PDA

View Full Version : Booting US/JAP Games

steveola
April 14th, 2004, 19:43
OK, I have obtained some cool import games, but am having trouble booting them.

Now, I can use the Utopia V1.1 Boot Disc and it works fine with the RF cable that came with my DC, but as you know RF picture quality totally blows!

I tend to mostly use my DC with the VGA box, because this gives an absolutely awesome picture quality.
(anyone who hasn't played Soul Calibur with a VGA box hasn't lived!) ;)

Right, so being the fussy bugger that I am, I want to play imports using the VGA box. I can confirm that the import games in question are VGA compatible, so no problem there.

However, I can't get the damn things to boot with it. I have tried the VGA hacked Utopia V1.2 but that doesnt work. I have also tried booting using the NTSC option on my Action Replay disc: Still no joy though >:(

After doing a bit of research, I have seen a couple of products that might do the trick, and I wanted to find out if anyone else had used them before I shell out any of my hard-earned cash. :-/

The first is the Blaze DC-X

The other one is DC-IE (Dreamcast Import Enabler)

I need to know if anyone has used these products, and if they are compatible with the VGA box?

I hope somebody can help me out :'(

steveola
April 30th, 2004, 19:55
Problem Solved !!! * *:)

If anyone is interested how:

I downloaded and burned the Gameshark CDX v3.3 from ******** Dunno if this is legal or not, but its there to download and has been for a quite a while. *Most probably the company who owns it doesn't give a monkey's about DC stuff *:-/

Apparently this is the US version of the Action Replay disc. *(hacked, so that no dongle is required).

So, simply boot with the disc, insert Jap Game, select 'Run Game Without Codes', and off it goes.

Now I can play all my lovely Japanese games on the fantastic VGA box. *;D

Happy days are here again! *w00t!

Edit, unless its a demo, i would consider it warez still

wraggster
April 30th, 2004, 22:57
i need to buy a vga box :)

LyonHrt
April 30th, 2004, 23:44
Yeah i think dc-x has that option as well, you can also force 50hz games into 60 with that

Oh and linking to sites like that is againt the rules.

steveola
May 1st, 2004, 15:17
wupz sorry! (it wasnt a link though),