, 16:11
From the manual:

ATTENTION
A. This product is not support 4GB SD/MINI-SD/MMC memory stick.
B. Take-out or replace cards before you turn on the psp, and not while it is on, because it will "no function or effect all SD/MINI-SD/MMC memory stick inside data will dissappear. (in other words, wipeout)

and everything runs just as smoothly as on a regular memory stick :)

F9zDark
October 2nd, 2006, 16:24
From the manual:

ATTENTION
A. This product is not support 4GB SD/MINI-SD/MMC memory stick.
B. Take-out or replace cards before you turn on the psp, and not while it is on, because it will "no function or effect all SD/MINI-SD/MMC memory stick inside data will dissappear. (in other words, wipeout)

Well thats useless for me then... I was thinking I could get another 4 gig stick and get 8 gigs and just wait around for DevHook 2.81 emulation to make use of it... Of course I'd have to be in 2.81 all the time to use the damn thing...

kando
October 2nd, 2006, 16:31
yea this just looks like a nice way for me to use those 1gb sd's i have lying around =)

it also seems that once you put 2 cards in and format, they must remain a pair, and can be removed and other cards can be put in, but those 2 must be in the SAME slots as they were in when you formated them.

S34MU5
October 2nd, 2006, 16:38
boring ass video

digihoe
October 2nd, 2006, 17:13
Does this work with a regular MemoryStick Pro Duo and a SD card as a pair?

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 17:18
Apparently not, there's not Pro or Pro Duo slot.
Here!

kando
October 2nd, 2006, 17:30
kirkby is wise beyond his years - . -

:D

Sektor
October 2nd, 2006, 17:30
Shipping to Australia is 8.47 USD. I'm thinking about buying one but I don't have any spare SD cards. I have a CF card that I use with my DS but this doesn't take CF.

kando
October 2nd, 2006, 17:31
Shipping to Australia is 8.47 USD. I'm thinking about buying one but I don't have any spare SD cards. I have a CF card that I use with my DS but this doesn't take CF.

they do sell a cf adapter but its 40+ usd not including shipping :(

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 17:32
kirkby is wise beyond his years - . -

:D
Why thank you, young Jedi!

lunasicc
October 2nd, 2006, 18:09
So can we use this with our existing Duo's? Or with this adapter we can only use SD/MMC?

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 18:19
Read post 18

kando
October 2nd, 2006, 18:49
btw gorillaz 4tw

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 18:54
Gorillaz are the sh*t. Aside from the Arctic monkeys. And Oasis. And The Killers. And Kaiser Chiefs. And Bloc Party. And Coldplay.

Sousanator
October 2nd, 2006, 22:56
that doesnt look comfortable

notaforumtroll
October 3rd, 2006, 00:21
that doesnt look comfortable

Looks very uncomfortable, and cumbersome
if youre hurtin that bad for mem space save your money and invest it in a 4gig memstick duo

uhoh_hotdogs
October 3rd, 2006, 03:35
if youre hurtin that bad for mem space save your money and invest it in a 4gig memstick duo
That's what I was thinking, but I guess if you have that many SD cards or something.

MikeDX
October 3rd, 2006, 10:53
Got mine this morning. Took my 2gb SD out of my supercard and put it in the PSP. It recognised it straight away and read VERY quickly.

Going to try it out tonight with a clean 2gb SD, but I think it's going to be a result. bye bye crappy 512mb msduo, hello 2gb SD!

Nookadum
October 3rd, 2006, 15:57

Too bad 4GB MSPDs are horrendously expensive (~$100) compared to 150x 2GB SD (~$40) cards. :p

kando
October 3rd, 2006, 17:23
it is a bit cumbersome....one of the plastic pieces that supposedly goes into the holes where 2 screws in the back of ur psp go broke off...so im using velcro, but heck its still a really neat concept, i dont see any possible way for something to be less cumbersome.

the only thing is im thinking about cutting the plastic notch in the memory card plastic protector...it looks like its PERFECT for the circuit part to pass through. any thoughts?

MikeDX
October 3rd, 2006, 21:04
Right. my thoughts so far.

firstly, this thing is fast. OK so I'm using fast SD cards, but that asside, this wipes the floor with my sandisk 256 512 and 1gb cards.

secondly, you can only get the double 2gb space if you format both cards at the same time in the psp - which is great if you have 2 cards just lying about.

it is a bit bulky, but its a small price to pay for the cheap memory now at my disposal.

I got another one here, already in the uk.. £20 posted? :)

bails
October 3rd, 2006, 21:41
Mike I'll have it off you.

mavsman4457
October 4th, 2006, 02:05
Call me stupid but when I plug the expander into the PSP and the memory cards into the expander, my PSP doesn't detect any memory stick. Any suggestions?

Edit: Ok I have further evaluated my problem. I tried putting the SD card in slot A and it detected the SD card so I guess it just isn't detecting my memory stick. It is supposed to read memory sticks right? Could I be putting the memory stick in wrong?

kando
October 4th, 2006, 03:23
Call me stupid but when I plug the expander into the PSP and the memory cards into the expander, my PSP doesn't detect any memory stick. Any suggestions?

Edit: Ok I have further evaluated my problem. I tried putting the SD card in slot A and it detected the SD card so I guess it just isn't detecting my memory stick. It is supposed to read memory sticks right? Could I be putting the memory stick in wrong?

if you read this whole post, you would see it only supports SD, MIN-SD, and MMC memory cards. N O T MEMORY STICK or MEMORY STICK DUO's.

not to sound like a jerk, but its in plain english a few posts up :)

mavsman4457
October 4th, 2006, 17:45
Thanks, and I did say call me stupid.

Edit: Also, I was a little confused because it said, "Support any kinds of SD/MINI SD/MMC memory stick." Why would it say memory stick at the end if it didn't support a memory stick?

vladiftodi
October 4th, 2006, 21:47
does it support like 2.71 firmware?

kando
October 4th, 2006, 21:53
Thanks, and I did say call me stupid.

Edit: Also, I was a little confused because it said, "Support any kinds of SD/MINI SD/MMC memory stick." Why would it say memory stick at the end if it didn't support a memory stick?

honestly i didnt think it did because it wasnt in caps, but i thought it would be a nice bonus....ill give ya credit cuz it crossed my mind too =)

and

does it support like 2.71 firmware?

actually i needed to devhook into 2.71 to first format my 2 1gb cards together, so yes it does :) should support 2.80 and 2.81 as well.

and thankfully, it DOESNT work when "backups" are split into 2 cards.