PDA

View Full Version : Quzar...a word in ur ear

zodttd
October 2nd, 2006, 20:01
I don't think it was a good idea to make the post about AnonymousCoder. It looks like it could cause a mess with DCEmu. You might want to delete/edit it out.

Let me know...

quzar
October 2nd, 2006, 20:11
? You'll have to be more specific.

Zion
October 2nd, 2006, 20:13
what do you mean?

wraggster
October 2nd, 2006, 20:16
ive removed the posts involved.

We dont want QJ to find any info out, and it might pay to keep any knowledge firmly to ones self

wraggster
October 2nd, 2006, 20:22
also changed the topic because even though they cant access this forum it shows up in the new topics.

and please dont post any info at all in here

quzar
October 2nd, 2006, 20:23
actually, lets move this topic to a more private place...

quzar
October 3rd, 2006, 19:14
So this is in a damn private place now, mind filling me in as to why you want to be so secretive? If it's to keep noobs from bugging you, I can understadn and respect that, but if it's seriously for fear of legal retribution, you're vastly mistaken as to what sony can and cannot do.

Darksaviour69
October 3rd, 2006, 20:55
this place was made a while ago, because there were so many coders that had access to the other coders forum, this was to be a tight group of coders. metafox was heading it kind of, the idea was that new coders well elected into the group by other coders, nothing to do with us staff. But it never took off.

Only the people on that list can see this forum or even knows its exists

quzar
October 3rd, 2006, 22:32
this place was made a while ago, because there were so many coders that had access to the other coders forum, this was to be a tight group of coders. metafox was heading it kind of, the idea was that new coders well elected into the group by other coders, nothing to do with us staff. But it never took off.

Only the people on that list can see this forum or even knows its exists

aww <3. I was talking to AnonymousCoder and Zodttd explaining that this place has almost no access from the outside world, and wondering if I could get some sort of explanation

Tinnus
October 5th, 2006, 00:07
OK, here's your brief explanation.

1) zodttd and myself know A.C. (well that's kinda obvious to you already, heh)

2) there are some, tight reasons involving other people, why there can't be a port of psx4all to the PSP. That also means that some part of psx4all shouldn't be running on the PSP either. We don't want some specific folks starting with the letter that comes after R to think there's any psx4all involvement with the PSP since that could cause trouble to someone.

3) 1 + 2 = people connecting PS1P to psx4all. That could potentially cause the problems cited in (2).

That doesn't matter we didn't give him some insight though. That could explain some "strange similarities" in the long run.

I hope that was good enough for you and now you can understand both why there's no psx4psp and our concern with PS1P matters :)

I'd also like to ask you (not wanting to sound rude, REALLY, just asking) to please not "incite" people to think too much about that.

quzar
October 5th, 2006, 00:45
I can't believe that you seriously think that you have any sort of reason to fear legal retribution. Is this based on some sort of precedent, or just plain 'ol paranoia? (no insult intended, it just seems horribly silly to me)

zodttd
October 17th, 2007, 07:14
I have no issues being upfront about things, as Quzar says, there's no legal issues involved for Tinnus. I had a hard time understanding Tinnus' post, but I think he's referring to members of the team who work within the commercial (aka officially licensed) console gaming sector. Thats been the stem of our issues open sourcing this.

PSmonkey
October 23rd, 2007, 02:41
I have a serious question. Why really focus on a ps1 emu for psp? Its bound to take alot of time and work for it even to support things POP might not (in terms of compatibility).

Would it not be best to tackel PSX Like systems like arcade boards System 11/12/zn-1/2 ?

Tinnus
November 17th, 2007, 19:05
zodttd: Talk about answering late :P But yeah, you're right :)

PSmonkey: At the time PS1P was "in the press", Sony's emulator wasn't released yet, and we didn't even know if we would manage to use it to play any game we wished.

psx4all's goal though, is to emulate PS1 all over, hence the name.