PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man Dated, Milked

wraggster
October 2nd, 2006, 23:18
First there was Pokemon Red and Green. One game, two versions. Sales doubled, and everyone wanted in on the act.

Enter Capcom, whose Rockman (aka Mega Man) character enjoyed popularity amongst Japanese youths following the airing of a successful Saturday morning anime (or as they call them over here, cartoon). Capcom's released its Game Boy Advance Mega Man Battle Network games in two packages, each containing a separate set of characters.

Battle Network died on the Game Boy Advance. And in its place came Ryusei Rockman, or Shooting Star Rockman, or Shooting Star Mega Man, or Mega Man Star Force (only one of these is the tentative American title... we'll let you figure out which one!). And in place of two SKUs came... three.

This latest Rockman game will hit Japan on 12/14, Capcom announced today. It will be available in three forms: Dragon, Leo and Pegasus. Each version will cost 4,800 yen and will feature a different version of the blue hero for when the five year old main character, Subaru, decides he needs to transform in order to get things done..

Capcom is positioning this title as its big 20th anniversary celebration event for the series. It's unclear if the company hopes gamers will actually buy all three versions. But with the Ryusei Rockman anime (cartoon) starting up on Japanese TV this Sunday morning at 8:30, we're sure there'll be enough diehards who do just that. And then next time, maybe there'll be four!
Via IGN (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/736/736727p1.html)

ACID
October 2nd, 2006, 23:22
I hope it will be a great game

kcajblue
October 3rd, 2006, 00:29
yeah. i really like the megaman games. all of the other megaman games were good so this one should be good too.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 3rd, 2006, 01:54
It's gonna be as bad as Battle Network.

IMO, only the Boktai parts in 3, 4, and 5 were worth it. Network Transmission wasn't bad either, considering it was ORIGINAL MM format, not the 9 square bullshit.

kcajblue
October 3rd, 2006, 01:58
i liked battle network.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 3rd, 2006, 02:13
Some were good, the rest, BLAGH. Now this NEW one, PUSHING IT, CAPCOM!

Ani-Monster
October 3rd, 2006, 03:09
i liked megaman battle network 2

loved 2

REALLY loved 3

4 was ok

and 5 and 6 were worth playing, but nothing special

Keile
October 3rd, 2006, 03:36
Megama...ahh yes...Megaman. A series that can release the same thing over and over and over, yet still sell awfully well...wait a sec....that sounds like Pokemon..and...Dynasty Warriors!

Yet...i am still addicted to MegaMan, just not the new ones, i stick to my Classics and my X's.

rokobungi
October 3rd, 2006, 04:42
how do you get milk out of a robot? er.. 'fighting android'?

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 06:05
I don't get that part either roko but w/e's hope this game turns out to be good.

btw they should focus on making new creative games instead of remaking the same tittles with same characters, games are getting borring cuz they all the same concept.

weaselboy246
October 3rd, 2006, 06:05
yea MMBN3 was a good game, then it went downhill

GobboFett
October 3rd, 2006, 11:26
It's gonna be as bad as Battle Network.

IMO, only the Boktai parts in 3, 4, and 5 were worth it. Network Transmission wasn't bad either, considering it was ORIGINAL MM format, not the 9 square bullshit.

Jesus THH Battle Network were very good games. And every time a thread is started about new MMBN or MMBN based games starts you're all "WHOA, BN sucks sooo much". Battle Network was an excellent series with interesting characters and game mechanics, give it credit for what it is instead of just flame, flame, flame.

iball
October 3rd, 2006, 17:26
Jesus THH Battle Network were very good games. And every time a thread is started about new MMBN or MMBN based games starts you're all "WHOA, BN sucks sooo much". Battle Network was an excellent series with interesting characters and game mechanics, give it credit for what it is instead of just flame, flame, flame.
I liked the MMBN games myself and I pretty much hate Mega Man games.

pas
October 3rd, 2006, 18:58
I love Megaman Battlenetwork, I hope that this one gets good AND gets Wifi.

Greets:

Pas

GobboFett
October 4th, 2006, 11:38
I liked the MMBN games myself and I pretty much hate Mega Man games.

I have to fully agree with you iball here. Hate is a bit of a harsh word though :( Maybe just "prefer" MMBN would be better. But seriously, MegaMan/RockMan purists shouldn't shun MMBN JUST because they aren't like the original MegaMan games. The RockMan.EXE anime series' (RockMan.EXE, Axess, Stream, Beast) were awesome also :D