PDA

View Full Version : SNEmulDS v0.2 for Max Media

wraggster
October 2nd, 2006, 21:44
Archeide (http://snemul.free.fr/ds/) posted a new MAX MEDIA version of SNEmul DS!!

SNEmulDS 0.2 has been rebuilt for Max Media devices. Thanks to korbob for pointing me about libfat changes.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

bigwest
October 2nd, 2006, 23:16
the game games load up ok at first but then the screen just messes up into lots of colours and you cannot see the game.

Keile
October 3rd, 2006, 02:10
It works, but the games seem to run buggy. So far i have tried Final Fantasy III, and the text is..well hard to describe, but it isnt right. I see double, and some of the backgrounds are not were they should be.

Super Metroid works fine, until I get to actual gameplay, then it looks buggy.

Link to the Past works with hardly any bugs ^.^

Super Mario RPG will not run at all...

Super Mario All Starsis very buggy, but with manipulation of the options, it is playable, but you cant tell which of the mario games you are choosing, it is kinda trial and error. Once in the individual Mario games, it looks a bit buggy, but is VERY playable.

NOTE: I am playing these with the MMD/4Gig HDD combo.

Amethyst
October 3rd, 2006, 11:25
So, in other words, there's not much difference between this and the first version.

Almost everything I played was buggy.

iball
October 3rd, 2006, 17:01
At least someone is recompiling this stuff for the kids with the cripple cart.

Keile
October 3rd, 2006, 22:52
At least someone is recompiling this stuff for the kids with the cripple cart.

Ya know, every time you post you never have anything positive to say. And when you say "kids" i can pretty much guarantee i am older than you. Please keep comments such as this to yourself, or at least word them in a non demeaning manor.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 3rd, 2006, 23:18
Yeah, iball, watch it. It's getting irritating.

Yeah, Max Media sucks. Yeah, some people bought it. Let them have their peace with their cards and special programs.

Don't do it again, and I shall stop as well.

bobrumbly
October 4th, 2006, 05:54
yeah more than just kids have max media im 23 and i have it. ohh and by the way u can run most ds roms native on it. cant do that on the other devices.

Keile
October 4th, 2006, 19:07
The MMD is like a different operating system than the other Devices. To put it metaphorically, the MMD is like a Mac, and the others are like PC's. They have ups and downs, but the "PC" ones are more compatable with programs, whereas the "Mac" needs them to be changed a bit in order for them to run.

iball
October 4th, 2006, 20:11
Yeah, iball, watch it. It's getting irritating.

Yeah, Max Media sucks. Yeah, some people bought it. Let them have their peace with their cards and special programs.

Don't do it again, and I shall stop as well.
Ok, then...'nuff said about the special cart.

The MMD is like a different operating system than the other Devices. To put it metaphorically, the MMD is like a Mac, and the others are like PC's. They have ups and downs, but the "PC" ones are more compatable with programs, whereas the "Mac" needs them to be changed a bit in order for them to run.
Actually, the MMD is more like Windows CE 1.0.
Promised a lot, and delivered very little.

kcajblue
October 4th, 2006, 23:48
ohh and by the way u can run most ds roms native on it. cant do that on the other devices.hey, there is NO ROM DISCUSSION ALLOWED!!!

alirazaq
October 8th, 2006, 02:13
umm how do you run it i double click it it doesn't work
Im using the CF version of MMD

oregono
October 9th, 2006, 21:33
yeah more than just kids have max media im 23 and i have it. ohh and by the way u can run most ds roms native on it. cant do that on the other devices.

runs everything for me too

toymin80r
October 10th, 2006, 23:50
do i have to put the emulator along with the roms in any folder or does it have to be in a certain place?

toymin80r
October 11th, 2006, 00:28
alright, i got it to show the roms, but it says that its 0 bytes and when i choose a rom the top screen goes black

Mr. SnO0kies
October 17th, 2006, 02:23
Alright I would simply love this if it works, but the only problem for me is that when I try it. The screen goes black with white letters saying

"Found FS!"
"No files found."
"Please put ROMs in SNES directory of your CF/SD card"

I don't know what that means??? :'(
If anyone could help it would be much appreciated
I have the Max Media Player /w Four gig drive,
and my Snes program is in the same folder with the roms, and finally the roms are ".smc"
thanks for the help :)

Bonic
October 17th, 2006, 03:01
read my guide for version 3

Mr. SnO0kies
October 17th, 2006, 03:16
Alright cool it works now, but i'm now getting the same problem as toymin80r. Where I have the list of roms, but they all have a size of 0 bytes and when I try to run them nothing happens its just a black screen on top. Yet again i'm sadend... :'(
lol but seriously thanks for any more help!

Telemachus
October 17th, 2006, 16:24
I've got the MMD and my own card in it, and the program itself works fine. I'm testing on Strike Gunner STG (old favorite) and it boots. Granted, the sound doesn't work, some of the images are either absent (like the enemies and my shots) or garbled (opening screen), but at least it boots. Thats more than I've gotten out of any other program I've tried.

toymin80r
October 18th, 2006, 00:03
I finally got it to work. Just make sure that the emulator is in the basic directory, and create a folder in the same directory and name it "SNES", and thats where you should put the roms in. The reason that it wasnt working for me at first is because i put the emulator and the roms in the same directory without putting the roms a folder. Thats why it said 0 bytes, because it was looking for a file that didnt exist in the SNES folder.

Bonic
October 18th, 2006, 03:28
Dude, I said read my guide on the version 3 topic :P
It told you that.

toymin80r
October 18th, 2006, 23:47
just so you know, thats what i read and thats how it worked. You seem a little pissed off at me, i didnt mean to get you mad. Just chill out, im new in this homebrew thing. And i know im posting this on V 0.2, but i just wanted to make sure someone read it on each SNES topic so try to not get mad if i do this again, srry for the NES post too, just wanted to post it somewhere that ill know people would read.

Bonic
October 19th, 2006, 03:18
Yeah, I was pissed at that time, I was tired. Anyway, for help on things, goto the Nintendo Consoles Emulation, Homebrew, Gaming & Help Forum.

alirazaq
October 23rd, 2006, 09:27
I finally got it to work. Just make sure that the emulator is in the basic directory, and create a folder in the same directory and name it "SNES", and thats where you should put the roms in. The reason that it wasnt working for me at first is because i put the emulator and the roms in the same directory without putting the roms a folder. Thats why it said 0 bytes, because it was looking for a file that didnt exist in the SNES folder.
Yeah I had the same problem I will see if this works