PDA

View Full Version : ZionMax Coding Competition 2006

Zion
October 3rd, 2006, 00:45
After only been open 2 days, ZionMax.com is having its very own coding competition!

The site is hosted by the emulation64 network

Main site/Front Page : Click Here (http://zionmax.com)

Forum (where submissions should be posted) : Click Here (http://www.zionmax.com/forum/)

This competition is for PSP Coding and Ds coding :D
Only submissions for those two consoles will be accepted :D

Here are the prizes for the competition :

1st Place = http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/dreamcast.jpg

Sega Dreamcast Console with 18 Games + 2 Controllers + 2 Vmu Units.
Games included are :

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis 2, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Virtua Fighter 3tb, Metropolis Street Racer, Silent Scope, Virtua Stiker 2, NFL Blitz 2000, NBA Hoopz, Capcom vs SNK, Sega Smash Pack vol1, Ikaruga, Speed Devils, Crazy Taxi, Shenmue 2, Soul Calibur.

2nd Place = http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/nintendo64.jpg

Nintendo64 Console With 2 Games + 1 Gamepad + 1 Memory Card + 1 Rumble pack, Expansion Pack.

Games included are :

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask & Perfect Dark.

3rd Place = http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/genesis.jpg

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Console with Games + 1 Controller

Games Included are :

Will check later and then post them :p

4th Place = http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/gameboy.jpg

Nintendo Gameboy with Games + Charger

Games included are :

Will check later and then post them :p

Thanks for entering guys :D

Any Donations made to the competition are welcomed and thanked.

I will have the paypal donations link set up either today or tomorrow

These rules must be followed or your entry will not be accepted.

1. Entry's must be New or Updated Applications/Games.
2. Entry's must not contain copyrighted material, such as ripped sprites etc.
3. Maximum of 3 Entry's per user.

-----------Competition Info-------------

1. To see the prizes the competition is offering click Here ( http://www.zion.mod-servers.net/forum/index.php?c=6)

2. The competition will run from now 28th of September 2006 until the first of November 2006.
3. All entry's must be submitted before that date to be eligable for the prizes.
4. Prizes will be posted out a week after the winners have been announced.
5. Voting accounts for 50% of the final decision. The other 50% is decided by the judges.
6. Any users found guilty of rigging the votes will be kicked off the competition and not win a prize. (we all know why)
7. Prizes are only in single units (only one availible per position) so if you finish first you will win the first prize. Second wins the second place prize etc....there are no exeptions on this.
8. Releases must be posted here first, they can be posted on other sites after 2 days of submittance here.
9. Entrys must be submitted to ZionMax only.

--------------Notice about the prizes--------

Obviously these prizes are not new, and cannot be bought new due to them being out of production.

They are all in mint condition and in fully working order.

Edit : I had to repost this and delete the old one becuase the links + rules were wrong + All the site issues were very embarassing :rolleyes:

Stoner4Life
October 3rd, 2006, 00:50
Perfect time to release the Ps1p emu

gymnotropic
October 3rd, 2006, 00:55
Good luck to all of the coders. Those are some grand prizes. :P

Malksta
October 3rd, 2006, 01:34
Nice :)

gotmilk0112
October 3rd, 2006, 01:43
AGH!!! I WANT THAT GENESIS!!! but sadly, i dont know crap about coding :(

Stoner4Life
October 3rd, 2006, 01:58
Yeah but all of those systems are outdated and obsolete

CrAzY_fLiP3
October 3rd, 2006, 03:07
:D lol me want dreamcast.

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 05:08
they are great collecters items

MasterChafed
October 3rd, 2006, 05:51
i desperately want that genesis. I mourn the day mine was destroyed when my house burned to the ground. :'(

ACID
October 3rd, 2006, 05:56
But for a colector they are geat prices.:D

pibs
October 3rd, 2006, 06:02
i desperately want that genesis. I mourn the day mine was destroyed when my house burned to the ground. :'(
wow that sucks man, but if u can withstand one day at a swapmeet(if they have them where u live) then u can easly get a genesis for $15 complete and bargain with the vendors to get some games while ur at it.

Cap'n 1time
October 3rd, 2006, 06:27

get the **** out of dcemu.

ACID
October 3rd, 2006, 06:28
wow that sucks man, but if u can withstand one day at a swapmeet(if they have them where u live) then u can easly get a genesis for $15 complete and bargain with the vendors to get some games while ur at it.
Its true i see them all the time at thoes farmers markets.:D

Granado_jake
October 3rd, 2006, 07:15
Man if anyone wants a Genesis, i would be happy to sell one with two controllers and about 6 or seven games. It is in perfect working order, i have used it only a few times, contact me via [email protected] if you are interested, title message about the Genesis...or something like that lol, thanks.

J4K3:D :cool:

MUDD
October 3rd, 2006, 07:34
i agree with stoner ,there all junk
and if yo can get a dreamcast for
15 bucks how is that a nice first
place prize?

i took the dreamcast back the day
i bought it,it didnt work right.

Cap'n 1time
October 3rd, 2006, 08:23
place prize?

If you find a $15 dreamcast in good condition on ebay let me know. yes shipping cost counts. Anyone that calls these retro platforms junk is someone who has no sence what gaming is all about and DOES NOT BELONG IN THESE FORUMS! the DC > your crappy PS2's and, hell yeah i say it, PSP's.

i took the dreamcast back the day
i bought it,it didnt work right.

Thats because god hates you.

emuking
October 3rd, 2006, 08:24
i dont care about collecting i want to play that dreamcast, damn too bad i dont know crap about coding :(

emuking
October 3rd, 2006, 08:27

i saw the original famicom at a swap meet in national,now i feel bad about not buying it :(

quzar
October 3rd, 2006, 08:32
Ikaruga Alone is worth around 50$, and a good deal of the other games there are worth at least 20$ (Shenmue 2 fetches at least 40$)

mr_nick666
October 3rd, 2006, 08:46
If you find a $15 dreamcast in good condition on ebay let me know. yes shipping cost counts. Anyone that calls these retro platforms junk is someone who has no sence what gaming is all about and DOES NOT BELONG IN THESE FORUMS! the DC > your crappy PS2's and, hell yeah i say it, PSP's.

/\ /\ Amen for some good sense :p These kids dont realise that without all these consoles they wouldnt have their PSPs and their PS2s :mad: I started at a ZX-81 and worked my way through to todays "next-gen" consoles - Great days... :rolleyes:

/\ /\ Ha ha ha ha ha! :D Laughed my ass off! ;) I bet his PSP is going to be struck my lightning next! :p

dejkirkby
October 3rd, 2006, 09:29
1timeuser. spokesperson for the RETRO gaming generation. You don't like older gaming, then get the hell out and don't get shot by the super scope on the way out.

ninja9393
October 3rd, 2006, 13:08
place prize?
if there wasent a dreamcast they wouldent have a dcemu

and plus the dc was one of the best game consles ever in my opinion

psiko_scweek
October 3rd, 2006, 13:44
i just want the N64, i had hours of fun playing it a lil while back!

nintendo pwns all

MUDD
October 3rd, 2006, 14:13
to be honest that dreamcast was the coolest console ive ever bought and i wanted house of the dead real bad so when it didnt work i was very sad.

and then we got a xbox and it was corupting save data so that went back almost the same day.

PC is the only game platform i like now .long live PC

and i dont belive in gods so thats not the problem
i dare a god to take away my psp .and if there is a god then he can have it.

1timeuser you made me choke on my coffee reading that lol man thats funny.you guys are great

lamo_PSP_king
October 3rd, 2006, 15:48
dreamcast rules i got two of them 1 chipped and one not i got a mega drive but never had a n64 that would be nice ;-)

alecpure
October 3rd, 2006, 17:44
i have a question...
who the hell put together these prize packages? lol
And all the stuff that comes with the dreamcast makes me wanna learn coding.

Cap'n 1time
October 3rd, 2006, 18:05
1timeuser you made me choke on my coffee reading that lol man thats funny.you guys are great

I am glad you wernt offended. It was ment as a joke in all honesty.

S34MU5
October 3rd, 2006, 18:28
funny the first prize is a Dreamcast....

StoneCut
October 3rd, 2006, 22:54
Well, I personall think this compo and the prizes is great. So the prizes didn't cost hundreds of dollars but they are chosen with love and dedication.

I think any entrants for this compo will show the same dedication and love just for the fun of it. I'm really looking forward to it.

Then again, I'd rather have a fully working DreamCast (nice!) or a Gameboy with games than some stupid cart for a DS like some other contests, you know ;)

Any of these consoles are classics, just as any entrants for that compo will hopefully be.

aries2k4
October 3rd, 2006, 23:49
Hey , I love retro-gaming, For me those were the days. You´ve got to respect someone who´s offering their own personal things as prizes. That´s Community spirit. certain people should realize that.

MUDD
October 4th, 2006, 04:59
honestly im sorry we have gotten of topic here .i was just talking smack about the dreamcast for reason stated above.what was the topic anyway?

but the more i think about it the more i still think there crap prizes .how about a REAL trophie maybe
something like a dreamcast dipped in gold ,silver,bronze something real you know what i mean + the systems.

anyway i dont even know what the topic is but plaese return to it .i honestly feel bad that were of topic here ,sorry to everyone here for my part in it .

GO CODERS !!!!!

Granado_jake
October 4th, 2006, 05:46
All old systems rule....Super Nes...Metal Combat hell yeah....and yet again, If anyone wants a Genesis, two controllers and 7 games, contact me at [email protected]:D