PDA

View Full Version : Default Non TA-082's available in UK shops now!

Baboon
October 2nd, 2006, 22:00
I've just completed a sucessful downdate for a mate's brand new PSP. The machine I sorted out was a factory 2.6 PSP and its not a TA-082... and the good news is that its brand new and bought from the shelf in 'Comet' in Marsh Mills, Plymouth, England. He bought it yesterday and theres plenty more in the store. Its the 1gb pack without any games for £218... so any UK gamers in the area get one now for a bargain homebrew system! :)

Ideal that theres still shops selling these versions of the PSP! :D

edit: Cool this is my first front page news entry! :)

lamo_PSP_king
October 2nd, 2006, 22:23
hhhmmm 218 seems alittle steep to me but i suppose for homebrew its worth it

Baboon
October 2nd, 2006, 22:34
It's not the cheapest I've seen, but I reckon its pretty cool that theres places out there where you can still buy these versions from local shops. :)

On ebay I've seen homebrew ready machines go for silly amounts of money just so people can jump on the 1.5 homebrew bandwagon.

This is going to make quite a few of my friends very happy, but I guess only once I've helped em all downdate! lol :D

jamesmc3stripe
October 2nd, 2006, 23:16
...:S i bought a white psp in may and it was not the mother board tht cant downgrade but i updated to 2.80:S.. it broke tho:D and i sent it back under warrenty and the sent me a compleatly new one fw 2.60:D, it was allso origonal motherboard.
so most shops still have the origonal motherboards and tht was normall price

so buy a white one, from glasgows g-force, £180 with 32mb stick and 1 game of your choice and ask for one from the origonal shipment to be sure and hey presto.. downgrade and have hombrew:D:D:D:D

Veskgar
October 3rd, 2006, 00:35
Does anyone know if PSP's are shipping to stores in the U.S.A. with 2.80/2.81 firmware pre-installed yet?

And could anyone recommend any trustworthy sites selling BRAND NEW downgrade-ready PSP's?

BL4Z3D247
October 3rd, 2006, 00:41
And could anyone recommend any trustworthy sites selling BRAND NEW downgrade-ready PSP's?
http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_SONY_PSP_Value_Pack_Ver1_52_w__NHL_05_USA _Ver.html
u get the value pack with a NHL 05(US ver.) game i believe

Broadus
October 3rd, 2006, 00:47
Hot damn! Lucky UKers!

emuking
October 3rd, 2006, 00:56
how much is 218 pounds in american dollars, i might consider buying one

Video_freak
October 3rd, 2006, 00:59
Just to let everyone know, Gamestops and Bestbuys in the bay area (maybe all of the US) have only TA-082 motherboards. Sony actually called one of my local Gamestops to send back the non TA-082s... :(

emuking
October 3rd, 2006, 01:04
Just to let everyone know, Gamestops and Bestbuys in the bay area (maybe all of the US) have only TA-082 motherboards. Sony actually called one of my local Gamestops to send back the non TA-082s... :(

nooooooo i live in california im screwed :(

Panini
October 3rd, 2006, 01:20
Good find! Shame I dont live anywhere near there. :)

Baboon
October 3rd, 2006, 01:36
From the same store you can purchase a basic pack that doesnt include a memory card or game for about £149 (it might be cheaper again but i cant remember). You could then order a 4gb card online for about £70 http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_SanDisk_Memory_Stick_Pro_Duo_4GB_w__Adapt or.html?aff_id=24# and pay the same price as the 1gb PSP pack from the UK store (Comet). :)

Like someone previously said if you look around you can find it for quite a bit cheaper, but you cant beat walking to the high street knowing you wont get ripped off, as opposed to some of the bafoons selling on ebay etc.

Veskgar
October 3rd, 2006, 01:58
That is discouraging. I didn't expect SONY to go that far to fight downgrades. Looks like it is going to be hard to track down non TA-082 PSP's.

deediare
October 3rd, 2006, 02:05
That is discouraging. I didn't expect SONY to go that far to fight downgrades. Looks like it is going to be hard to track down non TA-082 PSP's. Oh my, seriously that's a wee little too far...man Sony is determined...I really didn't expect THAT much.

blackrave
October 3rd, 2006, 02:21
Soon there will be a TA-082 downgrader, so don't be afraid of buying that, I say. Are there any good things about that motherboard? Doesn't it use less batteries or something?

M!ckeY
October 3rd, 2006, 02:27
wow, sony went as far as to call back the non-TA082 psp's >.>

mr_nick666
October 3rd, 2006, 09:16
Soon there will be a TA-082 downgrader, so don't be afraid of buying that, I say. Are there any good things about that motherboard? Doesn't it use less batteries or something?

/\ /\ I havent heard the battery thing before :confused: Like you say though - A TA-082 downgrader is being worked on so fingers crossed! :o

Nice find Baboon ;) Why did you change your avatar and sig?? :eek: They're pretty but its not the old Baboon I know and love! (platonically mind you!) :rolleyes: Prototype... :D

Veskgar
October 3rd, 2006, 12:28
A TA-082 downgrader is being worked on so fingers crossed! :o
I thought the TA-082 downgrader was only for FACTORY 2.50 PSP's?

This is being worked on by http://0okm.blogspot.com (0okm)? Right?

crazyguy85
October 3rd, 2006, 19:00
I bought a white PSP Value Pack 2 weeks ago from Gamestation in Liverpool (UK) with Loco Roco, Daxter and Ghost in the Shell UMD Movie for £169. It was a tasty 2.60 fw version with a non TA-082 which I downgraded when I got home :) should imagine they had plenty in stock. 2gb mem sticks are £49.99 in there too which didn't seem too bad so grabbed one while I was there

DKing
October 5th, 2006, 02:13
I got a 2.60 non TA-082 from Best Buy not that long ago. Not in CA though. Your best bet is to look for the Value Packs. Since they're not a real value (imo) most people don't get those. Best Buy actually tried steering me away from the value pack. But once I saw that firmware version that was indicated on the side of the box he wasn't able to change my mind. So yeah.. $50 more but was downgradable. Was worth it to me!

Lodis
October 5th, 2006, 02:29
how much is 218 pounds in american dollars, i might consider buying one

£218 is about 411 US Dollars. Something tells me that you won't consider this anymore.

mr_nick666
October 5th, 2006, 09:52
I thought the TA-082 downgrader was only for FACTORY 2.50 PSP's?

This is being worked on by http://0okm.blogspot.com (0okm)? Right?

Last thing I heard they are working on possible downgrading of 2.5+ PSPs :rolleyes: Now Ookm has ceased downgrading though Im not sure about its future :( Lets hope someone else takes up the challenge! :cool: