PDA

View Full Version : Capcom Teaches Japanese

wraggster
October 2nd, 2006, 23:17
The DS already has a bunch of kanji learning programs (we count at least five), but what about those who want to brush up on their Japanese as a whole? Enter Capcom, whose latest DS title aims to teach proper Japanese.

At least that's what the Megaman publisher's latest game seems to be about. Official details on "Tadashii Nihongo DS" haven't been given out -- not in Japanese, and certainly not in English -- but seeing as how the title translates to "Proper Japanese DS," we're probably not too far off.

As a note, rather than attempting to appeal to the small, but important, but small (but important), group of foreign-born Japanese learners out there, this game is probably meant to help brush up the language skills of native Japanese speakers. We'll let you know how much it helps the non Japanese type once we've gotten our hands on the title.

And that will be... well, we're not sure just yet. Tadashii Nihongo DS appeared out of nowhere today on a list of titles to be shown in the Capcom booth at the upcoming Games Festa 2006 in Osaka, which is sort of like the Tokyo Game Show except a $250 bullet train ride to the south from the world's biggest city (rather than a $6 train ride to the east), and on a much smaller scale. We're talking tents here!

The game will presumably be playable at the Osaka game show, but aside from that, we don't have a release date.

Via IGN (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/736/736726p1.html)

ACID
October 3rd, 2006, 06:03
Hopefully its true thats the languaeg i really want to learn at least to read.

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 06:06
OH yea i relly need to know how to understand that language, theres a bunch of japanese cuties out there hehehe, but the language barrier kills it ><

firstknight
October 3rd, 2006, 07:41
yeah... well a proper ds games that helps to learn language is cooll...

Amethyst
October 3rd, 2006, 11:23
Hopefully this will be a very effective learning tool.

GobboFett
October 3rd, 2006, 11:30
Yes this would be really cool if it was English > Japanese learning tool. My knowledge of the Japanese language goes as far as most Katakana, a little Hirigana and next to no Kanji. Mostly I picked it up from JPN Pokemon games and some JPN Transformers toys :D

iball
October 3rd, 2006, 16:58
If you think about the future economy, learning Chinese would be better.